PDA

View Full Version : WHITEOUT

lordstanley
03-31-2010, 01:21 PM
BLADES ANNOUNCE WHITEOUT NIGHT & STUDENT NIGHT FOR GAME #1

The Saskatoon Blades are pleased to announce that game 1 of the Eastern Conference Semi-Final vs. the Brandon Wheat Kings as Whiteout Night.

Fans attending the Friday April 2nd game at Credit Union Centre are strongly encouraged to wear white in support of the Blades. The first 3,000 fans will also receive white rally towels to wave in the air in support of the Blades.

In addition to Whiteout Night, the Blades have deemed game #1 of the Eastern Conference Semi-Final as Student Night! The Blades will be acknowledging the U of S Huskies men’s basketball team on their recent National Championship on the ice during the 1st intermission and members of the Championship squad will be signing autographs on the concourse during the 2nd intermission. All University of Saskatchewan students and SIAST students can also enjoy game #1 for $15 by showing proper student ID at time of purchase.

Tickets for Games 1 & 2 are available for purchase through Ticketmaster by calling 938-7800, online at www.ticketmaster.com, or by visiting any Ticketmaster box office.

http://www.saskatoonblades.com/News/Blades_News/959/

Boltz9
03-31-2010, 01:40 PM
Oh no, I'll be somewhat supporting this by wearing my white Wheaties jersey at the game lol. Wish Brandon would really get behind something like this.

reims
03-31-2010, 03:47 PM
last time the blades tried for a whiteout it was a joke...dont worry people wont get this concept...lol

Boltz9
03-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah it's hard for these things to catch on. Brandon kinda tried a gold out last playoffs but that got nowhere. I don't think it will ever work unless the team is actually going to hand out thousands of plain shirts whether it be white or gold, and that would probably be a decent size expense.

reims
03-31-2010, 04:11 PM
ya it would be...lotsa people get to the game and see people wearing white and wonder howcome, or just plain forget to do it...i think if they had some real cheap plain tshirts people would be willing to pay 5 bucks for them to "fit in"....just a thought...would be great to see 5000 with white on tho, adds to the atmosphere.

lordstanley
03-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Yeah it's hard for these things to catch on. Brandon kinda tried a gold out last playoffs but that got nowhere. I don't think it will ever work unless the team is actually going to hand out thousands of plain shirts whether it be white or gold, and the would probably be a decent size expense.

Im just looking foward to all the new bandwagon jumpers that come out who havent been 2 a game in 2 years, and that concept will never work i agree the fans in this city need to suport this team a little bit better football isn't for another 3 months so there is no exuses get your ass to the damn rink.

reims
03-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Im just looking foward to all the new bandwagon jumpers that come out who havent been 2 a game in 2 years, and that concept will never work i agree the fans in this city need to suport this team a little bit better football isn't for another 3 months so there is no exuses get your ass to the damn rink.

yep and theres always those people too...lol

reims
03-31-2010, 04:46 PM
my theory on stanford for mvp may come true in this round...he will have to be great against brandon for the blades to win

Allin44
03-31-2010, 05:52 PM
It can't be much worse than the gold out we tried last year.

Boltz9
03-31-2010, 06:02 PM
ya it would be...lotsa people get to the game and see people wearing white and wonder howcome, or just plain forget to do it...i think if they had some real cheap plain tshirts people would be willing to pay 5 bucks for them to "fit in"....just a thought...would be great to see 5000 with white on tho, adds to the atmosphere.

