PDA

View Full Version : Joke of the League

Chipshot
03-24-2010, 11:11 PM
The Prince Albert Raiders and their fans should be proud of themselves. You do so much to torture to the players for their short comings it is no wonder no one wants to be drafted by this team. http://www.whlfans.ca/images/smilies/frown.gif

If I was a parent and saw and heard this behavior I would have to think that either all the fans in PA are loonie toons, or really have their ear to the ground as to what goes on in the dressing room. If half of what is said on here is true about the coaching and management then the board of directors should do something.

IF the board of directors doesn't do anything about it, then as a community owned team the only thing that you can do is boycott.

It seems that there is a pattern here in Prince Albert of no player development. Now is that coincidence? Or is getting slivers in your ass apart of becoming a better player by watching and learning?

Your coach is very good at remembering mistakes that players makes and lets them sit on the bench. He has his select 12 players that he plays until they are ready to be ill and he thinks that is getting them into shape and icing a winning team. His trades this year are deplorable. He has a rookie scout who is probably crapping himself because he knows that Bruno is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

IT IS the coach's job to develop the players not only in their play but in their growth for becoming better people. It is the Coach's job to show passion and love for the game. Day in and Dday out. If you have that drive you can't help but develop players. BUT there is none of that here. He feels that bench sitting is developing players.

Has Campese ever taken a bench minor to yell at the ref and to motivate the team with passion?

The Board stated they wanted to see improvement. They had that in the beginning part of the year. But as the other teams started getting better and improving the Raiders didn't. Why? The kids all seemed to be the same...doing the same thing as they did in the beginning. Give me a list of things that the current coaching tandem did to improve this team. Show me a better power play, short hand play...body checking. Where was the improvement in the skill set and mentality that they could make the play offs? Bruno the play book from the BCJHL isn't working, you should invest in something else.

Campese has about as much passion as a mushroom. Steve Young is being held back because of Campese's lack of interest in player development both on and off the ice.

Fortunately some players can develop naturally. But do you think that Ryan Harrison is going to thank Bruno for his talent developing in Prince Albert when he is signing his first NHL contract?

Don't blame the Goalies and injuries to missing the playoffs this year. This is one of the healthiest teams that has been iced in years. Why because Bruno is turning them into figure skaters instead of NHL caliber men.

And for all you whiners who don't like negativity. Go teach grade 1. Its a fan board but lets be realistic here. It is for the fans yes...but guess what some of the fans are actually intelligent enough to realize where the blame should be laid.

Bruno can't coach at this level. He can't develop 16 year old players. He can't establish positive rapport with his current team and their parents. I think that anything that has a stamp from the Clarke era is going to be gone. The secretary left. Head Scout didn't have his contract renewed. Players asking for trades. The only mark that Campese has made thus far, are the skid marks in his underwear. Who the heck do you think is going to be at camp this year? Do you think that the parents are going to let their kid come to this team with this much turmoil? A coach that the existing players don't care for or sing his praises. You never hear the players compliment the coaching staff. I wonder why?

You should give the parents of the players a survey and ask them about the experience of dealing with the Prince Albert Raiders, the organization and staff. You would be surprised I am sure where the positives lay.

:groovy:

Oh and Dale Derkatch...should never had been fired by the Pats...he was a scape goat...the team is almost an exact xerox of last years roster and Curtis the sun rises and sets on my ass Hunt couldn't turn them into a winner.
Pats fans blame that on Eberle...he is so darn good no one can keep up with him... oh please they took a star and thought anyone can play with this guy...sure maybe in Bantam.

Raider Believer
03-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Hey Chipshot, there is one thing I agree with in your posting. Dale Derkatch should never have been fired by the Pats...he was a scape goat. Wasn't Bruno clever to hire him?

As for the rest: I have talked to parents. I have talked to players. You have not. You are not accurate in your assessments. Do you honestly think that Bruno didn't want to win as many games as possible. Afterall, it is/was his job on the line. He knows that not running four lines isn't the recipe for success in the WHL. He also knew that he didn't have much to throw out there after the first two and a half lines. And btw, the old adage about the players always knowing who is a good player holds true on this team too. And the players don't have much issue with one or two of the more controversial trades you have kept referring to over the recent weeks since the trade deadline.

