PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

moose
04-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey all, been following this board for quite some time now and decided to join the day of the uproar over Stone and Teubert. Would you believe that it took until today to finally get my user name registered?! Unbelievable..

Anyway, Been a season ticket holder for many years now and have followed the Wheaties pretty closely for about the past 13 years or so.. Raised in Dauphin so spent lots of time watching the Kings play. Worked in the rink there for a couple of years too in the early 90s. Good place to watch hockey, always lively fans!

Go Wheaties Go!!! :groovy:

dagley
04-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Welcome, good stuff...cant have enough Wheaties fans!

moose
04-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Thank you.. :cool:

Boltz9
04-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Thank you.. :cool:

Welcome. As a joining gift I will make you a signature like the one every Wheaties fan has if you want lol. If so just pick a player.

moose
04-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Welcome. As a joining gift I will make you a signature like the one every Wheaties fan has if you want lol. If so just pick a player.

Excellent! I'll take Calvert... :eek: Thanks Boltz!!

dagley
04-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Make sure you get him an avatar too :P

moose
04-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Nah I'll get my own avatar and I only said Calvert cause Boltz already has that.. And cause I watched him play when he was younger. He used to play with my buddy's kid with the midgets when they won the championship.

How about a Lewy Sig? Anybody have one of him already?

Boltz9
04-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Excellent! I'll take Calvert... :eek: Thanks Boltz!!

Noooo... It can't be a player that's already taken, we need to diversify. I think the ones that people already have are... Calvert, Schenn, Bestland, Ferland, Stone, Rajala. Think that's it.

Digi
04-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Get a Hale signature!!! Everyone seems to hate on Hale in here, someone needs to show that guy some love. GO HALE!!!!!! Woooooo!

dagley
04-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Get a Hale signature!!! Everyone seems to hate on Hale in here, someone needs to show that guy some love. GO HALE!!!!!! Woooooo!

Get off his nuts, especially at work.

moose
04-01-2010, 06:06 PM

Umm, NO! I wouldn't want a sig of a guy sitting in the penalty box with a bleeding nose.. Boogaard'd

moose
04-01-2010, 06:08 PM
A Lewy sig when he had the 'stach would be wicked if possible Boltz.. :bounce:

dagley
04-01-2010, 06:10 PM
OMG, DIGI...MUSTACHE IS BACK! LOL

Boltz9
04-01-2010, 06:14 PM

Doable, I'll just have to find a picture. If you find one let me know.

dagley
04-01-2010, 06:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKRak5XJSnA

Good sig right there, lmao

moose
Alright, not sure where to look for one but I'll try.

Digi
O snap, Lewy used to have a moustache??? What the deuce, how come I was never informed of this?!?!?! He should have started one for the playoffs and him and Dowling could have had a "Moustache Duel"!

dagley
04-01-2010, 06:17 PM
O snap, Lewy used to have a moustache??? What the deuce, how come I was never informed of this?!?!?! He should have started one for the playoffs and him and Dowling could have had a "Moustache Duel"!

We should get tape on stashes. That be the ****.

Digi
04-01-2010, 06:18 PM
That is by far my favorite fight of the whole year. I love that as soon as the refs break it up Lewy just starts talking **** to him.

moose
04-01-2010, 06:28 PM

Didn't you ever see him with it? He had a goatee for a while last year too.. :eek:

moose
04-01-2010, 06:30 PM
We should get tape on stashes. That be the ****.

Can't grow one??

Digi
04-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Unfortunately I did not, as I am what Boltz likes to call a Bandwagoner, or something along those lines. I only went to one game last year:(.

However, unlike most of the people who just bought season tickets this year, o they could guarantee their Mem Cup tix, I will be getting ssn tix next year, and the next, etc.

moose
04-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Unfortunately I did not, as I am what Boltz likes to call a Bandwagoner, or something along those lines. I only went to one game last year:(.

However, unlike most of the people who just bought season tickets this year, o they could guarantee their Mem Cup tix, I will be getting ssn tix next year, and the next, etc.

How many did you go to this season? It can get expensive but its worth it. Myself, my wife and 2 boys go every game. Missed 3 games this year actually. By the time a guy bought season tix, playoff tix and Mem Cup tix for the whole clan it got pretty expensive but its an awesome way for the family to get out and do stuff together and kill the winter.