In Brandon we had gold shirts with the logo on the front selling for $5 but it still got nowhere. I think for it to work the organization would have to pay for it and would have to have them given out to every person as they came in the door.

reims
03-31-2010, 08:18 PM
In Brandon we had gold shirts with the logo on the front selling for $5 but it still got nowhere. I think for it to work the organization would have to pay for it and would have to have them given out to every person as they came in the door.

ya if that didnt work...nuthin will...shows that fans dont wanna spend the 5 bucks to show support...figure the ticket cost is enough and ***** about it the rest of the summer...and not come back again until the 2nd round of the playoffs the next year...im a little pissed off, if you hadnt noticed:burningmad:

lordstanley
03-31-2010, 08:22 PM
ya if that didnt work...nuthin will...shows that fans dont wanna spend the 5 bucks to show support...figure the ticket cost is enough and ***** about it the rest of the summer...and not come back again until the 2nd round of the playoffs the next year...im a little pissed off, if you hadnt noticed:burningmad:

Well i aint getting screwed at games not paying 6 bucks a beer, how about sneak a mickey in pay 13 bucks for it and buy a pop for mix bingo bango. Oh i have a hell of a time, even up to a couple seasons ago i was buying childs tix and im not even close to a child anybody can do it, all they do is scan your ticket for a attendence marker

Jimbo24
03-31-2010, 08:46 PM
The gold out last year was embarrassing. Me and my buddies bought a couple figureing that everybody else would be wearing them but got to the games and saw maybe a hundred people wearing them. I still have mine, don't think i will wear it though cause it has sanfred sucks across the back haha:D

reims
03-31-2010, 09:23 PM
The gold out last year was embarrassing. Me and my buddies bought a couple figureing that everybody else would be wearing them but got to the games and saw maybe a hundred people wearing them. I still have mine, don't think i will wear it though cause it has sanfred sucks across the back haha:D

i know what you mean...last year in stoon they tried this and it flopped

patsdude114
03-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Well i aint getting screwed at games not paying 6 bucks a beer, how about sneak a mickey in pay 13 bucks for it and buy a pop for mix bingo bango. Oh i have a hell of a time, even up to a couple seasons ago i was buying childs tix and im not even close to a child anybody can do it, all they do is scan your ticket for a attendence marker

I agree in Regina this year our beers were raised to $6 i think i bought 5 beers in total this year but last year they were $5 i had at least 1 beer a game... i hate change which was prob a big part as why i didnt buy many beers this year

As for ur ticket thing, i buy 1 adult 1 student... student is for my wife cuz she doesnt come very often but there is no way im buying a adult ticket for her to only come to about 10 to 15 games a year... she wont come at all if she cant sit beside me... so i get a stack of tickets that go unused but i trade them in & give them to Big Brothers

lordstanley
03-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Lets see for a averge Blades game without season tix 3 beer a beer before each period 18 bucks a adult ticket 18 bucks hot dog and fries or whatever 6 bucks total price $42 bucks

or childs ticket for 9 bucks cause they never look a mickey for 12 bucks and eat before the game total price $21 bucks more bang for your buck betetr food at home probably and there stuppid for not catching on with the kids ticket thing

lordstanley
03-31-2010, 09:56 PM
I forgot to mention im a cheap basterd :D

dagley
03-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Remember the smiley t-shirts?

Boltz9
03-31-2010, 10:21 PM
I forgot to mention im a cheap basterd :D

Lol, is this cheap bastard going to be making the trip to Brandon on a fan bus, or any other Blades fans on here?

XX15
03-31-2010, 10:32 PM
Hmmmm, Anyone have an idea at how many fans you think will actually come this series. Last series was just brutal.

dagley
03-31-2010, 10:46 PM
Indeed it was here too

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-01-2010, 10:27 AM
I agree with the crappy attempt to get a WHITE OUT going in past years,it may work but if the fans get the concept and IF fans come to the games.

If a decent amount of people do not show up at games 1 and 2 then,it is a TOTAL EMBARRASSMENT,but do not be surprised if people do not show up. I would like to see this change because The Blades deserve the support,thus why I try to go on every roadtrip that I can.

All I need to do in order to be 100% sure I am coming on the fan bus is switch shifts at work so I do not have to work on the 9th and 10th,which I currently do work those days!!!

I hope I can switch.

