PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 WHL final

Jovorock
05-07-2005, 10:40 AM
What will happen tonite, will the Rockets continue to shut down the powerfull Wheatking offense?

Will the officials clamp down on the cheap stuff and force them to play hockey?

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Brandon better solve that goalie or we are in big trouble :turkey:

Jovorock
05-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Brandon better solve that goalie or we are in big trouble :turkey:
Maybe they did solve the goalie problem thanks to Later's cheap shot knee to the back. Yeomans looks pretty stiff after the game, will he start?

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-07-2005, 11:44 AM
hope not haha :groovy:

fightstrap50
05-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Maybe they did solve the goalie problem thanks to Later's cheap shot knee to the back. Yeomans looks pretty stiff after the game, will he start?
I didnt even see where later came from on that play and it was obviuos that he had the intent to do exactly what he did to yeomans. what an Idiot. Its one thing to completely crash the net like kelowna does but thats a way overboard. He is a deffinet "on the edge" player, and id hate to have to contain him for 7 games. GO BRANDON!!

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-07-2005, 03:15 PM
adda boy later :bounce: all you rockets fans can cry over this all series but his style wont change he has been like that for the last year and a half and no suspentions to date. He is a very skilled D man likely the most talented offence wise in the W, look how he made those rockets D look like pilons last night.

Go Wheaties Go :groovy:

Jovorock
05-07-2005, 04:34 PM
adda boy later :bounce: all you rockets fans can cry over this all series
No we'll leave the crying to you guys, all we are doing is talking about Later and what he did.

I think the Rockets will hit even more tonite, Brandon was slow and the Rockets speed will be even more evident.

Squig
05-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Didn't you all see how he got his bell rung on a hit by Comeau? I thought it was funny cause all Comeau was doing was finishing his check. Wait till Weber lines him up on one of his end to end rushes.

The Rockets will not fall into the wheatqueens trap of goofball hockey. Let the clowns play their games - we have seen it before. It won't make a difference - Rockets in 5.

Go Rockets Go!!

C.F
05-07-2005, 10:52 PM
A few things.

-I couldn't believe how undisiplined the Wheat Kings played. I don't know how they think they are even going to win a game if they keep that crap up. And despite all their penalty's, they have got to start hitting some more. The reason why Vancouver and Seattle played such a close series with the Rockets was because they were so physical. More hitting, less cheap plays.

-I really do feel sorry for Plante. He took a lot of slashes and jabs, and Brandon didn't do a great job of protecting him. Finally, their star player had to step up, and I'm gald he did.

-It's really painful to watch the Rockets slaughter a team twice in a row in the league championship series, when a month and a half ago, the Giants played a close hard-fought split in Kelowna. Like i said though, I'm sure the physical play had a lot to do with it.

Unless the Wheaties make a complete turn-around, they won't be heading back to Kelowna.

mccabe23
05-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Why did Later get a 10 minute misconduct while serving a penalty? Anybody see or hear anything?

Squig
05-08-2005, 12:29 AM
that it was abuse of the official. Off ice official that is. Never seen this before but the guys in the box are officials and it looked to me that Later did something to him so he called the ref over and send him packing. Is a suspension looming for "Looser Later" - probably given his antics in games 1 & 2.

Go Rockets Go!!

BWK
05-08-2005, 12:37 AM
that it was abuse of the official. Off ice official that is. Never seen this before but the guys in the box are officials and it looked to me that Later did something to him so he called the ref over and send him packing. Is a suspension looming for "Looser Later" - probably given his antics in games 1 & 2.

Go Rockets Go!!

Wow. That is a new one. What problems could a guy have with a person who's sole purpose is to hand you a water bottle and open a door for you? :confused:

I think part of it may also be that Herman just didn't want Later back on the ice tonight.