Dwight Schrute
03-25-2010, 09:01 PM
derkatch brings one memory, scratching matt robertson and their other overage player in their last game of the year (their dub career). classless move.
bringing shane acorn on staff was a good move that the players say they enjoy.
the figure skating,lack of physical play etc..... have all been noted

interesting thing would be to put a poll on the raider site asking if bruno's contract should be renewed. gauge peoples response.... (maybe make one on here)

XCHEKR
03-25-2010, 09:05 PM
The Prince Albert Raiders and their fans should be proud of themselves. You do so much to torture to the players for their short comings it is no wonder no one wants to be drafted by this team. http://www.whlfans.ca/images/smilies/frown.gif

If I was a parent and saw and heard this behavior I would have to think that either all the fans in PA are loonie toons, or really have their ear to the ground as to what goes on in the dressing room. If half of what is said on here is true about the coaching and management then the board of directors should do something.

IF the board of directors doesn't do anything about it, then as a community owned team the only thing that you can do is boycott.

It seems that there is a pattern here in Prince Albert of no player development. Now is that coincidence? Or is getting slivers in your ass apart of becoming a better player by watching and learning?

Your coach is very good at remembering mistakes that players makes and lets them sit on the bench. He has his select 12 players that he plays until they are ready to be ill and he thinks that is getting them into shape and icing a winning team. His trades this year are deplorable. He has a rookie scout who is probably crapping himself because he knows that Bruno is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

IT IS the coach's job to develop the players not only in their play but in their growth for becoming better people. It is the Coach's job to show passion and love for the game. Day in and Dday out. If you have that drive you can't help but develop players. BUT there is none of that here. He feels that bench sitting is developing players.

Has Campese ever taken a bench minor to yell at the ref and to motivate the team with passion?

The Board stated they wanted to see improvement. They had that in the beginning part of the year. But as the other teams started getting better and improving the Raiders didn't. Why? The kids all seemed to be the same...doing the same thing as they did in the beginning. Give me a list of things that the current coaching tandem did to improve this team. Show me a better power play, short hand play...body checking. Where was the improvement in the skill set and mentality that they could make the play offs? Bruno the play book from the BCJHL isn't working, you should invest in something else.

Campese has about as much passion as a mushroom. Steve Young is being held back because of Campese's lack of interest in player development both on and off the ice.

Fortunately some players can develop naturally. But do you think that Ryan Harrison is going to thank Bruno for his talent developing in Prince Albert when he is signing his first NHL contract?

Don't blame the Goalies and injuries to missing the playoffs this year. This is one of the healthiest teams that has been iced in years. Why because Bruno is turning them into figure skaters instead of NHL caliber men.

And for all you whiners who don't like negativity. Go teach grade 1. Its a fan board but lets be realistic here. It is for the fans yes...but guess what some of the fans are actually intelligent enough to realize where the blame should be laid.

Bruno can't coach at this level. He can't develop 16 year old players. He can't establish positive rapport with his current team and their parents. I think that anything that has a stamp from the Clarke era is going to be gone. The secretary left. Head Scout didn't have his contract renewed. Players asking for trades. The only mark that Campese has made thus far, are the skid marks in his underwear. Who the heck do you think is going to be at camp this year? Do you think that the parents are going to let their kid come to this team with this much turmoil? A coach that the existing players don't care for or sing his praises. You never hear the players compliment the coaching staff. I wonder why?

You should give the parents of the players a survey and ask them about the experience of dealing with the Prince Albert Raiders, the organization and staff. You would be surprised I am sure where the positives lay.

:groovy:

Oh and Dale Derkatch...should never had been fired by the Pats...he was a scape goat...the team is almost an exact xerox of last years roster and Curtis the sun rises and sets on my ass Hunt couldn't turn them into a winner.
Pats fans blame that on Eberle...he is so darn good no one can keep up with him... oh please they took a star and thought anyone can play with this guy...sure maybe in Bantam.

PLEASE!!! You sound like you are going off the deep end!!! Take up another hobby! This obsession you have with Campese is getting downright scarey!!! SEEK HELP!!!
Hate to tell you this...there are people that post on here that actually know and talk to the players so all this BS you are posting is making you look, well... unstable!?!

bigjimmer
03-25-2010, 11:35 PM
Okay, so is Chipsot now O'brien?