Wooo Hoo one more day until the series starts!!!!!

westbeach55
04-01-2010, 11:24 AM
never though i would say this but go blades go, heading up to go to car show then to check out the blades game

lordstanley
04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Gonna be great

Scoring edge:Brandon
Defense:even
Golatending:Saskatoon
Power Play:Brandon
Penalty Kill:Saskatoon
Physicle edge:Saskatoon

Where Brandon gets us good is offensive depth and the PP, if were gonna win this series our PP is gonna have to step up like it hasn't all year long that is gonna be a huge differense maker

I say Blades split the first 2 at home then win 1 out of 3 in Brandon come back for game 6 we win then Back to Brandon for game 7 where i think the Wheaties will win

sbtatter
04-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Gonna be great

Scoring edge:Brandon
Defense:even
Golatending:Saskatoon
Power Play:Brandon
Penalty Kill:Saskatoon
Physicle edge:Saskatoon

Where Brandon gets us good is offensive depth and the PP, if were gonna win this series our PP is gonna have to step up like it hasn't all year long that is gonna be a huge differense maker

I say Blades split the first 2 at home then win 1 out of 3 in Brandon come back for game 6 we win then Back to Brandon for game 7 where i think the Wheaties will win

Only thing I disagree is the PK is likely even, the last half the season our PK was way better, last 27 games we have been around 84%, add in all the shorthanded goals and I'd call it even.

Boltz9
04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
And I'd give the coaching edge to Saskatoon, other than the games that Molleken misses.

lordstanley
04-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Only thing I disagree is the PK is likely even, the last half the season our PK was way better, last 27 games we have been around 84%, add in all the shorthanded goals and I'd call it even.

Thats fair i agree after upon further review

dagley
04-01-2010, 05:42 PM
DeSerres has been great too, the goaltending is going to be a huge part of this series.

reims
04-01-2010, 05:48 PM
DeSerres has been great too, the goaltending is going to be a huge part of this a series.

ya should be a great goaltending battle...lotsa scoring chances thats a given!

reims
04-02-2010, 11:57 PM
by the way white out tonight was a joke

BladesFan_2010
04-03-2010, 05:13 PM
A bigger joke was those stupid rally towels. Last year they put a logo on them, this year they are just white with green trim. Where the hell is the green trim fitting in on all of this? And yes, the fans in Saskatoon aren't that smart. Most don't listen to the media and know it's supposed to be a white out.

If the Blades don't win tonight, then Brandon will take the series in 4 or 5. A Blades win, and with Lorne back on the bench for game 3, well, the Blades may take it in 6 or 7.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Yeah the White-out did not work well and it probably never will!!

The Blades are in tough I think Brandon has this series in the bag.

dagley
04-03-2010, 10:48 PM
See you guys in Brandon Friday night!

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-03-2010, 10:53 PM
See you guys in Brandon Friday night!

There may not even be a bus trip or i may back out of it because wanted to see two games and not just one game and see them get swept.

I will find out after Tuesday's game.

Brandon has the talent to do great things this year.

dagley
04-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Game 3 is Wednesday

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Oh yeah...My bad I am not in a very good mood right now. Just win the series ASAP..... If you want to meet me and talk with me please be respectful because the Blades may be down 3-0. That is IF their is a fan bus going for just one game. It would be nice to meet more hockey fans.

dagley
04-03-2010, 11:39 PM
Of course, just expect a bit of genuine ribbing

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Of course, just expect a bit of genuine ribbing

Yep and that is ok I do not know if I want to take that hidious looking blue hat since the Blades could be down 3-0. I may just wear a WHLfans hat that I have.

lordstanley
04-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Saw few drunken wheatie fans saying suck it Blades on the way out of the building had i had more to drink i might have done something about it i doubt that woulda went over to good in a place like P.A or moose jaw where hockey is everything there

reims
04-03-2010, 11:50 PM
just goes to show there are idiots where ever you go...lol

dagley
04-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Well, seeing how your fans littered the ice in the third, constantly...idiots go both ways.

lordstanley
04-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Well, seeing how your fans littered the ice in the third, constantly...idiots go both ways.