Teaps
05-08-2005, 12:41 AM
Actually...Later played a good game tonight...Except for when he decided to go and squirt water on the off ice official and scream profanities at him...Kind of makes you wonder what the off ice official could possibly do to provoke this???Laugh when he's crying to the ref maybe?

lovintherockets
05-08-2005, 12:57 AM
when Later got into the box he was "cranky" swore quite abit and then he was asked to settle down...more swearing then he hacked a loogie on the door handle of the box.....was then told that was not necessary....swore some more after being told to clean up the loogie and proceeded to cough up another loogie on the handle of the penalty box....SNAP goes the off ice official and buh Bye Later.

eecliff
05-08-2005, 01:23 AM
Rockets are ahead only because you are such an ass !!
They feed off what a fool you are !! If you happen to play another game in this series that would mean a Kelowna sweep !!
ee…..
GO ROCKET GO !!!!

kevanie97
05-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Lovintherockets hit it on the head, he spit twice and the off ice official notified the ref and it was goodbye you clown but lets not mention when he left at the end of the 2nd period and he swung his stick through the tarp covering the visiting team at 2 fans that were heckling him and almost hit them.............class act that Later is just like the rest of the
Have a nice summer and get those golf clubs warm.

Chipper
05-08-2005, 07:57 AM
If the Kings don't get there emotions and cheap shot dirty hockey in check this will be a quick exit out of the finals for the Wheaties. The Rockets are a very disiplined team and won't get involved in that kind of hockey. The Wheat kings are a frustrated team :burningma and the Rockets are the best team in the league at frustrating teams, :evil: they are playing right into the Rockets plans. It will interesting to see how the Kings come out to play in game three if they don't get control within themselfs is over in 4 maybe 5.

Jovorock
05-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Why did Later get a 10 minute misconduct while serving a penalty? Anybody see or hear anything?
What is McCrimmon thinking, he has no control of the troops and is a terrible coach. The GM McCrimmon should fire the coach for a terrible job.

The off ice offical that got spit on usually is in the Kelowna penalty box. Friday night the off ice official got into it with Later and he told the linesman that Later through a water bottle into the crowd. So they switched penalty boxes for game two. Right after Later got kicked out they switched again.

If this game was during the regular season there would of been a couple five on fives, but Kelowna knows that there is a big prize in the future. Brandon doesn't know or doesn't care what is in the future.

Westblom did a great job last night being pushed into a pressure situation, sure he let in a bad goal and only had 15 shots. If he starts game three Kris will be just fine in net.

It is great to see the seventeen year old Ofukany really stepping up his game. Next year when he adds more of his offense to his physical play this kid will be great.

BWK
05-08-2005, 09:58 AM
The off ice offical that got spit on usually is in the Kelowna penalty box.

Where did this come from?

lovintherockets wrote "...when Later got into the box he was "cranky" swore quite abit and then he was asked to settle down...more swearing then he hacked a loogie on the door handle of the box.....was then told that was not necessary....swore some more after being told to clean up the loogie and proceeded to cough up another loogie on the handle of the penalty box....SNAP goes the off ice official and buh Bye Later..."

Nowhere did anybody say the official was spit on.

Did you see this?

Jovorock
05-08-2005, 10:13 AM
Nowhere did anybody say the official was spit on.

Did you see this?
I sit behind the Kelowna penalty box, I could see the off ice official and Later arguing with each other but I only heard about the spitting. Whether it was on the door handle or at the off ice official it was pretty classness of Later.

In Kelowna they teach the young men on and off the ice to be better people, what is McCrimmon teaching his players? Prince George gives us better games and they didn't make the playoffs in the west?

If Kelowna played as cheap as Brandon does I wouldn't watch them.

DoubleDee
05-08-2005, 12:55 PM

What I was told, afters speaking with the guy working the box, was that Later spit on the door handle. The gentleman asked him not to do this and Later came back with "colourful" remarks and did it again. More words were exchanged and at the first stoppage of play Herman was called over.

Normally when I post about games and hockey I try, to a degree, to be politically correct. I try not to stir up the mix or get to emotional about my team or another. This changes right here for this post!

I know there is another string on here about Later but I have to say something - this guy is a joke! :clown: I didn't know about the water bottle incident for game 1 but last night I did see him make an attempt to jab a fan with his hockey stick. A fan, I might add, that 9 times out of 10 has a child sitting with him. What a class act - NOT!

Fortunately someone within the Rockets organization saw this as well. Not sure if something was said to Brandon but I know something was said to security if a repeat performance occurred.

