PDA

View Full Version : Later

mccabe23
05-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Wow. This kid is a handful! Has some nice talent but a loose cannon. He looks like he is playing hurt so maybe that is why he was so cranky tonight.

When Later and Keller got roughing minors, Later grabs a water bottle, points at it and tells Keller the water bottle represents him. He then throws the water bottle to the ground a stomps on it.

McCrimmon benches him for about 8 minutes in the 2nd and Later is pissed! With about 3 minutes to go in the 2nd, McCrimmon pats him on the back and leans over to talk to him. Later freaks out and yells at McCrimmon. McCrimmon shakes his head and walks away.

Finally, Later gets a 10 minute misconduct for throwing a water bottle over the glass at the crowd.

It's too bad he's such a loose cannon because he can really play when he wants to. He made a few Rockets look like pilons tonight as he went end-to-end.

kevanie97
05-06-2005, 11:25 PM
He is classless and has no respect for the game, he did the sliting the throat gesture to Keller just before stomping on the water bottle and should have been called for that..........then he tries to injure Yeomans at the end of the game, there is no room in hockey for such a coward.

I just hope we are blowing them out one game and Sly is dressed so he can run him from behind and break his back the gutless puke.

If he tried yelling at Truitt on the bench he would be on a greyhound home before the game ended.

BWK
05-06-2005, 11:46 PM
I just hope we are blowing them out one game and Sly is dressed so he can run him from behind and break his back the gutless puke.

So this is what you would describe as "class and respect for the game" then? :rolleyes:

C.F
05-07-2005, 12:02 AM
So this is what you would describe as "class and respect for the game" then? :rolleyes:
No kidding.

Kevanie, grow up.

mccabe23
05-07-2005, 12:07 AM
The Rockets don't need Sly to go after Later. They just need to skate away and ignore him.

However, Later scares me. He could easily snap and seriously injure someone. I hope we don't see that and I also hope Yeomans will be ok.

kelownakarl
05-07-2005, 02:22 AM
Best bet is to show some class from our side and let this little snapshow skate around and make a fool out of himself. I would take a 2 minute powerplay over "getting even" any day of the week!

kevanie97
05-07-2005, 06:43 AM
No kidding.

Kevanie, grow up.

You run out of kleenex yet C.F., you can stop pouting anyday now its been a few weeks now since your Vancouver Midgets lost, get over it.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire before the damage is to severe as in the gutless puke Later.It actually may be to late in this case as Yeomans is hurt and may not start tonight.........

kevanie97
05-07-2005, 06:48 AM

Read above(fire with fire) , I would be ashamed to call any team my team with that idiot on it, as a matter of fact I wouldn't call them my team.

I also can see why now Fehr was cut from team Canada, very selfish and a terrible skater, the only reason he has good stats is because Stone is a great player, Fehr would be nothing without him setting him up or Monch.

Teaps
05-07-2005, 07:02 AM
Hit it on the head Kevin...Same thing is happening here as did with Mosienko in the McLeod and Schultz days...Mosie is a defensive forward who put up GREAT numbers that year because of his linemates.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-07-2005, 08:10 AM
It was funny watching Later WWE his a$$ to the ice :clap:

Jovorock
05-07-2005, 10:27 AM
It was funny watching Later WWE his a$$ to the ice :clap:
I forget if it was Later or someone else, but when he had Bodie's head in between his legs and was squeezing Bodie's head so his helmet poped off? One of the PA posters on this board said that we would really hate the Wheatties, they are right. These guys are the cheapest bunch of players I have seen, and its only game one.

The Wheatties are a good team why do they have to do this crap? :confused:

kelownakarl
05-07-2005, 12:32 PM

Because they figured beating up on the Rockets is the way to win the championship?!?! :groovy:

Teaps
05-07-2005, 01:17 PM
LMAO...Turtle?...Not much you can do when your head's in between the idiots knees, are when a guy jumps and does like a gosh darn "peoples Elbow" onto you...Later is a piece of work....I'm surprised he's still in this league...He really is not that good...

fightstrap50
05-07-2005, 01:20 PM
He is classless and has no respect for the game, he did the sliting the throat gesture to Keller just before stomping on the water bottle and should have been called for that..........then he tries to injure Yeomans at the end of the game, there is no room in hockey for such a coward.