The Campese rant is a beyond obsessive? O'Brien, you continually come on here run down this guy, majority of the posters on here don't seem to have the same views as you. So, answer us this, were you a player who was cut, a parent who Bruno pissed off or are you Dave O'Brien and you are finally realizing that no one cares to listen to you anymore and you will never get hired in the WHL again?
________
Ship sale (http://ship-sale.com/)

hockeyfansec2A
03-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Hey Chipshot

i cannot agree more with u, u said everything that is wrong with pa,,

i didnt go to mnay games this yr because im sick of people in pa wearing rose colored glasses and thinking everything is just great with this tea,

I know many old players and i now a few of the families in the last few yrs whos kids have either been traded or have quit and they have all said the same thing, the reason they want out is bruno, now when players say that ****, now wounder noone will come to pa. when u can play for qulality people in the leage like Don hay, Habchied, kelly m in brandon who treats his players great.

tell me what bruno has done since they fired donny?? really? donny was the 1 who got bernhardt and cameron ya im not a huge clark fan but

after they beat vancouver and the blades the last game the fans and board were all smiling like they won the whl, are u serious, i guess who cares about playoffs, last yr chilliwack made the playoffs and fired there coach as well as everettet they wont accept it making the playoffs for most teams isnst good enough, the fans in van/ cal/bran/ kel expect it yr after yr

all i know is pa cannot afford 1 more yr of no playiffs, which they will noit make next yr, the team will be gone sooner than later

will see jr A again sorry people

Chipchura_Fan
03-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I just wish Bruno would just do one job instead of two.. I say let Young coach the team, Bruno should just do the GM duties.

Just my $0.02
Sarah

Chipchura_Fan
03-26-2010, 06:21 PM
couldnt agree more. I am pulling for Young to get his chance this year.

Yeah, I sit near the bench and from what I've seen/heard I think he would do well. Bruno has to be one of the quietest coaches I've seen

clockwise
03-26-2010, 08:15 PM
All I here about is players who wanted out of PA.

Mike Small, Andy Smith, David Dotan, Cole Penner, Blaine Tendler, Brent Martin...

Did any of these players play in the WHL this season? No all went to Junior A or did not play at all. Yep we should have hung on to these players of high quality. So good that 21 other WHL teams passed over them too.

XCHEKR
03-26-2010, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I sit near the bench and from what I've seen/heard I think he would do well. Bruno has to be one of the quietest coaches I've seen

I really like Young also....really, if you sit by the bench>>> you think Bruno is quieter than Young?????? Young is very quiet!!! I have to laugh....there have been comments about Bruno yelling at them and now he is too quiet???

XCHEKR
03-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Hey Chipshot

i cannot agree more with u, u said everything that is wrong with pa,,

i didnt go to mnay games this yr because im sick of people in pa wearing rose colored glasses and thinking everything is just great with this tea,

I know many old players and i now a few of the families in the last few yrs whos kids have either been traded or have quit and they have all said the same thing, the reason they want out is bruno, now when players say that ****, now wounder noone will come to pa. when u can play for qulality people in the leage like Don hay, Habchied, kelly m in brandon who treats his players great.

tell me what bruno has done since they fired donny?? really? donny was the 1 who got bernhardt and cameron ya im not a huge clark fan but

after they beat vancouver and the blades the last game the fans and board were all smiling like they won the whl, are u serious, i guess who cares about playoffs, last yr chilliwack made the playoffs and fired there coach as well as everettet they wont accept it making the playoffs for most teams isnst good enough, the fans in van/ cal/bran/ kel expect it yr after yr

all i know is pa cannot afford 1 more yr of no playiffs, which they will noit make next yr, the team will be gone sooner than later

will see jr A again sorry people

SORRY....but what you wrote is very hard to understand....AHHHH ,do you know much about Kelly M., Don Hay????? I recall a player coming from Vancouver just recently to play with the Raiders because I "believed" there were differences between Hay and himself. It helps to actually go to games in P.A. before you make these comments that come back to bite you! Get to know what is going on, by actually talking and really getting to know players, their families and the billets! Thats right! ...your comments are amusing to people.. who have day to day communication with them!!!

