PDA

View Full Version : My Rant About Satellite V.S Cable Television

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-08-2005, 04:45 PM
They both have there pros and cons, for example Shaw carries WHL games and Bell Express Vu does not carry WHL games that I know of( but hopefully they will soon, because a person can only afford so to spend so much money on T.V systems. I myself have Bell Express Vu and I was excited when I first got it because now I have more channels than compaired to before when I had just 3 channels and 1 french channel. When I found out that only shaw carried WHL games and some Saskatoon Blades games I was mad because if I want to watch WHL and NHL hockey. I was also excited because then I could watch the sports I follow like hockey(both WHlL and NHL whenever it returns) I see people's houses around my neibourhood with Two Dishes on their roof and I would think that If they are a diehard hockey fan like me, then that is why they would have two dishes Shaw and Bell Express Vu satellite so they can watch both WHL and NHL hockey. I was happy even with my team being kicked out of the playoffs in the first round because I said to myself "oh well at least I can still watch the rest of the WHL Playoffs and the memorial cup" but I guess I will have to order the second sports combo to our list of chammels that I aready have. I talked to my uncle who installed the system and he said that I would have to wait until next season and then I would have order a certain channel on ITV but maybe he misunderstood me and thought I said NHL but I already have the NHL Network. If he is wrong I guess there is nothing that I can do. So I really hope that he is correct.

ointhecreek
05-08-2005, 05:45 PM
I could be wrong, and I am a few times :p but I believe the memorial cup will be on sportsnet or tsn. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-08-2005, 06:03 PM
I do believe that the memorial Cup will be broadcast Nationally on Rogers Sportsnet. Both Rogers Sportsnet and TSN are on the sports combo that I did not order I have the other Combo which has Leafs TV, the NHL Network, Fox Sports World Canada and Raptors TV. I hope to either get it Swiched or Buy the other sports combo.

The_Vulk
05-09-2005, 12:44 PM
...the memorial cup will be on sportsnet...
Yes it will be!

YAY!

It is just too bad they did not carry any of the play-off games from any of the leagues (but for Shaw's regional coverage on its cable network ONLY).

Chipper
05-09-2005, 01:24 PM
They both have there pros and cons, for example Shaw carries WHL games and Bell Express Vu does not carry WHL games that I know of( but hopefully they will soon, because a person can only afford so to spend so much money on T.V systems. I myself have Bell Express Vu and I was excited when I first got it because now I have more channels than compaired to before when I had just 3 channels and 1 french channel. When I found out that only shaw carried WHL games and some Saskatoon Blades games I was mad because if I want to watch WHL and NHL hockey. I was also excited because then I could watch the sports I follow like hockey(both WHlL and NHL whenever it returns) I see people's houses around my neibourhood with Two Dishes on their roof and I would think that If they are a diehard hockey fan like me, then that is why they would have two dishes Shaw and Bell Express Vu satellite so they can watch both WHL and NHL hockey. I was happy even with my team being kicked out of the playoffs in the first round because I said to myself "oh well at least I can still watch the rest of the WHL Playoffs and the memorial cup" but I guess I will have to order the second sports combo to our list of chammels that I aready have. I talked to my uncle who installed the system and he said that I would have to wait until next season and then I would have order a certain channel on ITV but maybe he misunderstood me and thought I said NHL but I already have the NHL Network. If he is wrong I guess there is nothing that I can do. So I really hope that he is correct. Why can't you just phone up express view and change your package you are not tied to any permanent package? you should be able to just switch any time you want. I do it all the time, order tsn and sports net for just one month.

ihlemic10
05-09-2005, 01:29 PM
I would kill to have the choice between those 2 satelite providers here. We have no hockey at all, the worlds have been limited to tape delay of team USA at funny times at night. Its terrible.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Why can't you just phone up express view and change your package you are not tied to any permanent package? you should be able to just switch any time you want. I do it all the time, order tsn and sports net for just one month.

Well Chipper when I came home from work placement and I turned on the satellite and looked at the guide on bell Express Vu and their was they were both of the sports combo's (TSN, TSN-S sportsnet1,2,3,4 must be the east west, Pacific timezones or something like that because that is what is says on the Bottom of the screen or the different networks) the score, Fan 590 basically all of the sports channels that Bell offers they are all on there. I guess all that bugging and nagging really paid off. I agreed to pay half of the amount of what bill is and I paid for a 2nd reciever so I can watch all of the Sports and even the few WHL games that Sportsnet carries when next season starts. :thumb: :bounce: so I guess there is really no need for this thread anymore. Except the fact that Shaw has a contract or deal With the WHL and Bell has other channel networks that carry a select ammount of WHL games, I think Bell should come up with a plan for Sportsnet and maybe even TSN and some other sports channels show more WHL games.

Jovorock
05-10-2005, 04:39 PM
We have no hockey at all, the worlds have been limited to tape delay of team USA at funny times at night. Its terrible.
We are spoiled here, we have the NHL network which shows current US college games, AHL,ECHL hockey. Classic ESPN which shows old hockey games from one year to ten plus years old. Sports Net, TSN, CBC all show hockey.

When the NHL is on there is a hockey game on everynight of the week. TSN is showing live and replays World Championships for Canada. They are also showing most of the other games in that tournment. TSN also showed the Under 18 championship that finished a couple weeks ago.

Right now there is a baseball game on every night also, so lots to watch. Life isn't too bad above the boarder for a couch potatoe.