If he tried yelling at Truitt on the bench he would be on a greyhound home before the game ended.
And you want to tell people you're a scout for the Rockets eh, HAHA YEAH RIGHT PAL!
your team is the same way when it comes to trying to sit on goalies ect so stop crying Mr.Scout

fightstrap50
05-07-2005, 01:30 PM
I forget if it was Later or someone else, but when he had Bodie's head in between his legs and was squeezing Bodie's head so his helmet poped off? One of the PA posters on this board said that we would really hate the Wheatties, they are right. These guys are the cheapest bunch of players I have seen, and its only game one.

yeah that was retarded of Later and yes hes a bit of a goon. But as far as the cheapest team in the league the Rockettes have that one covered by a MILE. sticks are for pucks not to go around players. Its UNBELIEVEABLE how much crap you guys get away with. So now youve come up against a team that plays tuff and comes hard and youre scared now is that it? Bring it to them hard Brandon! I love seeing Kelowna get beat on like they do to so many teams. Also if you call Later Cheap what the hell do you consider Ofukany then. that was hillarious to see him get worked over by Dawes :spineyes: .

BWK
05-07-2005, 02:05 PM
You guys really should try to realize that there is more hockey played in this world than just the Western Conference of the WHL. I mean how boring is every forth game ending in a shut-out.

Get those teams to loosen up, let the other guys score 4 but make sure your guys score 5, hit somebody and take a hit back.

Last nights game was like a ballet compared to games between PA-Saskatoon or Regina-Moose Jaw. This is just good old fashioned east division hockey.

If Later is a loose cannon, smile about that instead of complaining about it, lick your lips in anticipation of how your coach is going to exploit that.

These are young men playing as hard as they can to win , not some overpaid, locked out prima-donna's who are too scared to lose their million dollar cheques by actually entertaining the fans.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-07-2005, 02:41 PM
I agree that the west teams kinda playing girls hockey out there not very much hitting, lots of skill but play like pussies. They need to stop playing boring ass TRAP hockey too it was like watching the figure skating in the 3rd last night

C.F
05-07-2005, 03:01 PM
You run out of kleenex yet C.F., you can stop pouting anyday now its been a few weeks now since your Vancouver Midgets lost, get over it.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire before the damage is to severe as in the gutless puke Later.It actually may be to late in this case as Yeomans is hurt and may not start tonight.........
How does this have to do with the Giants? I'm allowed to post my opinions on this series just like everyone else. At least mine are respectful to the players.

You say you couldn't cheer for a team with a player like Later, yet you want your team to be worse than him. I don't care how cheap you think Brandon is, you thinking that is hyprocritical.

C.F
05-07-2005, 03:06 PM
I agree that the west teams kinda playing girls hockey out there not very much hitting, lots of skill but play like pussies. They need to stop playing boring ass TRAP hockey too it was like watching the figure skating in the 3rd last nightThat's Rockets hockey, not West hockey.

You can't argue it doesn't work though. Defenive disiplined hockey wins them games. A rocket fan would take your post as a compliment. ;)

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-07-2005, 03:10 PM
It may win hockey games but you have to bring your sleeping bag to the rink.Might aswell be fun to watch not stinkin trap hockey that garbage hockey!!!! :mad:

scamperdog
05-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Yes trap hockey sucks, but Kelowna is the best at doing it, I like the way the wheaties play wish we could see more of that out here, If Kelowna fans don,t like it to bad, at least it is entertaining to watch.

scamperdog
05-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Kevanie97 sounds like you need help, get a grip it,s just a game, your team will probaly win the series, but you and all your Kelowna clan someday have to realize that only kelowna likes the Rockets to the rest of us it is a very deep hatred and when your on top every one wants to see you fall hard

kevanie97
05-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Kevanie97 sounds like you need help, get a grip it,s just a game, your team will probaly win the series, but you and all your Kelowna clan someday have to realize that only kelowna likes the Rockets to the rest of us it is a very deep hatred and when your on top every one wants to see you fall hard

Kinda like the Blazers did 5 years ago (and every year since) they fired Habby?

