PDA

View Full Version : blades wheat kings game 4

wango tango
04-08-2010, 11:29 AM
getting mcnaught back in the lineup adds more physical presence. the trick for saskatoon is to play a tough physical game, but staying disciplined.

brandon played the better third period in games 1 & 2, saskatoon had the better third in game 3.

deserres to start for the kings in game 4?

the schenn, calvert, walker line -12 last night. can't see that happening two games in a row.

dziurzynski isn't a sniper. he is the kind of player that is tough to play against, and is capable of chipping in some goals. great game for him in #3.

can the blades build on their game 3 momentum, or will brandon take a strangle hold on the series?

should be a great one on friday, have fun fans!

wango tango
04-09-2010, 12:14 PM
looks like both teams are getting players back for game four.

i've read bestland will be in the lineup for brandon. adding a veteran dman will help, especially with fatigue (a factor in game 3), for the kings defense.

mcnaught is back for saskatoon. it's adding in a veteran, subtracting a rookie with sutter probably out. mcnaught is also a big physical player, and if bestland is back for brandon, hitting the wheat kings especially their defense often and hard will have to happen to try and wear them down.

lordstanley
04-09-2010, 02:29 PM

i've read bestland will be in the lineup for brandon. adding a veteran dman will help, especially with fatigue (a factor in game 3), for the kings defense.

mcnaught is back for saskatoon. it's adding in a veteran, subtracting a rookie with sutter probably out. mcnaught is also a big physical player, and if bestland is back for brandon, hitting the wheat kings especially their defense often and hard will have to happen to try and wear them down.

Wonder what the lines will be with McNaught back my guess is either Sutter or Thrower sits

Hulak Viedensky Nicholls
Wintoneak Patterson Dziurzynski
McNaught Toomey Acolatse
Boyer Inglis Gogol

Elliott Klassen
Zahn Niemi
Siemens Thrower

moose
04-09-2010, 02:53 PM

I don't expect it to happen again but it was very entertaining a few games back in the regular season when Bestland hit McNaught open ice and put him straight on his backside! Haha! :cool:

Of course Schneider got to wear a huge McNaught shiner for a while after that game too.. :clown:

patsdude114
04-10-2010, 12:21 AM
congrats blades on tieing the series up... i hope the Blades can keep it going as i think u guys play a more all around game then the WKs do, just the Blades lack a pure sniper which WKs have alot of.

Good Luck Blades in the final 3 games

gervais25
04-10-2010, 01:57 AM
game 4 the boys in blue proved they are an even strength power house. in period 2 ans 3 we played a strong on the puck physical game, if the blades play this way in game 5 and 6, brandon will not touch them. brandon is a smooth finess team; that cant absorb the physical game of the blades. what a series, my hat is off to the officials in game 4, let the boys play, the fans got a great game, also, what fans in brandon, some of the best in the league. being from saskatioon and a long time blue fan, i love to see the energy that the brandon fans put into the game . come on saskatoon lets pack cuc on monday night

Allin44
04-10-2010, 01:50 PM
game 4 the boys in blue proved they are an even strength power house. in period 2 ans 3 we played a strong on the puck physical game, if the blades play this way in game 5 and 6, brandon will not touch them. brandon is a smooth finess team; that cant absorb the physical game of the blades. what a series, my hat is off to the officials in game 4, let the boys play, the fans got a great game, also, what fans in brandon, some of the best in the league. being from saskatioon and a long time blue fan, i love to see the energy that the brandon fans put into the game . come on saskatoon lets pack cuc on monday night

1. Brandon dominated the 2nd period, just couldn't be Stanford.
2. You won't hit them into submission
3. Should be a hell of a game tonight. At some point some of those cross-bars and bounces are going to start dropping for Brandon