hockeyfansec2A
03-27-2010, 01:44 AM
Well thx for the reply, i achull have connections in van and the reason tucker wanted out of van was becuase Segal came in and was abetter goalie than tucker was and they played him more and tucker wanted to be a main goalie in the whl, it had nothing to do with don hay, and yest i know a few local players that are listed with bran and kelly m does alot for his list players,

have fun in pa, the team is going nowhere

Raider Believer
03-27-2010, 09:16 AM
Well thx for the reply, i achull have connections in van and the reason tucker wanted out of van was becuase Segal came in and was abetter goalie than tucker was and they played him more and tucker wanted to be a main goalie in the whl, it had nothing to do with don hay, and yest i know a few local players that are listed with bran and kelly m does alot for his list players,

have fun in pa, the team is going nowhere

You must be a former Brandon player who bombed his grade 11 and 12 English. I do agree that Kelly M and Don Hay are quality individuals, if not a bit uncompromising, there is no arguing with their success. As for PA's future success, just wait .....

XCHEKR
03-28-2010, 08:54 PM
You must be a former Brandon player who bombed his grade 11 and 12 English. I do agree that Kelly M and Don Hay are quality individuals, if not a bit uncompromising, there is no arguing with their success. As for PA's future success, just wait .....

I was actually thinking along the lines of a grade quite a bit lower than 11 or 12...that is a very good reason to NOT take much of what was said in the comment serious!!! Sure ... Kelly M sure seems to get out of players what he wants and I must say Don Hay also.THEY DO NOT COMPROMISE! Is that the type of coach Prince Albert wants behind the bench??? Not sure!

hockeyfansec2A...."thx" for reply. SORRY, I "achull" have connections in van and know more than you do so you are wrong on that one! Just don't concern yourself with the Raiders...i have an idea> go back to school!

patsdude114
03-28-2010, 11:12 PM
derkatch brings one memory, scratching matt robertson and their other overage player in their last game of the year (their dub career). classless move.

i totally agree with this that was a very classless move by Derkatch, Robertson wasnt sick or injuried was a healthy scratch to play someone else.

All Derkatch did last season behind the bench was walk up and down the bench yelling... he lost all respect in the dressing room & rightfully so. Derkatch wasnt ready to be a WHL coach, u dont come from midget hockey to the WHL to be a head coach that just doesnt happen. Yes u blame Parker for setting up a Pats Legend for failure.

Scruffy
03-29-2010, 09:18 AM
I seem to remember Kamloops had a fat school teacher who's only experience in hockey was coaching midget. Even had some success in the NHL.
I get a little concerned with the defeatist attitude expressed on this site regarding how a once proud Hockeytown is at some kind of disadvantage because no one wants to come to PA.
Last week end the Minto's had spring camp after a relatively successful season. The charge each participant $60 and had about 150 hopefuls come out. Many came from a long ways including some from Saskatoon that will show up in the upcoming bantam draft. I also know there were some players from other AAA clubs who want to play here. Yes, they want to play in midget poor little PA.
The Minto's also had probably one of the best fan bases in the league in a town where all kinds of excuses are made as to why fans don't come out. I expect they were outdrawing some SJHL teams.
The activity on this site is second to none, and generally much more informed than most others in the league. Some seem to think no activity is better.
I guess my point is, PA is still a good hockey town. Players will come to a team they can be proud to play for. Fans will support a team they can be proud to cheer for. The coach is very important, but not everything. I sure hope Derkatch can solidify the list, and the coaches get off their ass and get to know some of those prospects.

patsdude114
03-29-2010, 01:27 PM
I seem to remember Kamloops had a fat school teacher who's only experience in hockey was coaching midget. Even had some success in the NHL.

I believe u r talking about Mr. Ken Hitchcock with this comment.... the two era's rnt even comparable. Derkatch had success in the 1st month having the Pats in a tie for 1st place. But with so much being down no a days with video for scouting Derkatch got out coached once it got around the league the style he played. Which doesnt work at the junior level it works in midget/bantam/peewee hockey but not at this level.

You cant for full out offense all the time, without blocking shots & taking care of your own end 1st. Something Derkatch didnt think about. The Pats defense were told to hold the red line but a quuick chip off the boards & there was a odd man rush the other way. The year with Derkatch behind the bench the Pats were lucky we had Rowat as our goaltender cuz things would of been much worse if we didnt have a quality goaltender.

Raider Believer
03-29-2010, 02:28 PM
IMHO a good coach adapts to the players he is dealt with. In other words you can't turn plow horses into race horses.

