PDA

View Full Version : G1 vs Saskatoon

dagley
04-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Game thread, hopefully anyone else watching on WHL PPV we can chat here :)

dagley
04-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Woo, FERLAND!

Wheatie Pete
04-02-2010, 09:37 PM
3rd and 4th lines looked good 1st line pretty plain 2nd line looked awful. The defense has to tighten up, most of those goals were because the d-men were leaving too many guys wide open and not boxing them out either.

reims
04-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Woo, FERLAND!

ya ferland had the game of his life tonight...he was even stirring up stuff when he wasnt putting up points...real good game to watch...eventho we lost...great hockey.:clap:

Joe Hallenback
04-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Ferland is really underrated around the League. Kid is going to explode next season and if someone does not draft him teams will be lining up to sign him. He will put up 30 goals and 40 assists next year and get 100+ Pim and fight about 10 times. Very few guys will actually go with him in his weight class because he is such a heavy puncher.

reims
04-02-2010, 11:53 PM
i agree he was very good tonight....we needed this game, and we didnt get it done...one can only wonder if the brawl insident against red deer didnt hurt us tonight...the wheaties carried the physical play most of the night...with games 3,4,5 in brandon we have our backs against the wall already!

sbtatter
04-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Ferland is really underrated around the League. Kid is going to explode next season and if someone does not draft him teams will be lining up to sign him. He will put up 30 goals and 40 assists next year and get 100+ Pim and fight about 10 times. Very few guys will actually go with him in his weight class because he is such a heavy puncher.
So true. Ferland has so much offensive potential, wait till he's in a top 6 forward role. Hard to believe the Pats turned down Ferland, Miller and Glennie for Eberle.....
He and Miller are going to make the WK's hard to play against the next 2 years.

Joe Hallenback
04-02-2010, 11:57 PM
I think it hurt you guys tonight. Your D had nothing in the tank in the third and really couldn't push a Wheaties team that was not at their best. The first and second lines were really sub par tonight.

Tomorrow night will be an interesting game. I won't count out the Blades because they work harder then any other team in the league. Getting Acolste and Siemens will be big.

Ferland really ran at Gogol a few times and I was surprised they didn't have a go.

Boltz9
04-03-2010, 12:00 AM
I was at the game, and I would disagree that it was great hockey. It was definitely exciting hockey, but really sloppy hockey. Loved the atmosphere in the building though. Best part was definitely when I caught a blades T-shirt during intermission, and then threw it back onto the ice.

reims
04-03-2010, 12:01 AM
I think it hurt you guys tonight. Your D had nothing in the tank in the third and really couldn't push a Wheaties team that was not at their best. The first and second lines were really sub par tonight.

Tomorrow night will be an interesting game. I won't count out the Blades because they work harder then any other team in the league. Getting Acolste and Siemens will be big.

Ferland really ran at Gogol a few times and I was surprised they didn't have a go.

this is just my opinion...but i think gogol might be a bit timid...his last fight against red deer he got tuned pretty good against a guy who doesnt usually fight...cant remember his name right now...but ferland is no slouch and gogol wouldnt want to pick and lose a fight in his own rink amongst 7000 fans

olwpgjet
04-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Just looking at stats , Looks like our 4th line stole it for us tonight. Walker and Ferland, wow , Ciaralli was + 4 , nice to see depth paying off for a game. We might, I think we have the best 4th line in WHL . Hopefully , the other lines can do it for next game. At least a split on the road , this is great.

WHEATMAN
04-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Just looking at stats , Looks like our 4th line stole it for us tonight. Walker and Ferland, wow , Ciaralli was + 4 , nice to see depth paying off for a game. We might, I think we have the best 4th line in WHL . Hopefully , the other lines can do it for next game. At least a split on the road , this is great.

The 4th line had a hell of a game. With Hale now being able to get back in the lineup, I wonder what Kelly will do as it will be hard to scratch any of those guys after they probably had their best game of the season last night. If Bestland is still out, Hale will probably go on D, but if Bestland is back do you scratch Hale of Walker?

dagley
04-03-2010, 11:23 AM
You keep a lineup that's winning, you put Hale in in case Bestland can't go...that's it.

BSB
04-03-2010, 11:42 AM
You keep a lineup that's winning, you put Hale in in case Bestland can't go...that's it.
I hope that's the case, but I'm not sure what you do once McNaught is done with his suspension. You can't afford to have him taking liberties on our players like he did with Schneider earlier in the year. You almost need Hale in the lineup to keep McNaught in check.

moose
04-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Why didn't Bestland play?

dagley
04-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Not sure, haven't read anything about Bestland...probably got hurt in practice or something. Hale to keep McNaught in check, perhaps...McNaught isn't back till Game 3 I believe, probably see if its 1-1 or 2-0 coming back to Brandon.

dagley
04-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Luber is also reporting Fehr could be suspended here.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-03-2010, 12:59 PM
The game last night was awesome.

I am sure tonight's game will be great as well.

I am coming to Brandon for games 4 and 5(if the series goes to 5 games...) I hope it does.

I am looking forward to next weekend for sure. I will be easy to recognize just ask Boltz 9, he spotted me right away last night.

dagley
04-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah, your picture is posted on eBrandon...Id like to meet ya at the game on Friday. It wont be hard to spot me, Ill be wearing a white Schenn jersey (same style as Boltz) and a blonde mohawk...there are only two of us.

lordstanley
04-03-2010, 01:22 PM
The 4th line had a hell of a game. With Hale now being able to get back in the lineup, I wonder what Kelly will do as it will be hard to scratch any of those guys after they probably had their best game of the season last night. If Bestland is still out, Hale will probably go on D, but if Bestland is back do you scratch Hale of Walker?