Besides, the price IS very reasonable and if you say it fast it doesn't sound like that much cash.. :D

dagley
04-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Haven't missed a game in eight + seasons, including playoffs...wonder what my consecutive streak is. Attended 37 regular season games (final Pats home game) and watched the entire first round live. Digi can't deny I had some influence on him getting season tickets.

Digi
04-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I managed to make it to 33 games this year, as well as the first two games of the playoffs(and whatever other home playoff dates we have, I'll be at those too).

Luckily, I only have to get tickets for myself, so it wasn't to bad moneywise. I can see where if you were bringing your family it could get a little costly, but like you said, it is honestly a reasonable price. I have absolutely no idea what other citites in the CHL charge for their season, flex, or even individual tickets, but I know that I'm glad that I live in Brandon and can go to a regular season game for 9 bucks! Beauty!

dagley
04-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Other teams arent too bad, in the $500 range...some are outrageous, such as Everett. Big market teams, like Vancouver/Calgary are in the $600 range. But, we are lucky in this city....$325 dollars, to see a quality team year in, year out...and see the players we have saw come through this city is remarkable. Shame our city can't fill a 6,000 seat arena (with standing room)

moose
04-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Shame our city can't fill a 6,000 seat arena (with standing room)

That has always puzzled me too.. You don't have to go too far from here to find die hard fans, the rink in Dauphin is always full and LOUD! That town of 8000 people puts 1800 - 2000 fans in the rink now and they are 3 times louder than Wheat Kings fans.. I took my dad to a Wheaties game last year and he wanted to know who died that everyone was so quiet..:o

dagley
04-01-2010, 07:57 PM
As I tell my buddy at work, it's a privilege to be able to say "Yeah, I saw Schenn when he played junior when he was 16"...still remember some guys I saw play junior when I was younger. Shea Weber, Dion Phaneuf, Ian White, Pavel Brendl, Eric Fehr, Nigel Dawes, Joffrey Lupul, Ryan Getzlaf, Andrew Ladd, Brandon Dubinsky, Mike Green, Dustin Boyd, Martin Hanzel, Jay Bouwmeester...isn't even the best players ive saw play...just guys that come to mind. Some are NHL players, some are not...but the sheer impact they had on junior hockey was amazing. I've seen some great things in 8+ seasons of season tickets...WHL finals vs Kelowna (We got swept, but hey...still), Conference Finals...and still the best game I've ever been too was Game 7 vs. Calgary in 2004...that building was jammed, loud and fans had fun. Still amazing to think how great that team was we had (Stone, Fehr, Konsorada, Monych, Later...the fab five we called them), mimic the team we have this season (except this years team is better...just have to see if they can prove it). I would love nothing more than to win the WHL this season, the Memorial Cup and say this is the best team we have ever put together in Brandon. We have been spoiled here...and the prospects look just as promising...Liston, Fransoo, Swyrpia, Roy.

moose
04-01-2010, 08:05 PM
That Game 7 vs Calgary in 04 was a classic! Best atmosphere ever at a Wheaties game, great game, great teams!

dagley
04-01-2010, 08:07 PM
You were at that game? By far the best atmosphere I have ever experienced at a hockey game, bar none.

Allin44
04-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Are we all going to meet up at the Mem Cup for some beers or what?

dagley
04-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Of course, pregame at the Keg or Boston Pizza or something.

moose
04-01-2010, 08:22 PM
You were at that game? By far the best atmosphere I have ever experienced at a hockey game, bar none.

Yep sure was! Intense game, intense series even though the first game was a complete embarassment.. 10 - 0 for Cowgary. The rest of the series was intense, Stone and Later played HUGE!

Allin44
04-01-2010, 08:23 PM

Concur

Allin44
04-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Of course, pregame at the Keg or Boston Pizza or something.

Or the Bar they'll have at the MB Room? I can't imagine trying to get into the Keg that week

moose
04-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Wasn't that series in '05? They played the Raiders in the second round and the final game of the series was in Bdn, Rejean Beauchemin was the Raiders goalie and I sat beside his dad for that final game which was also Beauchemin's 21st birthday..

