PDA

View Full Version : Out with Old .... In with New

Raider Believer
03-16-2010, 03:51 PM
I am thinking that the 2010 - 11 season will be the season that potentially could see a solidfying of the existing talent and an exodus of marginal players. Which means that PA will also see a significant number of new faces next season.

The obvious goodbyes will be to this year's 20 year olds, McCallum, Cameron and Zemlak.
Hickemott, a 20 yo next season is a big maybe, depending on what Revenko decides to do.
Reddin, Wall and Warg will all be 20 yo next season and will be playing somewhere else, Bruno will shop around and see if he can get anything for them. Rowley, Deck and Revenko or Hickmott are locks for the 20 year old slots.
Kochan, Herle & Taylor did not have good seasons and will be gone if Bruno is serious about putting together a winning team for the short term and long term. And I believe he is very serious.
So on defense we will have two new faces for sure. Wasylenko & or Sutton have a decent shot of being # 7 & 8 d-men, depending on how they develop over the summer, both have size and Wasylenko has a nasty streak.
Up front there will be a minimum of 4 new faces and possibly as many as 7, depending on how thoroughly Bruno cleans house. Potential new faces up front are Winther, MacKenzie, Balson, Basara, Stewart and Danyluk, a nice mix of size, speed, grit and skill.

In The Crease
03-16-2010, 04:27 PM
The only thing looking good about matters is it must be a rebuilding year. Hopefully it is. That will, if announced, shut all of you up. Those drafted players both in the past and on the 50 list have the makings. Hopefully, what is left for this and next years draft will be sufficient so as when their time comes, development will pay off, if there is a Spartan program. I hope the Board can handle it too.

Raider Believer
03-16-2010, 04:39 PM
I dont understand why some of you guys dont think Herle does his job. He is a 4th line winger. A 18 year old rookie who came into the league stood up for team mates. He has more fighting majors then anyone on the team and is far from a big player. Even last game when he dropped the gloves with Gogol. Clearly outmatched but he still did it because it needed to happen. I could see not wanting him here if he didnt come and skate hard , or wouldnt go in the corners or maybe didnt penalty kill or anything but he does .

Quite agree. No questioning work ethic or desire. However, the team can do better. Maybe find a guy who will fight and put up points and be bigger and younger??? Next year he'll be 19. You gotta get more from your 19 year olds.

Dwight Schrute
03-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Quite agree. No questioning work ethic or desire. However, the team can do better. Maybe find a guy who will fight and put up points and be bigger and younger??? Next year he'll be 19. You gotta get more from your 19 year olds.

why ? he shows up and puts out 100%. sets a good example of hard work

Raider Believer
03-17-2010, 03:32 PM
why ? he shows up and puts out 100%. sets a good example of hard work

And that will probably help keep him his job. I can't see Bruno dumping Kochan, Taylor AND Herle. Also, I am doubtful that there are enough strong enough prospects to fill the voids that would create. Just my opinion.

Raider Believer
03-17-2010, 04:29 PM
What is Bruno thinking? This is what he said a couple of nights ago on the radio:

Campese believes with their depth built over the past year on their 50 player protected list, the team is in better shape today then it was at this time last year.

He points to players like Marc MacKenzie, Brock Balson and possibly Matt Wasylenko who could add size and grit as 17 year old rookies next season. Top goal man Brandon Herrod returns as a 19 year old while Ryan Harrison appears ready to have a break out season as an 18 year old like Brandon did this past season. Justin Maylan appears to have gained confidence and produced on the scoresheet after buying in to instructions from Campese and his staff.

Last year's first round pick Mike Winther, second rounder Shane Danyluk, Balson, MacKenzie are the best bets to crack next year's lineup as rookies. Wasylenko and T.J. Constant are also expected to challenge for spots.

Chipshot
03-24-2010, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=Raider Believer;149324]What is Bruno thinking? This is what he said a couple of nights ago on the radio:

Campese believes with their depth built over the past year on their 50 player protected list, the team is in better shape today then it was at this time last year.

THAT IS THE PROBLEM HE CAN'T THINK