PDA

View Full Version : Bosch backstops Warriors to Game 1 win over Hitmen

Malc
03-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Jeff Bosch turned aside 48 of 50 shots he faced to lead the visiting Moose Jaw Warriors to a 4-2 victory over the Calgary Hitmen in Game 1 of their Husky WHL quarter-final series to open the 2010 WHL Playoffs.

Jason Bast and Antonin Honejsek each notched a goal and an assist for the Warriors, who were outshot 50-16 in the contest and 18-0 in the third period but come away with a 1-0 lead in the best-of-seven series. Thomas Frazee and Chad Suer also scored for the Warriors.

Brandon Kozun and Matt MacKenzie both tallied a goal and an assist for the Hitmen, who were 1-for-8 on the power play but allowed 3 goals on 6 Warriors’ man advantage chances. Martin Jones made 12 saves in the loss for the Hitmen.

http://www.whl.ca/thursday-s-whl-playoff-round-up-p141510

MJ Fan
03-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Not sure we will win many more. Unless Bosch stops 48 shots every game.

In The Crease
03-21-2010, 10:45 AM
I think Moose Jaw has their number. MJ had a good season v Hitmen, Now, MJ has cut down the shots against in 2nd game and may just may get them a little lower. Doesn't matter at 30 if Bosch can do it in successive days at Clgy., surely a day of rest and the crowd in the crushed can will count.
I would love to see MJ go up 3-0. Bet there will be fireworks instigated early by Clgy first game in the can. Something tells me both coaches will be ready for such and want their teams to "just play" but I don't think all of the Clgy players can handle it. We'll see.
By the way, no entries here by Moose Jaw Supporters after up 2-0????????

Malc
03-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Jason Bast scored twice and Jeff Bosch turned aside 30 of 31 shots he faced to lead the visiting Moose Jaw Warriors to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Hitmen in Game 2 on Saturday.

Dylan Hood notched a goal and an assist and Antonin Honejsek also scored for the Warriors, who defeat the Hitmen for a second straight time in Calgary and now hold a 2-0 lead over the top-ranked Hitmen in the best-of-seven series. Bosch has now stopped 78 of 81 shots he has faced through the first two games of the series.

Kris Foucault scored the only goal for the Hitmen, who were held scoreless on their only two power play chances but also held Moose Jaw scoreless on six man advantage chances. Martin Jones made 25 saves in a losing cause.

http://www.whl.ca/saturday-s-whl-playoff-round-up-p141560

Jimbo24
03-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Pretty impressive 2 games for moose jaw. It shows what a hot goalie can do for a team.

MJ Fan
03-21-2010, 02:12 PM
Pretty impressive 2 games for moose jaw. It shows what a hot goalie can do for a team.

Ill give the first game to Bosch for sure, but the second game the warriors simply outplayed the hitmen. Shots were close, Moose jaw beat them to the puck and played well defensively. The first two goals were created by turnovers. They have to just keep it simple and use their speed to keep winning. I expect Calgary to play desperate hockey Monday night.

Hatguy
03-21-2010, 03:24 PM
I guess I'll come out from under my rock and say that it won't be easy for Calgary coming into the CC. Should be a great set of games. The Warriors are young, fast and work hard. Gotta respect that.