PDA

View Full Version : Saskatoon Fans????

Jaybird
04-13-2010, 01:06 AM
First THANK YOU Blades for a great season and thank you Brandon for a great series. I am proud of what the Blades accomplished this year.

Monday night's game had a reasonably good crowd, but not as many as 7'th game last year against Lethbridge which quite frankly is unacceptabe. Come on Sasktatoon, you should be ashamed!! We may have come close in this series but Brandon beats us hands down for fan support. Kudos go out to the Blade's fans behind the Brandon Bench last night, air horns and all (LOL) but for the most part the fans sucked!! People didn't even stick around to salute the players at the end of the game. Makes me wonder if they just came out to get a 50/50 ticket. I imagine that a slight .oooo1% of the Saskatoon population could name a player from the Blade's roster. As a matter of fact I bet more people in Brandon are familiar with the names of the Blades players.

Thoughts anyone?

P.S. By the way "Boltz" from Brandon....missed you last night! Good luck in the next round!

Boltz9
04-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Missed me eh? I'm flattered.

I personally loved how the Blades fans were behind the Wheaties bench, way to show some spirit. Saw one guy had a sign that said "Kelly has a mullet" which I thought was pretty funny.

dagley
04-13-2010, 08:36 AM
I always miss Boltz, ALWAYS! Hehe, the horns behind the Brandon bench were awesome! All I heard on the radio at work, were those horns! Thats awesome.

wango tango
04-13-2010, 11:56 AM
First THANK YOU Blades for a great season and thank you Brandon for a great series. I am proud of what the Blades accomplished this year.

Monday night's game had a reasonably good crowd, but not as many as 7'th game last year against Lethbridge which quite frankly is unacceptabe. Come on Sasktatoon, you should be ashamed!! We may have come close in this series but Brandon beats us hands down for fan support. Kudos go out to the Blade's fans behind the Brandon Bench last night, air horns and all (LOL) but for the most part the fans sucked!! People didn't even stick around to salute the players at the end of the game. Makes me wonder if they just came out to get a 50/50 ticket. I imagine that a slight .oooo1% of the Saskatoon population could name a player from the Blade's roster. As a matter of fact I bet more people in Brandon are familiar with the names of the Blades players.

Thoughts anyone?

P.S. By the way "Boltz" from Brandon....missed you last night! Good luck in the next round!

the blades team has come a long way in a few years. and i give credit to lorne molleken for that. next year will be a down year for the team where they will not be at the very top of the standings, but in years past a down year meant out of the playoffs and terrible. next season will not be as dominant, but i'd still expect a top eight finish and playoff spot. that's a huge improvement.

i thought the crowd was pretty good considering it was a school night, and a lot of families who'd come out on a friday or saturday, won't on a weeknight.

thought the group behind brandon's bench was good too.

as far as fan support i thought it was ok. too many fans sitting on their hands. i hear how this is such a good hockey city, i don't see it. saskatoon is not a good sports city. all these special sports events are brought in, how about that sports tourism group works on improving the level of support for sports already here in saskatoon? we've got a solid whl team the last couple of years here, the huskies can't draw flies, and the hilltops maybe get a couple hundred out to a game.

i don't blame people for trying to sneak out early when it takes the arena people almost 45 minutes to get you out of the parking lot! i've been to nfl games with almost 100,000 people and you're out in 15 minutes.

should saskatoon support the blades more? yeah they should. before molleken came back this city suffered through more than 10 years of mediocre or dreadful teams. it will take a long time to rebuild fan support because there's over a decade of lost fans to make up for.

proud of the team and how hard they battled.