Chipshot
04-01-2010, 10:01 AM
I am not O'Brien ( seriously do you think that someone who may want a hockey job is going to post on here)...I am a former season ticket holder who happens to know some players and their parents. Bruno is not well regarded by the players. And the board is directionless. They want a bottom line but they don't know how to go about it.

No one will come to Prince Albert to save the sinking ship and do you blame them? Would you want to work for this organization? I don't think you can put the Mintos and the Raiders in the same class. They want to play for the MINTOS. NOT THE RAIDERS.

Do you know of any kid that says I wanna play on the Raiders when I grow up?

Why did Manson step back from any role with the team? Why did Campese treat Aasman with no respect after his dad passed away? Why does a guy like Kochan who will sacrifice himself on every play...gets no ice time. Why does Campese only play 3 lines and not develop a 4th? Why can't he even get the defensive pairings straight?

Once again I ask SHOW ME WHERE these players have improved. And you can say that it was alllll Campese?

That would look funny that Bruno is hired as the head coach in his original role and then becomes the GM. Historically a guy that doesn't have the experience can't do both roles. Community owned teams can't compete... you can't convince players to come here. You can't convince quality coaches and managers to come here. Seems to be a theme here.

shop2
04-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Aasman was too small and Kochan sure wasnot given a chance ..but I believe Campese Young tandem is a great combination. You have to get rid of the trash collected by OBrien,,who set this organization back to where they just could not compete. As for kids not wanting to play here,that is plain BS. The ones that excel here love it. I have to hand it to Campese for moving the kids he had no plans in thefuture for. That is a class move. Time will tell on Brunos success. I enjoyed this season more then any in the last ten. I dont think any coach in PAs history accomplished this much with this little to work with. No Modanno, Chipchura,Kraft,Nelson,Manson,Kelly, ect.ect Give the guy some latitude and let him bring this team along

westbeach55
04-01-2010, 11:21 AM
who do you take out of the lineup to put kochan in, i think they gave him as much ice time as they could. Manson stepped back to coach his son everyone knows this and stayed with the mintos until you have proof that he has a prob with organization stop bringing this up. this isnt minor hockey anymore where players all get equal ice time and i find it kinda funny all the board voted for the coaching staff to be back and a couple of the players i talked too are excited to be coming back and think the team is going in the right direction. If there were as many problems as you think so they would be going around this city and everyone would know and you just dont hear it around and yeah if penner, dotan etc are pissed about being let go and traded let it be. why are you a former season ticket holder???

I am not O'Brien ( seriously do you think that someone who may want a hockey job is going to post on here)...I am a former season ticket holder who happens to know some players and their parents. Bruno is not well regarded by the players. And the board is directionless. They want a bottom line but they don't know how to go about it.

No one will come to Prince Albert to save the sinking ship and do you blame them? Would you want to work for this organization? I don't think you can put the Mintos and the Raiders in the same class. They want to play for the MINTOS. NOT THE RAIDERS.

Why did Manson step back from any role with the team? Why did Campese treat Aasman with no respect after his dad passed away? Why does a guy like Kochan who will sacrifice himself on every play...gets no ice time. Why does Campese only play 3 lines and not develop a 4th? Why can't he even get the defensive pairings straight?

Once again I ask SHOW ME WHERE these players have improved. And you can say that it was alllll Campese?

That would look funny that Bruno is hired as the head coach in his original role and then becomes the GM. Historically a guy that doesn't have the experience can't do both roles. Community owned teams can't compete... you can't convince players to come here. You can't convince quality coaches and managers to come here. Seems to be a theme here.

Raider Believer
04-01-2010, 04:13 PM

Your right! Didn't expect me to agree with you eh? Campese DIDN'T play the fourth line! And he shouldn't have. Reason: they were crap and won't be there next season. With a two year mandate expect wholesale changes up front. As I've said several times .... with a couple of exceptions the 91's were absolutely horrible!
As for Aasman .... even the players will tell you he was the worst d-man on the team and they don't miss him even a little bit. At least with Parker you get a guy who can be a regular on the 3'rd line and spot duty on the 2nd.

As for the players talking smack about Bruno. Totally not true. However, you know the old saying. "victory has a thousand fathers and defeat is an orphan".