I thought Hale still has 1 more game to sit being tonight ?

Jimbo24
04-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Yup he does

dagley
04-03-2010, 01:27 PM

Yes, he's still out tonight. Wonder if Miller is able to play yet (saw he is practicing), or will Fransoo dress again tonight?

lordstanley
04-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Yes, he's still out tonight. Wonder if Miller is able to play yet (saw he is practicing), or will Fransoo dress again tonight?

I know our scratches will be Benson McNaught Hamilton and Morrison i have a feeling with Acolatse back and us a little thin up front he may very well be playing foward tonight he is very versitile im a little worried about our Goaltending right now if Stanford goes down were screwed

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-03-2010, 01:45 PM
I know our scratches will be Benson McNaught Hamilton and Morrison i have a feeling with Acolatse back and us a little thin up front he may very well be playing foward tonight he is very versitile im a little worried about our Goaltending right now if Stanford goes down were screwed

Yes that trade for Acolatse was a good one.

I hope Schenn did not injured his hand when he slammed it in celebration when he scored.

I am not sure if they will take Sutter,Bews and Dietz out of the line-up with the injury to Hamilton now.

If the suspension of Jay Fehr does happen,how will that effect Brandon's line-up?

Yes my picture is on the ebrandon website.

The link is also posted on my blog....in my signature.

Enjoy game #2 tonight everyone.

I must say that I look rather decent wearing that hat. It just needs some Blades logos on it.

XX15
04-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Thank god they called that Adam Iwan guy up. If stanfrod went down and that Canaday had to play we would have been screwed. He must have only saved 10 shots in the warmups lol. Anyone have some good information on what's goin on with Hamilton.

lordstanley
04-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Indeed Fehr did get suspended TBA for how many games though luber is saying Glennie will most likely move to the center spot and play with Rajala and Lewadniak so would that mean maybe Ferland gets bumped up with Calvert and Schenn ?

Road Warrior
04-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Indeed Fehr did get suspended TBA for how many games though luber is saying Glennie will most likely move to the center spot and play with Rajala and Lewadniak so would that mean maybe Ferland gets bumped up with Calvert and Schenn ?

Likely stone to line one with Schenn and Calvert. Glennie to line 2 with Rajala and Lewadniak. Ferland to play with Weibe and Radeke. That is how it worked in regular season anyway. If Bestland is ready to go then game 3 will probally see Schnieder sit and Hale play. Not really at liberty to say what happened to Bestland but his eye is pretty swollen and he might have a bit of concussion seen him at hospital a week ago.

Road Warrior
04-03-2010, 03:17 PM
So true. Ferland has so much offensive potential, wait till he's in a top 6 forward role. Hard to believe the Pats turned down Ferland, Miller and Glennie for Eberle.....
He and Miller are going to make the WK's hard to play against the next 2 years.

Pats were requesting Ferland, Miller and Glennie for Eberle it was never offered by Wheat Kings and was laughed at by KM.

brandonboy12
04-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Not sure, haven't read anything about Bestland...probably got hurt in practice or something. Hale to keep McNaught in check, perhaps...McNaught isn't back till Game 3 I believe, probably see if its 1-1 or 2-0 coming back to Brandon.

because the guys had a party about a week ago and hale was being an idiot and punched him. last i heard he was in winnipeg getting his eye looked at

Joe Hallenback
04-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Pats were requesting Ferland, Miller and Glennie for Eberle it was never offered by Wheat Kings and was laughed at by KM.

What I heard was it was Ferland,Miller,Swripya,Fransoo and a 1st this year and 1st next year for Teubert and Eberle. Regina wanted Glennie and then KM said **** off and nabbed Hamonic instead

Joe Hallenback
04-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Tough suspension on Fehr but he needs to let up even if Hamilton turned his back. Hopefully one game is enough

Guess the lines will be

Calvert Schenn Ferland
Lewadnuik Glennie Rajala
Wiebe Raedeke Stone
Walker Ciarelli Sinatynski

The only reason I move Ferland up is they may want to keep that third line together coupled with Ferlands outstanding play if not flip flop stone and Ferland

dagley
04-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Stone will be upfront with Schenn/Calvert...remember how great Stone was when Glennie got hurt last year.

Calvert Schenn Stone
Lewadniuk Glennie Rajala
Wiebe Raedeke Sinatynski
Walker Ciarelli Ferland

Wheatie Pete
04-03-2010, 05:31 PM
I think Ferland will be on the 3rd line, That would be a very physical line with him and Wieber. Especially with most of the goon squad coming back. The 3rd line will see a little less ice tonight.

Don't count on Bestland this series. Saw him on Wednesday and his eye is nasty. Hale is such a idiot. Thought no one could be dumber than Chris Dingman and then Hale comes along. What a loser.

dagley
04-03-2010, 05:41 PM
Hale was like "Ugh man, the only way Ill play now is if someone gets hurt"...(insert punching Bestland in the face), "D core, here I come"

dagley
04-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Hayes starting tonight :|

dagley
04-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Lines for tonight are:

Calvert-Schenn-Walker
Rajala-Glennie-Lewadniuk
Wiebe-Raedeke-Stone
Ferland-Ciarelli-Sinatynski

Road Warrior
04-03-2010, 09:50 PM
What I heard was it was Ferland,Miller,Swripya,Fransoo and a 1st this year and 1st next year for Teubert and Eberle. Regina wanted Glennie and then KM said **** off and nabbed Hamonic instead

Sounds like Regina