Brandon Wheatkings
05-07-2005, 03:59 PM
With all the whining being done about Later this and Later that..shut it cause it's hockey.Who said hockey is a clean sport?You do what you need to do to win.If you don't like it..go watch boring NHL hockey...oh wait there isn't any.Be glad your watching hockey.

:mad:

rinkrat
05-07-2005, 04:03 PM
..Not much you can do when your head's in between the idiots knees .

NAW,forget it,I'm not going there,Teaps...HAHA :dead:

Jovorock
05-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Yes trap hockey sucks, but Kelowna is the best at doing it, I like the way the wheaties play wish we could see more of that out here, If Kelowna fans don,t like it to bad, at least it is entertaining to watch.
Since when does the Rockets trap? People that don't know much about hockey say a team that knows good defense is trapping. Please take hockey 101 then post on here.

Jovorock
05-07-2005, 04:27 PM
I agree that the west teams kinda playing girls hockey out there not very much hitting, lots of skill but play like pussies. They need to stop playing boring ass TRAP hockey too it was like watching the figure skating in the 3rd last night
Just another person that doesn't know the difference between defense and a trap. Intoduce your self with Scamperdog and learn hockey.

I sure in the hell wouldn't call the Giants and T-birds girls hockey teams. Last night Kelowna out hit Brandon, so maybe it's the East that plays like girls hockey.

Out west none of the teams do that crap that Later does, he would be killed if he played in the West.

Scout
05-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Hab's never got fired. Marc and i are very good friends and are both from the same town. Hamilton tried his darndest to keep Habby but like he said he had to move on and did what he set out to do. First thing was to show the Bronco's they made a mistake by not hiring him because he wasen't qualified enough. Second was to win the cup. He did both. He had pro offers but then they kept on strike. When Team Canada called he couldn't pass it up. He never, ever got fired. Oops, unless your talking Kamloops. Even there it was a mutual agreement.

Scout

Jovorock
05-07-2005, 04:50 PM
What Kevan was saying he was fired by Kamloops not Kelowna. I'm not sure if he was fired by Kamloops or his contract wasn't renewed?

Habby did a great job here, he said countless times that he would be satisfied to stay here if he never got a great offer from higher up. Marc will be coaching in the NHL pretty soon. Habby did a great job with Truitt's learning curve also, really we haven't missed a step.

kevanie97
05-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Hab's never got fired. Marc and i are very good friends and are both from the same town. Hamilton tried his darndest to keep Habby but like he said he had to move on and did what he set out to do. First thing was to show the Bronco's they made a mistake by not hiring him because he wasen't qualified enough. Second was to win the cup. He did both. He had pro offers but then they kept on strike. When Team Canada called he couldn't pass it up. He never, ever got fired. Oops, unless your talking Kamloops. Even there it was a mutual agreement.

Scout

Scout, Jovo is correct I was talking about Kamloops, he was an icon here in Kelowna and could have kept the Rockets job for life if he wanted to but just like players coaches are groomed to move on to the pro's and i have no doubt Habby will be a great NHL coach one day.

C.F
05-07-2005, 05:23 PM
It may win hockey games but you have to bring your sleeping bag to the rink.Might aswell be fun to watch not stinkin trap hockey that garbage hockey!!!! :mad:
Like Jovo said, Kelowna isn't exactly a trapping team, just a very defencive minded team.

The Kelowna/Vancouver series had some of the best hockey i've seen in a long time. Maybe it's just because Vancouver was more competition.(Just kiddding you ;) )