PDA

View Full Version : Eberle scores 1 min into AHL debut

patsdude114
03-19-2010, 08:01 PM
http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1007056

Finished game with 1g 1a 5 shots on goal

patsdude114
03-19-2010, 08:33 PM
i totally agree with that.... u put him with better players its just going to make him that much better.

Rebelsfan13
03-20-2010, 08:34 AM
But the trend continues. He puts up points and the team still loses.

Jimbo24
03-20-2010, 04:10 PM
I hope the oilers bring him up for a couple games at the end of the season. It would me fun to see, and he's use to being on a bad team.

tito34
03-20-2010, 06:26 PM
He has another goal and assist tonight in the 2nd.

patsdude114
03-20-2010, 06:56 PM
make that 1g2a with 17 mins left in 3rd period

on a side note Carter Ashton also has a goal, scored in his 2nd AHL game. Mitchell has still yet to appear in a game (& with a deep team like Hershey prob wont see many i think maybe 3 or 4 at the most) & Tuebert has played in 2 games so far & is a -1 in the ECHL (side note- Tuebert is playing with ex WHLers Sean O'Connor & Tim Kraus)

tito34
03-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Another goal by eberle tonight in a 2-1 ot loss. That 3 goals, 3 assists, +3, in three games. Not Bad!

wheatiesfan
03-21-2010, 06:02 PM
He is wasting his time playing in Springfield. He might as well get used to playing in the show and give the poor Oilers fans something to cheer about.

patsdude114
03-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Theres a reason why Eberle isnt in Edmonton...... Edmonton doesnt want to risk the chance of him excelling too much in the NHL & winning the Oilers some games & hurting there chances at the Taylor Hall sweep stakes.

If the Oilers can somehow land Hall with Eberle & Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson i can see the Oilers moving Sam Gagner and/or Andrew Cogliano to bring in some decent vetern presence to help along there new prospects. Lets face it Gagner & Cogliano have been busts both were rushed into the NHL way to fast & they are suffering from it now. This is actually the MAIN reason why Eberle is in the AHL. They dont want to screw up another prospect especially one like Jordan Eberle.

Jimbo24
03-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Theres a reason why Eberle isnt in Edmonton...... Edmonton doesnt want to risk the chance of him excelling too much in the NHL & winning the Oilers some games & hurting there chances at the Taylor Hall sweep stakes.

If the Oilers can somehow land Hall with Eberle & Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson i can see the Oilers moving Sam Gagner and/or Andrew Cogliano to bring in some decent vetern presence to help along there new prospects. Lets face it Gagner & Cogliano have been busts both were rushed into the NHL way to fast & they are suffering from it now. This is actually the MAIN reason why Eberle is in the AHL. They dont want to screw up another prospect especially one like Jordan Eberle.
Not rushing him in is the smart thing to do. Maybe play him the last 1 or 2 games of the season. But i can't see them trading gagner,

tito34
03-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Agree they will NOT move Gagner. He is still only 20 yrs old. He show flashes of how good he can be. As far as Eberle goes he may he a cup of coffee at the NHL level this season depending on the Oilers performance in the next 5 or 6 games and if Jordan can keep up scoring like he had last weekend. They will only bring up Jordan if they are winning games and he is playing well. They don't want to bring him into a negitive enviroment in the dressing room. That being said 2 or 3 games won't hurt him. Teach him how much stronger he will have to get in the off-season. Cause his skills are SICK

patsdude114
03-23-2010, 02:47 AM
Im not saying its a forsure but Gagner has been a flop up until this point in his NHL career... Has shown very little promise. I have no idea why the oilers didnt send him to the minors this season anyways like the Coyotes did with Turris

Jimbo24
03-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Im not saying its a forsure but Gagner has been a flop up until this point in his NHL career... Has shown very little promise. I have no idea why the oilers didnt send him to the minors this season anyways like the Coyotes did with Turris
I don't think they really could send him down cause the oilers have never been healthy all year

patsdude114
03-23-2010, 03:31 PM
I don't think they really could send him down cause the oilers have never been healthy all year

This is true but why let a top prospect rot in the NHL with little to no success, swing a minor trade to being in a older vetern & save ur young prospect.

Im not a Oilers fan by any means but i have watched alot of Oilers games on Sportsnet this winter & last year as well. Gagne rarely is noticeable out there, the biggest mistake the Oilers made with Gagner was bringing him up into the NHL too young. Gagner wasnt a cant miss player who wouldnt excel in the NHL right away so why did they even bother. Let the kid grow into the player they want him to be in junior.

Oh wait the Oilers learned this & thats why Eberle was back in junior this season.

On a side note**** the Oilers did the same with thing Hemsky, his 1st 2 seasons in the NHL before the lockout, he was rotting fast. 64 points in 134 games (with only 18 goals) the lock out year saved Hemsky's career in Edmonton as he was able to go back home to CZE & play against weaker competion & gain some confidence.