BSB
04-01-2010, 09:50 PM
I've seen some great things in 8+ seasons of season tickets...WHL finals vs Kelowna (We got swept, but hey...still), Conference Finals...and still the best game I've ever been too was Game 7 vs. Calgary in 2004...that building was jammed, loud and fans had fun. .
Calgary game 7 is my favorite as well. The building was electric. I know the Finals were forgettable due to the result, but we actually won one game. Series went 5 games in the 2-3-2 format. Nice year for Kelly getting the maximum games possible in three straight series. Can't remember what happened in the first round.

Wasn't that series in '05? They played the Raiders in the second round and the final game of the series was in Bdn, Rejean Beauchemin was the Raiders goalie and I sat beside his dad for that final game which was also Beauchemin's 21st birthday..
Probably my second favorite game. Another packed house and some noisy P.A. fans made it a fun atmosphere. Mr. Beauchemin sat in the same section as I for a few of the games in that series as well and that guy liked his beer.

WorkHorse
04-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Other teams arent too bad, in the $500 range...some are outrageous, such as Everett. Big market teams, like Vancouver/Calgary are in the $600 range. But, we are lucky in this city....$325 dollars, to see a quality team year in, year out...and see the players we have saw come through this city is remarkable. Shame our city can't fill a 6,000 seat arena (with standing room)

Edmonton has cheap seats (along the glass) for $300; For the ends its 600; on the sides 800; founders club, which is on the side with players bench and includes Oilers lounge access and parking is $1000! BRANDON is very lucky in their pricing.

Although you could buy a $300 package along the glass and move up, it's not like there's a shortage of seats up higher!

moose
04-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Nice year for Kelly getting the maximum games possible in three straight series. Can't remember what happened in the first round.

Moose Jaw in the first round. They played Moose Jaw in the last game of the reg season too or maybe it was the second last game, Tim Konsorada went down awkwardly at a faceoff with a MJ player coming down on top of him and his stick somehow wedged his arm back and seperated his shoulder. Missed the first whole series I think, came back early but was never the same player. 2 games were played in Wpg for sure, maybe 3.

Boltz9
04-02-2010, 01:30 AM

Haha just joke's man it's all good. I didn't have season tickets last year either, although I made it to most games even though I was living in The Peg. If any of my spelling is wrong... Let's just say I'm a little over the legal limit :bevvy:

Looking forward to Saskatoon tomorrow!:groovy:

How about a bet 'GBG BLEED BLUE'... If the Wheaties win game 1, then you owe me a beer during game 2, and vice versa. Like you said your wearing a big blue hat and me a Schenn jersey, we should be as easy to find as a skinny kid at fat camp.

dagley
04-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Haha just joke's man it's all good. I didn't have season tickets last year either, although I made it to most games even though I was living in The Peg. If any of my spelling is wrong... Let's just say I'm a little over the legal limit :bevvy:

Looking forward to Saskatoon tomorrow!:groovy:

How about a bet 'GBG BLEED BLUE'... If the Wheaties win game 1, then you owe me a beer during game 2, and vice versa. Like you said your wearing a big blue hat and me a Schenn jersey, we should be as easy to find as a skinny kid at fat camp.

Thats why we call him skinny :P

Digi
04-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Are we all going to meet up at the Mem Cup for some beers or what?

That sounds good, it would be cool to meet up and talk some hockey with you guys in person! I personally don't care where we meet, as long as there are cold beer around, I'm there.

Digi
04-02-2010, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE=Boltz9;150365]Haha just joke's man it's all good. I didn't have season tickets last year either, although I made it to most games even though I was living in The Peg. If any of my spelling is wrong... Let's just say I'm a little over the legal limit :bevvy:

Looking forward to Saskatoon tomorrow!:groovy:[QUOTE]

I know man, it's all good. You guys better make some noise for the boys while you are out there. I'll be listening to both games on the radio, so when they score I wanna hear you on that horn, boy!

dagley
04-02-2010, 07:02 PM
I went pretty ape **** on that horn in Regina, pretty sure you could NOT hear me, lol. Definitely need to get one of those, or Boltz needs to let me use the yellow one again

Boltz9
04-09-2010, 12:30 PM

Sorry I've been busy lately, I'll get on that signature today.

GoWheaties/67's
04-10-2010, 10:07 AM
The game seven against Prince Albert in 2004 was more electrifying I thought as the PA fans didn't want to lose their standing room place and paid for the beers so that they could stay where they were. They were sure an lively bunch.