PDA

View Full Version : blades rebels head to head

wango tango
03-15-2010, 01:46 PM
comparing the two teams

forwards

red deer brings more natural goal scoring to the table than saskatoon. the blades deeper through four lines.

advantage - even

defense

if niemi is healthy and zahn comes back sometime during this series then it is advantage saskatoon. without those two it's equal.

advantage - even

goaltending

stanford will start game one for saskatoon. red deer's starter is clear cut, kuemper. the saskatoon goalie has been a horse for the rebels and his stats are very good.

advantage - red deer

experience

the first round loss to lethbridge a year ago still stings. the blades are looking to erase that pain at red deer's expense. the rebels are playing playoff hockey for the first time in three seasons. the blades have a more veteran lineup.

advantage - saskatoon

streak

both saskatoon and red deer go into the playoffs not at their best. saskatoon 5-5 in the last 10. red deer 3-6-0-1.

advantage - even

health

the rebels get green back to round out their top two lines. his playoff experience will help. the blades are nursing big injuries to hamilton, zahn, and niemi. niemi should be back for game one.

advantage - rebels

XX15
03-15-2010, 03:52 PM
I was just wondering when Zahn and Hamilton are expected to be back?

wango tango
03-17-2010, 02:41 PM
I was just wondering when Zahn and Hamilton are expected to be back?

both have been called long term injuries. combined with niemi's broken finger the blades could be missing two of their top four dmen to start the first round, that hurts a lot. i'd guess hamilton would play with patterson and wintoneak on the second line.

lordstanley
03-17-2010, 02:46 PM
I heard Hamilton and Niemi are both back for game 1 from a very very reliable source and Zahn may be back for game 6 or 7

XX15
03-17-2010, 05:20 PM
That's good to hear.

reims
03-17-2010, 05:52 PM
hamilton will be a huge boost

Razz
03-18-2010, 12:38 PM
I think Stanford is underrated. If he's on his game lookout opposition.

reims
03-18-2010, 02:41 PM
I think Stanford is underrated. If he's on his game lookout opposition.

thats why i picked him playoff mvp...if the blades go anywhere he will play a huge roll in it

lordstanley
03-18-2010, 04:32 PM
thats why i picked him playoff mvp...if the blades go anywhere he will play a huge roll in it

The Saskatoon media is not covering this series very closely and they wonder why hardly no fans come out well maybe it's because they focus to much on university sports in this city

reims
03-18-2010, 05:38 PM
The Saskatoon media is not covering this series very closely and they wonder why hardly no fans come out well maybe it's because they focus to much on university sports in this city

i agree 100%

reims
03-22-2010, 03:10 PM
3500 at the game on sunday night....brutal!!...but watch the bandwagon jumpers get on in the second round...makes me sick

lordstanley
03-22-2010, 03:14 PM
3500 at the game on sunday night....brutal!!...but watch the bandwagon jumpers get on in the second round...makes me sick

Makes me sick too last year we had like 5 thou for game 2 or something with all fans waving white towels is this year wait and see after losing out in the first round last year still no exuse :paperbag:

reims
03-22-2010, 03:18 PM
i honestly think that this is why we can not have a pro team here in stoon...there would be no fan support through the growing pains of an expansion team...they dont even come out when we have a good team thats winning...i am really disappointed with the lack of fan support for this team.

Allin44
03-24-2010, 10:51 PM
i honestly think that this is why we can not have a pro team here in stoon...there would be no fan support through the growing pains of an expansion team...they dont even come out when we have a good team thats winning...i am really disappointed with the lack of fan support for this team.

Won't be an expansion team, it will be the Moose.

Anyways, big win for the Blades tonight, Stanford kind of scares me right now

wango tango
03-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Won't be an expansion team, it will be the Moose.

Anyways, big win for the Blades tonight, Stanford kind of scares me right now

won't be the moose either.

Allin44
03-26-2010, 02:20 PM
won't be the moose either.

I'd put several loonies on it. Inevitably when a team moves back to Winnipeg, it forces the Moose out. There is talk that when their agreement ends, that Abbotsford will be the Canucks new AHL affiliate, with the Moose moving west to become Calgary's.

wango tango
03-26-2010, 02:31 PM
I'd put several loonies on it. Inevitably when a team moves back to Winnipeg, it forces the Moose out. There is talk that when their agreement ends, that Abbotsford will be the Canucks new AHL affiliate, with the Moose moving west to become Calgary's.

making a big assumption that the nhl comes back to winnipeg, and that is a very big assumption right now.

also i've heard the blades lease does not allow another team in the building without their approval. and the blades aren't going anywhere.

Allin44
03-26-2010, 05:23 PM
making a big assumption that the nhl comes back to winnipeg, and that is a very big assumption right now.

also i've heard the blades lease does not allow another team in the building without their approval. and the blades aren't going anywhere.

I don't think its that big of an assumption that WPG gets a team. Its a matter of when, not if.

How long does the Blades lease run for? How deep are Brodskys pockets? I'd assume that if True North brings the team into Winnipeg, Chipman/Thompson would be looking to offload the Moose.

wango tango
03-26-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't think its that big of an assumption that WPG gets a team. Its a matter of when, not if.

How long does the Blades lease run for? How deep are Brodskys pockets? I'd assume that if True North brings the team into Winnipeg, Chipman/Thompson would be looking to offload the Moose.

i understand the chipman family with the backing of the thomson's are much closer than at any time since the jets left town. there is no imminent deal in place to purchase a team, there isn't even one close with an existing franchise, and the possibility of expansion is nothing more than wishful thinking. so yeah it's a big if right now, believing otherwise is ignoring reality.

if i remember reading correctly the brodsky family is currently negotiating a new lease for the blades, don't know what that all involves, or when the current lease expires. given how long these things tend to take to negotiate and all the legalities involved i'd guess the blades current lease has another year or two left.

jack brodsky has stated the family has no desire to own a team other than the saskatoon blades. and have no desire to move the team anywhere. the current mayor of saskatoon is a former blade, so i guess if push came to shove some pretty big political pressure could be brought on to get a deal done with the city owned building.

Allin44
03-29-2010, 11:08 PM
i understand the chipman family with the backing of the thomson's are much closer than at any time since the jets left town. there is no imminent deal in place to purchase a team, there isn't even one close with an existing franchise, and the possibility of expansion is nothing more than wishful thinking. so yeah it's a big if right now, believing otherwise is ignoring reality.

if i remember reading correctly the brodsky family is currently negotiating a new lease for the blades, don't know what that all involves, or when the current lease expires. given how long these things tend to take to negotiate and all the legalities involved i'd guess the blades current lease has another year or two left.

jack brodsky has stated the family has no desire to own a team other than the saskatoon blades. and have no desire to move the team anywhere. the current mayor of saskatoon is a former blade, so i guess if push came to shove some pretty big political pressure could be brought on to get a deal done with the city owned building.

Seems to me if the City of Glendale doesn't make the right concessions TOMORROW, there is a deal in principle(Kypreos has confirmed, say what you want about the guy, but he does have sources) to sell to TNSE. Also apparently on TSN tonight they were saying that there are plans in place to add 3K seats to MTS Centre

wango tango
03-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Seems to me if the City of Glendale doesn't make the right concessions TOMORROW, there is a deal in principle(Kypreos has confirmed, say what you want about the guy, but he does have sources) to sell to TNSE. Also apparently on TSN tonight they were saying that there are plans in place to add 3K seats to MTS Centre

what i've read suggests IF the thomson/chipman offer is accepted it would see the moose move to phoenix, and tnse assume the lease on the building in glendale. that's probably cheaper for them than having to pay out the penalty on breaking the lease.

with reinsdorf and his group lurking in the weeds again and apparently willing to keep the team in phoenix (and continue losing a pile of money) gives them the inside track.

wango tango
03-30-2010, 11:31 AM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/coyotes-eyeing-a-winnipeg-den/article1516385/

this article only affirms my beliefs, the nhl in winnipeg is still a very big IF.

Allin44
03-30-2010, 12:02 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/coyotes-eyeing-a-winnipeg-den/article1516385/

this article only affirms my beliefs, the nhl in winnipeg is still a very big IF.

It's not an if, its a when. In all likelyhood Reinsdorf leaked something about the TNSE deal to force Glendale. Neither party is going to come out and confirm they have made a deal, it would kill the Moose attendance and probably the Coyotes playoff attendance. If its not the Coyotes, it will be Atlanta, or one of the other half dozen financially dire teams over the next few years. I'm not saying its a for sure for next year, or even the year after, but it will happen.

It is all obviously contingent on the city council meeting in Glendale tonight