PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver Giants

Brandonite
04-04-2010, 08:48 PM
Through the first 2 games of the series vs Portland, the Vancouver Giants have scored a whopping 16 goals!! If Brandon ends up playing them,things could get real interesting in the goal scoring department. It has seemed to me for a while now that Brandon is really hoping to literally almost blow the other teams out of the water every night and we all know how Brandon's goaltending can get......

dagley
04-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Who cares? I'm surprised they have even scored that much, since when they came to Brandon this year they played that boring ass trap style hockey which made me practically fall asleep. We still have to make the WHL finals, so do they. Still a long road ahead. I'm more than confident in DeSerres, our defense core and our outstanding offense. Like I said, and told many of my friends....I am not scared to play any team in the league this year, we can outwork, out play, outscore anybody.

lordstanley
04-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Who's we ? seems to me your not playing for the Wheaties

dagley
04-04-2010, 09:16 PM
You know what I meant...simmer

Allin44
04-04-2010, 09:26 PM

Real fans feel part of the team :D

dagley
04-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Real fans feel part of the team :D

That 2-0 deficit must be getting to him.

lordstanley
04-04-2010, 09:46 PM
That 2-0 deficit must be getting to him.

For me Hockey isn't everything takes up alot of my time but there are way more things i value im just glad the Blades have turned the corner the past couple seasons and will be a force for a number of seasons to come

WHEATMAN
04-04-2010, 10:04 PM
For me Hockey isn't everything takes up alot of my time but there are way more things i value im just glad the Blades have turned the corner the past couple seasons and will be a force for a number of seasons to come

Considering you post every day, at all times of the day, I beg to differ. Funny how you make such a turn of face when your team goes down 2-0.

Dude, you just posted this yesterday;

Yes but seeing how we lost and were obviosly upset with the outcome chanting stuff like that coulda resulted into a frenzy had it been me in Brandon and we won both games i woulda just walked out peacefuly

You lost eh? I guess you are a member of the Blades...

Hypocritical isn't it Steven? :confused:

EOK1
04-04-2010, 10:13 PM

Sounds like giving up to me.

Brandonite
04-04-2010, 10:38 PM

haha I was just about to say the same thing when I read that, looked like I was reading a players quote

Brandonite
04-04-2010, 10:41 PM

quitter

dondo
04-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Who cares? I'm surprised they have even scored that much, since when they came to Brandon this year they played that boring ass trap style hockey which made me practically fall asleep. We still have to make the WHL finals, so do they. Still a long road ahead. I'm more than confident in DeSerres, our defense core and our outstanding offense. Like I said, and told many of my friends....I am not scared to play any team in the league this year, we can outwork, out play, outscore anybody.

Oh come on Dagley usually you say some pretty decent things but this is quite beneath you, still sore we beat you guys soundly at home with our offense? We shut you out 4-0 if you recall. We haven't played a trap game this year and rely on puck possession and heavy forecheck to get our goals, neither of which are boring.

We are familiar with Deserres as he played a few seasons in Seattle and would love the chance to try him out again, but we have to get past the Winterhawks and despite appearances this series has just begun and will be quite interesting come Wednesday. Good luck in your Mem Cup hosting year, we are hoping to be there come May.

Also head up lordstanley .. stand by your team, it ain't over 'til its over and over-confidence can make a team vulnerable, time to come back.

lordstanley
04-05-2010, 12:14 AM
For some of you fans who seem to talk alot of trash you sure can't take mine i don't care if you say we, i say it alot myself just trying to get a rise out of you all and it worked quit easilly anyways have a good day. :D

sbtatter
04-05-2010, 06:35 AM
Oh come on Dagley usually you say some pretty decent things but this is quite beneath you, still sore we beat you guys soundly at home with our offense? We shut you out 4-0 if you recall. We haven't played a trap game this year and rely on puck possession and heavy forecheck to get our goals, neither of which are boring.

We are familiar with Deserres as he played a few seasons in Seattle and would love the chance to try him out again, but we have to get past the Winterhawks and despite appearances this series has just begun and will be quite interesting come Wednesday. Good luck in your Mem Cup hosting year, we are hoping to be there come May.

Also head up lordstanley .. stand by your team, it ain't over 'til its over and over-confidence can make a team vulnerable, time to come back.

Vancouver played a solid defensive game, the main thing they did was take away the cross ice pass (you know, the thing we like to do 3 times before we shoot, trying to score the pretty goal!). We looked bemused and unable to break down that type of defence. If we make it out of the East I hope we face Tri Cities and not the giants....

west coast
04-05-2010, 06:59 PM
I have had the pleasure of seeing the Giants play this season in a few different barns,and they have been like a box of chocolates-you never know what you are going to get.I have seen them play soft,give up leads late in the game to lose.Goaltending is also suspect. I think the Giants have their hands full playing the Winterhawks.Brandon is on a roll and have really gelled as a team and are steamrolling their way through the east

Wheatie Pete
04-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Never sell Don Hay short , he is probably the best coach in the Dub. Giants remind me of a more offensive version of the Blades, not much more. They really are very good defensively.

Digi
04-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Goaltending appears to be suspect for both Vancouver and Portland, although the way things are going I expect the G-Men to prevail in that series. If Portland could ever win at home in the playoffs, it would be a different story.

If Kelowna can get past Tri-City, I think Rockets-Giant, plus a potential Hitmen-WheatKings series in both conference finals would make for some great hockey.

dondo
04-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Never sell Don Hay short , he is probably the best coach in the Dub. Giants remind me of a more offensive version of the Blades, not much more. They really are very good defensively.

In the past I would have agreed with you, but even though the team plays solid two-way hockey, our defense and goaltending are our biggest question marks. The interesting thing is that this is really new territory for this franchise which has been known for being solid defensively first and offensively second historically.

The depth on forward we have is kind of new too. The thing is that Don Hay will make average players better and his teams are built for the playoffs. Its been a very strange run so far, but pretty entertaining and after 6 games we are 6-0. I am very curious what is going to happen come Game 3.

The thing with the Winterhawks is that they are an off-the-rush team. That's where they score their goals, they are not so great at puck possession and are big but slow in their own end.

In answer to your query Digi in the Giants forum, the Winterhawks have had a few really bad seasons and had to get rid of some bad ownership/management to turn the corner. They have some very good young players who are offensively gifted and are very big, but it seems that a good forecheck and speed is currently their downfall. We had a good series about four/five years back, but other than that there's no rivalry. These teams do not like each other though and Game 3 could see some more fisticuffs.