PDA

View Full Version : soft defence

west coast
03-13-2010, 04:32 PM
interesting footnote at the post game scrum where coach Hunt called the defence soft.Besides a tough in your face Myles Bell, i would say Davidsson is smart and responsible and great on the PP.Carlson and Spooner are first round picks from other clubs that the Pats have picked up but both are Soft.Borstmayer is big , but has to get tougher.Sparrow is soft.Can toughness be taught?Are the players willing to do the little detail work on the ice that helps with team success?Defence is a team task.Are the forwards coming back and helping the defence enough.A 9-3 ass kicking at home in front of a sellout crowd is definately not the way a team should finish their last home game.Is there a chance that Eberle and Teubert could be back with the Pats next year? Whats the rush to join the AHL?

SectionNDeserter
03-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Is there a chance that Eberle and Teubert could be back with the Pats next year? Whats the rush to join the AHL?Eberle will probably be with the Oilers, and not in the AHL. Could go either way with Teubert, though he will probably end up in the AHL.

dagley
03-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Ebs has nothing left to prove in junior, period.

patsdude114
03-13-2010, 09:08 PM
The only way the Oilers would even consider sending him back to junior is if he sustains a major injury, & needs ice time as part of his rehab to gain confidence back. But Eberle will be with the Oilers next season (baring a major set back) as for Teubert i am not 100% sold that he will be in pro hockey next year.

After reading the blog i had posted on here from the LA Kings site, about Lombardi saying he is too aggressive at the wrong times. I noticed on 3 goals for Brandon that exact thing Lombardi was talking about. Teubert has ALOT to learn still. Yes he is still 1 of the best defensemen in the WHL but there is so much to learn for the style of play he plays.

It will not surprise me 1 bit of Teubert is back in a Pats jersey as the "C" again next season. Although he may not be back until mid/late oct as the Kings will give him every chance to prove he belongs in the AHL. Sending him to the ECHL will not benefit him at all. I believe it is either the AHL or the WHL for Teubert next season. I will be a realised here it is prob a 60/40 chance he is in the AHL next year, but that 40% swells big!

Eberle there is a 99/1 chance he will be in pro hockey, & even that 1% is too high to be back in the WHL

witness
03-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Tuebert will not be back, period. He will be playing pro next year, but I doubt it will be with the Kings. I think he will be traded over the summer. LA has a number of prospects on D and will not keep them all.
And if Hunt wants to talk about his soft defense, then perhaps he should point out a couple of vetern forwards that continously turn over the puck at the Pat's blue line or neutral zone.
I thought last nights game was symbolic of the season. Injuries, needless penalities, costly turn overs, inconsistant goaltending, and the inablity to create any offence other than the first line.