PDA

View Full Version : Brandon to play in Regina?

brandonboy
03-11-2010, 05:08 PM
In the Brandon sun today it states that if our first round of playoffs go to a game 7 Brandon will play it in Regina due to the Royal Manitoba Winter Fair.....

Cant see us having much of a home ice advantage there....

dagley
03-11-2010, 05:43 PM
read my mind

brandonboy
03-11-2010, 07:26 PM
read my mind
Lmao! I dont think I need too........ And ya it wont go to seven but still....W.T.F!

west coast
03-11-2010, 07:58 PM
brandon is definatley playing good hockey and are playing up to their potential which they werent around xmas.I think Brandon is firing on all cylinders and will crush moose jaw in the first round and will make alot of noise at the memorial cup

brandonboy
03-11-2010, 10:59 PM
brandon is definatley playing good hockey and are playing up to their potential which they werent around xmas.I think Brandon is firing on all cylinders and will crush moose jaw in the first round and will make alot of noise at the memorial cup

Id say more around oct-nov we where not playing up to standards I think we went into the xmas break on a 8 or 9 game win streak!

dagley
03-11-2010, 11:33 PM
We were pretty bad the first few weeks of the season. It didnt help not having some of our guys like Schenn, Calvert, etc away at pro camps to start the season

west coast
03-12-2010, 12:02 AM
i saw Brandon play in Red Deer in the new year .It was the first game with the ex Oil King Brent Radaeke , and Brandon couldnt capitalize on scorng chances and seemed to get frustrated and Red deer took the game over and eventually won.The Wheat Kings though have the most potent offense in the Whl.The Wheatkings look like a team that could steamroll into the Memorial cup.If the Wk and swift current did play game 7 in Regina.Most fans would cheer loud for the neighbors to the west -speedy creek.....but it looks like brandon will play moose jaw in round one

dagley
03-12-2010, 12:11 AM
A series vs MJ wouldn't go more than 5, Id be surprised if we didn't sweep them

patsdude114
03-12-2010, 12:27 AM
I havent heard much since but the Broncos were considering playing there whole 1st round series in Regina due to a womans curling thing in Swift Current. I for 1 would be buying tickets to cheer on the Broncos in a second.

As for who the WKs will play could be either MJ or SC, i would think the WKs would handle SC alot easier then MJ. I really think Bosch is more then capable of stealing a game or 2. Also who knows that once the playoffs start if the WKs dont feel the pressure even more with hosting the Memorial Cup. MJ has alot of speed & skill with ALOT better of a goaltender then the WKs have. I do think the WKs will win the series but i dont think it will be as easy as you guys are talking.

That crush can is a very tough building to win in during the regular season & it gets that much harder come playoff time.

dagley
03-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Brandon fans have a lot of confidence with DeSerres right now.

brandonboy
03-12-2010, 09:38 AM
I havent heard much since but the Broncos were considering playing there whole 1st round series in Regina due to a womans curling thing in Swift Current. I for 1 would be buying tickets to cheer on the Broncos in a second.

As for who the WKs will play could be either MJ or SC, i would think the WKs would handle SC alot easier then MJ. I really think Bosch is more then capable of stealing a game or 2. Also who knows that once the playoffs start if the WKs dont feel the pressure even more with hosting the Memorial Cup. MJ has alot of speed & skill with ALOT better of a goaltender then the WKs have. I do think the WKs will win the series but i dont think it will be as easy as you guys are talking.

That crush can is a very tough building to win in during the regular season & it gets that much harder come playoff time.
Ya Moose Jaw's really shown laitley that there goaltending can steal games on us, I mean we've only been able to outscore them 17 to 4 in the last two games.....:eek:

Wheat Kings #1
03-12-2010, 01:30 PM
After watching MJ here twice in the past week and their playoff seeding being decided with a home and home vs. SC this weekend I have a feeling we may be playing SC. Bosch is not 100% and Howden is out, they looked real bad! But let's hope they split and we see them again. Do we get breakfasts in the playoffs? Would be a short series I think.

patsdude114
03-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Ya Moose Jaw's really shown laitley that there goaltending can steal games on us, I mean we've only been able to outscore them 17 to 4 in the last two games.....:eek:

playoffs r a completely different story there young boy, things will be alot tighter.

sbtatter
03-12-2010, 05:45 PM
playoffs r a completely different story there young boy, things will be alot tighter.

Agreed, but, with howden out they are obviously a much weaker team.

brandonboy
03-12-2010, 08:51 PM

Young! Why thank you!:clap: