PDA

View Full Version : webtv broadcasts

reims
03-23-2010, 05:22 PM
i have tried to get these broadcasts before and they didnt work worth a crap....would work for a couple mins then feeze and so on....anyone have some positive experiences with this or tips to get it to work properly???

SectionNDeserter
03-23-2010, 05:32 PM
I have had a lot of positive experiences with them. The audio is generally the weak part, as it is the home team radio broadcast synced up with it, and it has an array of problems. The Lethbridge one has up to 5 minutes of radio ads while the play is going on, the Swift Current one often has this screaming sound in the background, the play by play guys from Kootenay and Seattle are brutal, and have no idea what they are talking about. I generally turn down the volume really low and it is fine. The Saskatoon audio feed is one of the few that I have found the quality of both the audio and the play by play guy to be actually pretty good. The last two times I watched one (Saskatoon), the video froze in about the middle of the 3rd period, and I had to close it and reconnect.

reims
03-23-2010, 05:45 PM
what about red deer broadcasts??...im thinkin i wanna see games 3 and 4

SectionNDeserter
03-23-2010, 05:53 PM
I can't say I have ever watched one on the Web, as I am always at the game. ;)

LifelongChiefsFan
03-23-2010, 07:33 PM
The web broadcasts seem to have taken a step backward this year as I've heard about a lot of people having complaints. The webtv never was fabulous, but as long as you get video with halfway decent audio, it's always been worth the money for me, for the select few games that I have ordered throughout the years anyway. I would recommend buying the games for the playoffs, and if there are any difficulties, you can email insinc and they'll give you a refund. I've never heard of anyone being denied a refund when there were technical difficulties. But if you do decide to order the games, make sure to have your radio on standby, just in case. :cool:

Stay-Puft
03-24-2010, 11:36 AM
I watched the Chilliwack-TC game last night and the feed was pretty horrible but it could be from the fact that I hooked my recently purchased computer up to my 52" HDTV and watched the game that way but it still didn't look that great on my computer monitor. They appeared to be running the same feed that goes to the scoreboard though. I kept seeing ads, a kissing cam and birthday announcements. The announcers were OK but I'll probably turn the volume down and listen to the hometown radio instead.

Joe Hallenback
03-24-2010, 12:03 PM
I have not had any issues lately running them. Once and a while the feed may cut out but if you complain you will get your money back.

The quality is not that good and no where near as good as the feeds in the OHL and QMJHL and I think those leagues deal with different companies than Insinc

Allin44
03-24-2010, 02:01 PM
I have not had any issues lately running them. Once and a while the feed may cut out but if you complain you will get your money back.

The quality is not that good and no where near as good as the feeds in the OHL and QMJHL and I think those leagues deal with different companies than Insinc

Most of the rinks in those leagues are more modern than the WHL rinks too(bigger markets). A lot of them have much better in game cameras. Being a Winnipeg-er now, I rent the WK games, and its gotten better year over year, but they still have issues when the in rink announcer is announcing a goal, or whatever, it seems to go over Lubers voice. I usually just mute the sound and sync the radio feed no matter what game Im watching.

peatfan
03-24-2010, 07:14 PM
This year has been a big setback from last year. I've had the season package for 4 years and it has gotten better every year except this year. Games from Moose, Swift & Brandon seems the worst while PA is usually one of the best. So much for small town theory. Game 3 in MooseJaw was just horrendous as I had to restart it 10 times, had no audio for second period so listened to the Hitmen broadcast which was 5-7 seconds ahead of the video. Also the cameraman kept showing the ceiling of the crushed can, was behind the play and three times the feed switched to some PBS show (damn no smut). Anyhow we phoned in the next day and we all got refunds, no question asked. And the feed for game 4 was very good with only 1 restart and no audio problem (other than their PBP)
I've had good results over the year from Red Deer feed so hopefully all works out tonigt.

reims
03-25-2010, 03:34 PM
it actually wasnt too bad for the feed from red deer...altho it took a few restarts in the third period, blown up on a 52inch tv was painful to watch...its pretty decent if you keep the pic small.

Tiger Trauma
03-25-2010, 06:51 PM
If you share your internet with a couple other housemates sometimes if they are using network heavy applications it can really make the problem worse. Things like having torrent running or a big download.

If you dont share your connection try fooling around the windows media player options under the network and performance tabs.

I've found this year to be fairly good with their connections, with the exception of game or two.

iceman778
04-14-2010, 01:14 AM
http://s595.photobucket.com/albums/t...ers/Blades.gif
thanks for posting this site