Medicine Hat @ Calgary Friday, April 9 7:00
Calgary @ Medicine Hat Sunday, April 11 6:00
Medicine Hat @ Calgary Tuesday, April 13 7:00

Jimbo24
03-30-2010, 10:37 AM
hitmen in 6

Hitmen1
03-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I should have added to the schedule post but Shaw is going to show this series on the tube. Not surprised because it is the Hitmen but imo Brandon-Saskatoon should have been the series for Shaw to cover.

lordstanley
03-30-2010, 04:42 PM
I should have added to the schedule post but Shaw is going to show this series on the tube. Not surprised because it is the Hitmen but imo Brandon-Saskatoon should have been the series for Shaw to cover.

Of course us and Brandon should be the shaw series but Ron Robison and the league have way to much respect for Calgary and Vancouver 2 NHL cities, it will never change/

Fisticuffs
03-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Calgary and Med Hat, always a great rivalry, but i have to agree, i was surprised they aren't showing the Brandon/Saskatoon series...

Boltz9
03-30-2010, 08:22 PM
I agree with the Shaw stuff, but it's nothing new. I'll say Calgary in 5, for some reason I just see Calgary taking it to the Tigers, maybe it's something to do with Bunz being the goalie. I wouldn't even be shocked at a sweep in the series really.

caniac # 2
03-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Med Hat in 7 !! call me a troller i dont care ! :evil:

Hitmen1
04-02-2010, 12:07 PM
1) CALGARY HITMEN vs (5) MEDICINE HAT TIGERS

2009-10 regular-season record: (W-L-OTL-SOL, PTS)
Calgary: 52-17-1-2, 107pts
Medicine Hat: 41-23-3-5, 90pts

2009-10 head-to-head record:
Calgary: 4-1-0-1, 9pts
Medicine Hat: 2-2-0-2, 6pts

2009-10 head-to-head top scorers:
Calgary:
Tyler Fiddler 6gp-6g-4a-10pts
Joel Broda 5gp-3g-3a-6pts

Medicine Hat:
Emerson Etem 6gp-5g-2a-7pts
Taylor Gal 6gp-2g-4a-6pts

The Calgary Hitmen and Medicine Hat Tigers meet in the playoffs for the first time since the 2006-07 season. Darren Helm and the Tigers defeated Ryan White and the Hitmen four games to one in the 2007 WHL Eastern Conference Championship series.

The Hitmen advanced to the second round of the WHL playoffs after eliminating the Moose Jaw Warriors in a tough seven-game series that saw the Hitmen rebound from a 3-1 series deficit. Calgary’s offense may have sputtered early on in their first-round series versus the Warriors, but they found their game towards the end, outscoring the Warriors 18-7 over the final three games to win the series. Brandon Kozun may be the Hitmen’s leading point-getter in the post-season; however, it was the secondary scoring from the likes of Jimmy Bubnick, Cody Sylvester and Del Cowan that enabled the Hitmen to advance. Defensively, the Hitmen improved as the series versus the Warriors went on. Yet, they will have their hands full in trying to contain the Tigers’ speedy, shifty and offensively gifted forwards. Goaltender Martin Jones endured a rough start to the playoffs, but, like his entire team, improved as the series moved along. The 20-year-old has playoff experience on his side, and will need to be sharp and calm in the face of the Tigers’ dynamic offense.

The Tigers are in the second round of the WHL playoffs for the seventh time in the last eight seasons, and advanced to the Conference semi-final having beaten the higher-ranked Kootenay Ice in six games. Like the Hitmen, the Tigers had a rough started the 2010 post-season, losing their opening two games in Cranbrook by a combined score of 10-2. However, they rebounded by winning the next four games versus the Ice by a combined 18-5 score line. Offensively, the Tigers’ balanced attack helped them generate more than enough scoring in the first round, with 13 different players finding the back of the net. Emerson Etem led the way with four goals and seven points while a total of 13 players had at least two points in the series. Defensively, the Tigers improved greatly throughout the series, and surrendered only five goals in the last four games, combined. Mark Isherwood, Jace Coyle and the Tigers’ defense corps will need to be even better to contain a Hitmen attack that scored 31 goals in seven first-round games. Sophomore goalie Tyler Bunz was terrific in the first round, showing poise and confidence beyond his 18 years of age. He will have to carry his strong play into the series versus Calgary if the Tigers want to keep moving on.

Full preview of the 2nd round can be found here. (http://www.whl.ca/2010-whl-playoffs-second-round-preview-p141801)

brandonboy
04-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Med Hat in 7 !! call me a troller i dont care ! :evil:

Troller......lol

Jimbo24
04-02-2010, 04:37 PM
6-3 Calgary

Hitmen1
04-02-2010, 10:06 PM
A late first period collaspe by the Tigers allowed the Hitmen to score 3 goals and really have the game under control. The Hitmen played their best defensive game of the playoffs and didn't allow many good chances against. Game 2 Sunday evening.

Hitmen1
04-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Offensively, not a great start but after the first period, the Hitmen were clearly the better team today. Marty only had to come up with one real good save, other than that he just had to be solid. It was really a boring game, the Hitmen didn't give up much and there were stretches that they didn't generate much either. Game 3 Tuesday night.

MVNWriter23
04-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Not that you particularly care because they're on the Tigers but how have Emerson Etem and Tristan King looked? Foucault seems to be back to his more invisible ways again...

Hitmen1
04-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Foucault scored twice in game 1 and actually went to the front of the net to score so that was great to see. To be honest, not many Tigers have looked good in this series, the Hitmen have played 2 very good defensive games vs them so far.

Hitmen1
04-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Well the Hitmen were in complete control of the game tonight and had a lengthy 5 on 3 early in the third period. The Tigers were able to kill off both penalties and game all kinds of jump and for the first time in the series the Tigers were able to use their speed to their advantage and came back from 2-0 and 3-2 deficits and score the winner early in OT. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow night. Will the Tigers have an advantage after a huge come from behind win or do the Hitmen get back to playing great defensive hockey because for 2 plus periods again tonight, the Tigers had nothing happening offensively.

Hitmen1
04-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Both teams opened it up in the first period tonight and it was an exciting period of hockey but once the second period started the Hitmen got back to the great defensive hockey that made them sucessful so the first 8 periods of the series. The Hitmen only gave up 9 shots the last 40 minutes of the game. The Hitmen playoff hero so far has to be Cody Sylvester, he now has 7 playoff goals after just 10 in the regular season. The reason why the Hitmen will win this series, if they win it, is because the Tigers cannot match the Hitmen physically. Game 5 goes Friday night at the Dome and with the Flames season basically over, it should be a big crowd.

hitmanfan
04-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Not that you particularly care because they're on the Tigers but how have Emerson Etem and Tristan King looked? Foucault seems to be back to his more invisible ways again...

Etem has been decent. I'm suprised Willie still plays King. Both games in the Hat he looked dis nterested and lazy. They were down by a goal and he couldn't be bothered to skate 3' to keep the puck in the Hitmen zone. If you hit him he just vanishes, but was chatting up Beach like he wanted to start something. Hard to explain it.

Jimbo24
04-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Really impressed with your role players right now, Hitmen look good right now

hitmanfan
04-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Really impressed with your role players right now, Hitmen look good right now

Unfortunately so do the Wheaties!!!:confused:

MVNWriter23
04-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Etem has been decent. I'm suprised Willie still plays King. Both games in the Hat he looked dis nterested and lazy. They were down by a goal and he couldn't be bothered to skate 3' to keep the puck in the Hitmen zone. If you hit him he just vanishes, but was chatting up Beach like he wanted to start something. Hard to explain it.

He's from my hometown although I do not think he played high school hockey for us. My high school plays a gritty forechecking style of game and we're normally amongst the best in the state each year. We've had a few kids go ply their game in the WHL, but Tristan King is the latest. It certainly does seem odd he'd wilt like a flower when he's hit and then chirp to a guy like Beach who would likely turn him into a rag doll.

Also good to see Foucault getting more involved, he really needs to have a great post season I think if the Wild are going to keep some faith in him. He's very fortunate we don't have many good options at forward for him to compete with...so even with his modest totals it just might be good enough to earn a spot with the team. Great information! Thanks and GO HITMEN!!!

scrawny69
04-09-2010, 04:26 PM
:dead::dead: Never thought i could bring myself to state this but......

Go Hitmen Go!!! :dead::dead:

Hitmen1
04-09-2010, 07:03 PM
No Tyler Fiddler tonight, Ben Wilson will also be out again tonight. Royer and Kosterman are in the lineup.

Hitmen1
04-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Another game where the Hitmen just stopped skating. They had the game under complete control had 3 power plays in the 2nd period and had no urgency yet again to put the Tigers away, very similar to game 3. The Tigers got a couple of nice redirection goals before the 2nd ended to have a 3-3 tie headed to the 3rd. In the third, the Tigers dominated the first 14 minutes of the 3rd, built a 5-3 lead and then had to hang on for a 5-4 win. Game 6 on Sunday.

Fisticuffs
04-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Anyone know when benny and fids will be back in the lineup??

Hitmen1
04-11-2010, 05:30 PM
Sounds like Wilson is back in tonight. They will scratch Kosterman and Aschim. Rissling will be in his first playoff game tonight. Fiddler will take the skate and they will go from there.

Boltz9
04-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Anybody watching the game on tv right now, please tell me how that was a penalty on Mckay I think it was when he leveled Fisenko. I didn't know they gave out penalties for good clean hits.

Allin44
04-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Hell of a game so far(5 mins gone in OT)

Hitmen1
04-11-2010, 09:19 PM
This is the 4th straight year the Hitmen have reached the Eastern Conference Final! That is unbelievable in junior hockey. Congrats to the Tigers who put up one hell of a fight tonight. The better team in the series won though! Full recap will be on my blog later.

Oh and GO Blades, I would like to see a game 7 in that other series. :)

Allin44
04-11-2010, 09:41 PM
2 bad turnovers, 2 goals, season over.

Ouch

Jimbo24
04-11-2010, 09:52 PM
I sure hope Hanson doesn't ref brandon games.. man is he bad.

Hitmen1
04-11-2010, 10:13 PM
I sure hope Hanson doesn't ref brandon games.. man is he bad.

I said how terrible he is to my wife as we watched the game. I think he called every penalty tonight. I think Savage was going to let them play.

Hitmen1
04-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Game recap now up on my blog.

http://mwalsh20.blogspot.com/

Hitmen1
04-12-2010, 08:20 PM
The hero of game 6, Kris Foucault, has been named player of the week.

http://www.whl.ca/hitmen-s-foucault-named-boston-pizza-whl-player-of-the-week-p142046