So what is it with Brandon? Can they only win games by taking out the other teams’ players and by being a bunch of goons? Do we really want a team like this to be representing the WHL for all of Canada to see? :burningma God forbid them actually getting to the Memorial Cup. Someone would have to warn Sidney Crosby that Stone may line him up from across the rink and hit him from behind into the boards, or tell all goalies that the better watch for Later crashing the net with the sole intent to harm them. Better yet - tell them not to worry about Fehr making a break away since he is a selfish player that will not pass it off to his team mates.

Fortunately, this will not be necessary since Kelowna will finish this off in the Brandon barn - in front of all those people who think it is Halloween and are dressed up like empty seats. Go ahead and stay at home folks - not worth you time. Your Brandon Wheat Kings are done! :dead:

lovintherockets
05-08-2005, 12:56 PM
I can honestly say that I did not see it. But after the game I went with a friend and asked what happened.... the off-ice official told us this tid bit and chose not to tell us about any other antics that went on. The guys in the box here are pretty easy going so to have rilled them up enough to bring over the ref...there had to be more than what he told us. Its too bad actually, I think Later is a good player, sadly his antics outwiegh his abilities.

Go Rockets Go !!!

DoubleDee
05-08-2005, 01:01 PM
Lovintherockets hit it on the head, he spit twice and the off ice official notified the ref and it was goodbye you clown but lets not mention when he left at the end of the 2nd period and he swung his stick through the tarp covering the visiting team at 2 fans that were heckling him and almost hit them.............class act that Later is just like the rest of the
Have a nice summer and get those golf clubs warm.

Sorry Kevanie97 and lovintherockets...I was so riled up that I didn't finish reading the posts before I put in my 2 cents about the spitting and stick incident. You did address this but I also stand behind my remarks in my post about Brandon.

kevanie97
05-08-2005, 01:51 PM
He spit on the handle in anger over his first 10 minute penatly, the exact handle the official has to grap to open, the official handed him a towel and said clean it off please, later told him to go **** himself and asked who did he think he was to ask him to clean it and then spit on it again and repeated the go **** yourself, the official then called the ref over and explained the situation and the ref said see you LATER.

Thats abuse and does warrant a suspension, wether he gets one is anybodys guess since the league really isn't showing any balls with his antics.

He also swung his stick at two fans that were heckling above the tarp were the visiting team leaves, this was noticed by myself and another employee of the Rockets who was standing under the tarp when he did it.The league has been notified of this as well and a report has been written and filed with the league on both instances.

And I completely agree with your comments DD and Lovintherockets and you both ROCK..........Squiqster you owe me a beer as well :D

rinkrat
05-08-2005, 05:25 PM
He also swung his stick at two fans that were heckling above the tarp were the visiting team leaves, this was noticed by myself and another employee of the Rockets who was standing under the tarp when he did it.

A) how did he swing his stick at fans ABOVE the tarp? How did he even see them? They should've had the tarp pulled down properly.

B) What was done with the abusive fans? I believe security is there to protect the players from whacko fans.Just like the recent NBA incident.

kevanie97
05-08-2005, 05:36 PM
A) how did he swing his stick at fans ABOVE the tarp? How did he even see them? They should've had the tarp pulled down properly.

B) What was done with the abusive fans? I believe security is there to protect the players from whacko fans.Just like the recent NBA incident.

The tarp was pulled down but he swung in between the tarp and the hoist that lowers it, all the fans were doing were heckling so stop trying to make excuses for him you idiot. If he can't handle heckling then he needs to pick a different profession.

All you do rink rat is show your lack of knowledge with each and every post you have, go find a kleenex and after wiping your eyes polish your golf clubs and join the loser Vancouver Midgets on the links.

C.F
05-08-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm just as entitled to be on this board as all the other fans.Remember you guys extolling the virtues of this warm and fuzzy,respectfull board? :wave:
This is something he doesn't seem to get.

You being Kelowna fan doesn't make you special Kevanie. This is an open board, anyone is allowed to post their oppinion on this series if it's respecful. I made that word bold especially for you.

