PDA

View Full Version : From the LA Kings blogs...

patsdude114
03-10-2010, 10:47 PM
“[Teubert has] made a lot of progress, but he still has a lot to learn,” said Lombardi. “The whole thing about his physical game still has to be channelled in the right direction. You can’t play like the Flyers of the Seventies, so you have to channel that type of aggression. You can’t get away with just running around being physical.”

Indeed, the 19-year-old native of White Rock, British Columbia, who is the captain of the Pats and was one of two Kings’ prospects (Thomas Hickey) to win a gold medal with Team Canada at the World Juniors, is a rather imposing physical force, but tends to get caught up in trying to make the big hit too often, taking himself out of defensive position.

Although the 6-4, 194-pound Teubert has improved on that, he still has quite a ways to go...

With this comment by Dean Lombardi would it be possible that they want Teubert to work on his defensive positioning maybe with another year of junior hockey?? Even in the AHL they dont want to stress these kinds of mistakes game in & game out. Teubert still makes these same mistakes at the WHL level. I was always in question if Teubert is even AHL ready, just have never stressed it on this forum site cuz i know id get called a idiot lol.

Just a food for thought, that maybe if Teubert doesnt show a great defensive improvement come LA training camp or after the Pats season is done & they take a look at him in the final few weeks of the AHL season. The Kinds have a long list of 16 prospects on the blue line & only 2 who will be 20 next year. Do they send back a 20 year on to junior to keep a older guy who isnt eligible for junior hockey anymore??

If by any chance Teubert does come back to play out his 20 yr old season, as hard as this is to say.... Parker would look like a genius for not trading Teubert this year then lol

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
03-11-2010, 04:50 AM
doubt it. I dont think he has anything much to learn in junior, and first round picks usually always get promoted to the AHL anyways.

I suppose that theres always a chance, but never put too much stock into what these guys say unless its an absolute.

patsdude114
03-12-2010, 12:22 AM
ya i completely agree as well... i mean im not expecting him to be back but in all honesty he isnt ready for pro hockey anyways, even if it is only the AHL. He makes way to many mistakes on the ice, & i agree with Lombardi that he is way to aggressive.

If he is sent to the ECHL i think that is a total waste of time, he would get way more out of another season of junior then he would in the ECHL.

Teubert will be part of the LA Kings 1 day but it definately wont be until he is at least 24 yrs old. He needs that much seasoning still. One thing he has worked on alot is his skating ability.