Yes but seeing how we lost and were obviosly upset with the outcome chanting stuff like that coulda resulted into a frenzy had it been me in Brandon and we won both games i woulda just walked out peacefuly

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-04-2010, 12:00 AM

Very true,but when you have questionable officaiting or just dumb plays by the Blades that is what might happen and it did tonight.

Boltz9
04-04-2010, 12:24 AM
That's why me and my friends let off the horn in the last 5 minutes when all of this stuff started to happen. Keep the fans mad at the refs, not you.

lordstanley
04-04-2010, 12:26 AM
That's why me and my friends let off the horn in the last 5 minutes when all of this stuff started to happen. Keep the fans mad at the refs, not you.

For every dumb oposition fan there is 50 good ones like yourself im sure to bad we never got a chance to meet i woulda bought you a brew

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-04-2010, 12:40 AM
I was fortunate enough to meet Boltz and his other friend. Creative usernames though. Haha mine sucks. I really want to see two games in Brandon and hopefully meet some more fans from whlfans.

reims
04-04-2010, 08:37 AM

yes it does...i wasnt trying to say all brandon fans are idiots...all im saying is that every team has them, in every building!

sbtatter
04-04-2010, 09:05 AM
just goes to show there are idiots where ever you go...lol

Yup, and too much booze makes idiots out of most people.....

sbtatter
04-04-2010, 09:06 AM

That is a good strategy!!!!

dagley
04-04-2010, 09:36 AM
That is a good strategy!!!!

So, it was probably good I wasn't there Boltz, lol.

lordstanley
04-04-2010, 10:57 AM
http://communities.canada.com/globaltv/blogs/kevinjesus/default.aspx

This is a good read about last nights game and reffing

BSB
04-04-2010, 12:25 PM
http://communities.canada.com/globaltv/blogs/kevinjesus/default.aspx

This is a good read about last nights game and reffing

Is that guy for real? He sounds like as bad of a media homer as Les' color man.

He spent a lot of time researching the rule book on the non called penalty shot and sadly missed a couple important points. He says he went over the video tonnes of time and even slowed it down and cannot understand how a penalty shot was not called. Well Mr. Genius, the refs don't have the opportunity to go over the replays like you did. It's a split second reaction to a fast paced game. In addition, I saw the replay a couple times myself and I'm not sure it qualified for a penalty shot anyways. Melnychuk made a great defensive play to knock the puck away and never actually tripped Hulak until the puck was already off Hulak's stick and behind the net.

Digi
04-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Yup, and too much booze makes idiots out of most people.....

yes it does...i wasnt trying to say all brandon fans are idiots...all im saying is that every team has them, in every building!

So very true. We have quite a few in our own building.

Goblades26
04-05-2010, 09:35 PM
The drunken fans yelling Suck it were actually from Saskatoon and cheerng the Blades at the start... if they are the ones I was sitting near at the end. Pretty sad.

Jets4Life
04-05-2010, 11:47 PM
If only Winnipeg had a WHL team. The whiteout has worked for almost any time that has advertised it. Even when we hosted the World Juniors, a radio station urged people to wear white for the Medal round, and nearly 15,000 people embraced it. Even last season, our minor league AHL Moose were playing in front of 15,000 white-clad fans.

If Winnipeg landed a WHL team, the playoff games would look like a white blizzard.

lordstanley
04-06-2010, 09:40 AM
You can look at another reason why were losing how about our captain Hulak he has 0 goals in his last 11 games going back to the reg season and Nicholls as well hasn't not scored a goal in these playoffs top line production has not been there and if it doesn't show up quickly well start planning your vacations.

lordstanley
04-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Might be time for the lines to be shakin up a bit this is would i would go with tonight

Hulak Viedensky Gogol
Wintoneak Patterson Inglis
Nicholls Toomey Dziurzynski
Boyer Sutter Acolatse

Elliott Siemens
Klassen Niemi
Zahn Thrower

Thats a drastic change but i think some of the guys were starting to feel to comfertable time to loosin things up a bit