And the lame personal attacks are for 10 year olds. Talk like a grown-up.

rinkrat
05-08-2005, 06:28 PM
Is that posted on the white board, verbatim as well?
Just grow up and be civil.We all love the same game! :thumb:

rinkrat
05-08-2005, 06:44 PM
He spit on the handle in anger over his first 10 minute penatly, the exact handle the official has to grap to open, the official handed him a towel and said clean it off please, later told him to go **** himself and asked who did he think he was to ask him to clean it and then spit on it again and repeated the go **** yourself, the official then called the ref over and explained the situation and the ref said see you LATER.

Thats abuse and does warrant a suspension, wether he gets one is anybodys guess since the league really isn't showing any balls with his antics.

He also swung his stick at two fans that were heckling above the tarp were the visiting team leaves, this was noticed by myself and another employee of the Rockets who was standing under the tarp when he did it.The league has been notified of this as well and a report has been written and filed with the league on both instances.

And I completely agree with your comments DD and Lovintherockets and you both ROCK..........Squiqster you owe me a beer as well :D

Re: What is more believable to me is...
by Unbias Fan
If you don't know what happened don't comment on it Wheatie.

He also swung his stick at to fans that were heckling above the tarp we the visiting team leaves, this was noticed by myself and another employee of the Rockets who was standing under the tarp when he did it.The league has been notified of this as well and a report has been written and filed with the league on both instances.

Posted on May 8, 2005, 12:37 PM
Respond to this message

Goto Forum Home
Advertisement:

Look familiar kevy?Not getting enough attention? Is it posted on any other boards?
C'mon you can have the last word. :clown:

Teaps
05-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Hey rinkrat...I don't know if you have noticed, but seem to have stumbled upon the Kelowna Rockets section of WHLFans.ca...Imagine, you comeing and insulting a rocket fan on a rocket board. Also coming on here and standing up for an IDIOT that we obviously have o respect for. I must admit you have some balls rinky...And BTW...Your insulting him because he copied and pasted his own comment on two different boards? ROTFLMFAO...THat manure they use to keep the grass on the golf courses in shape must have gotten to your head bud.....

rinkrat
05-08-2005, 07:00 PM

this was my original post.It doesn't look as though "I came on here insulting a rocket fan" Far from it.Also I do not cut/copy/paste my own messages around various boards.
I didn't come looking for trouble but I certainly didn't come here to listen to little punks trying to intimidate me.Try someone else!
This section of the board and any other is open to ALL members of Whlfans.ca...membership has its priviledges...LOL
Cheers

Teaps
05-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Off Topic...Sorry

rinkrat
05-08-2005, 07:25 PM
BTW Rinkrat...How come you didn't let me know who you were when we met in Vancouver? Were you afraid when you saw me?

OK I have had enough of you. I didn't want to resort to this,but you have forced my hand!
I have tried to be civil lately and been a good sport regarding the rockets.If you want to call me out,then I suggest that you come down again! There was no reason to be AFRAID of anyone,we were fans watching a game.If,however you want to escalate your little fantasy,bring it on!

HAF
05-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Cool it guys. Get back on topic or take your dispute elsewhere.

fightstrap50
05-08-2005, 10:34 PM
why erase my post on who's who around the boards? its good to know this sort of stuff is it not, that way we can all take into considerations posting.
unbias fan= kevanie97
Teaps= rocketfule= jared=?
rocketman=jack daniels, thank god he doesnt post here anymore

HAF
05-08-2005, 10:37 PM
because it was not on topic to what this thread is about. Lets just drop it and get on with the hockey talk.

DoubleDee
05-09-2005, 08:56 AM

All I can say about the whole stick poking incident is that I sit in front and to the left of the guys that it happened to.

One of the guys, as I indicated earlier has his 4 year old daughter with him 9 times out of 10. And, on Saturday night, May 7/05 when Later poked his stick up between where the awning ends and before the cement wall starts, his daughter was with him for this game.

Fortunately, she was sitting right behind me with some other children when this all happened. Normally, she would have been holding onto the rail as her father held her.

He does not yell profanities or being abusive to any of the players. All, if anything, he does is merely taunt a bit like saying "welcome to Kelowna" or "maybe you should look at getting a new goalie" as they walk off the ice. He will also do a thumbs down motion.

And that warrants Laters actions? Yep - I guess it does.

And rinkrat - I did not see your questions as anything but questions. People who have been to our barn would have understood what we were saying about how he poked the stick. Anyone else would have a hard time visualizing it.