PDA

View Full Version : Ness/Toews

Allin44
03-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Interesting question on eBrandon, how sick would it be if they decided to turn pro and come to Brandon for the playoff run?

Not a ton of room for Toews but Ness would be a welcome addition.

Boltz9
03-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Just don't see it happening one bit.

Allin44
03-18-2010, 03:21 PM
Just don't see it happening one bit.

Why

WHEATMAN
03-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Even if they wanted to come, I don't think they could. I am pretty sure you would have had to have signed your WHL educational contract before some deadline in February.

Basically, the only players who could join the team are on the 50ppl who have already signed an education contract.

Or so I think anyway.

Allin44
03-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Even if they wanted to come, I don't think they could. I am pretty sure you would have had to have signed your WHL educational contract before some deadline in February.

Basically, the only players who could join the team are on the 50ppl who have already signed an education contract.

Or so I think anyway.

Andy Zulyniak joined the WKs in the playoffs the one year. Most guys in the CJHL don't sign those contracts until they have decided to play.

dagley
03-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Wouldnt wan't either of them, this team has chemistry, this team is on a roll...why disturb it.

sbtatter
03-18-2010, 03:52 PM
I'd take another good d-man!!!!

brandonboy
03-18-2010, 04:03 PM

Or so I think anyway.

Both of them are on the Wheatkings 50 man protected list they dont need to be singed to have them protected.

If they did play for us though they wouldn't be able to play college hockey in the states next year though I belive....

Allin44
03-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Both of them are on the Wheatkings 50 man protected list they dont need to be singed to have them protected.

If they did play for us though they wouldn't be able to play college hockey in the states next year though I belive....

Thats right. But from what I've heard a lot of people aren't happy with how they have progressed at UND. Could be a case of the NYI telling them time to move..

SectionNDeserter
03-18-2010, 04:46 PM
If they were willing to just say to hell with their college education and turn Pro, I can guarantee you that it would be to plan on an NHL roster for pro money, and not what they would be making in the WHL.

Joe Hallenback
03-18-2010, 05:54 PM
If they are on the protected list they could be signed by there Pro teams then be assigned here

Its highly unlikely though

Allin44
03-18-2010, 07:01 PM
If they were willing to just say to hell with their college education and turn Pro, I can guarantee you that it would be to plan on an NHL roster for pro money, and not what they would be making in the WHL.

It'd be they sign with the Isles, and get assigned. They'd get their bonus money and a chance to play in the Mem Cup. Doesn't look like Bridgeport Sound is in a playoff spot right now, and they wouldn't call them up to the big club. That said, there probably even isn't room for Toews on this team, and from what I've read hes had an awful year. 17 game point drought evidently.