PDA

View Full Version : Hitmen vs Wheaties Round 3

Hitmen1
04-13-2010, 12:22 PM
2 best teams in the league in my opinion. Who wins and in how many?

Schedule:

Brandon @ Calgary Friday, April 16 7:00
Brandon @ Calgary Saturday, April 17 7:00
Calgary @ Brandon Tuesday, April 20 7:00
Calgary @ Brandon Wednesday, April 21 7:00
Brandon @ Calgary Friday, April 23 7:00
Calgary @ Brandon Sunday, April 25 6:00
Brandon @ Calgary Tuesday, April 27 7:00

Boltz9
04-13-2010, 12:27 PM
I think Shaw is waiting to announce what series will be on tv. If Vancouver wins then I see that series being the one, but if not then I think they should and will show this one.

hitmanfan
04-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Shaw is covering Calgary / Brandon.

Hitmen1
04-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Shaw is covering Calgary / Brandon.

Indeed they are.

http://www.whl.ca/2010-husky-whl-eastern-conference-championship-live-on-shaw-p142063

Boltz9
04-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Wow I'm surprised, good choice by them though.

http://whl.ca/2010-husky-whl-eastern-conference-championship-live-on-shaw-p142063

Joe Hallenback
04-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Great and I don't have shaw :(

I picked Brandon in 6. If Calgary plays a shutdown game they may be able to squeak it out but I think they end up opening up against Brandon and I don't think they got the offensive depth to compete.

Jimbo24
04-13-2010, 06:40 PM
IMO if calgary is gonna win this series they have to win the first 2 games at home.

Allin44
04-13-2010, 07:49 PM
probably a pain in the ass for Shaw to broadcast from a US location?

I called Brandon in 6

sbtatter
04-13-2010, 10:09 PM
We win if Bestland or Miller are able to play, if not, we could be in trouble, unless Hale can play defence for the series....

Hitmen1
04-16-2010, 09:40 PM
A brutal power play in the 2nd lead to a Hamonic breakaway goal as he came out the box along with a couple of De Serres saves in the third were the difference. It is really going to come down to which team finishes off their chances. One bad goal again by Marty. That cannot continue. I sure like how the Wheaties always look for the late man jumping into the rush.

patsdude114
04-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Jones has always & will always continue to let in the one bad goal to sink his team. Normally though that 1 bad goal doesnt matter to the Hitmen cuz they r a powerhouse to 95% of the league. This can not continue if the Hitmen want any chance in this series, Brandon's offense is just too strong.

I hae been very surprised by Brandon's goaltending thus far into the playoffs. It was there weak point on this team but De Serres is playing very well at the right time of the year. As much as i hate the WKs i do like more then a handful of there players so as hard as this is to say go WKs go

Allin44
04-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Jones has always & will always continue to let in the one bad goal to sink his team. Normally though that 1 bad goal doesnt matter to the Hitmen cuz they r a powerhouse to 95% of the league. This can not continue if the Hitmen want any chance in this series, Brandon's offense is just too strong.

I hae been very surprised by Brandon's goaltending thus far into the playoffs. It was there weak point on this team but De Serres is playing very well at the right time of the year. As much as i hate the WKs i do like more then a handful of there players so as hard as this is to say go WKs go

Always room for one more on the wagon :D

Hitmen1
04-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Well the Hitmen come away with a 3-2 OT win. Very strange game. It was like 3 different games all within 1. The first period was all Hitmen, they didn't dominate in shots but they sure controlled the play. The second period was exact opposite. The Wheaties took control of the game. The third period was a fairly even period with both teams getting a couple of chances. In OT, the Wheaties took those 2 penalties and the Hitmen were finally able to capitalize on a goal mouth scramble. On the penalties, the second one was obviously a high sticking penalty but the first one is debatable imo. That kind of hit should be called every single time but it isn't called every time which must be frustrating for the players and coaches etc.

sbtatter
04-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Well the Hitmen come away with a 3-2 OT win. Very strange game. It was like 3 different games all within 1. The first period was all Hitmen, they didn't dominate in shots but they sure controlled the play. The second period was exact opposite. The Wheaties took control of the game. The third period was a fairly even period with both teams getting a couple of chances. In OT, the Wheaties took those 2 penalties and the Hitmen were finally able to capitalize on a goal mouth scramble. On the penalties, the second one was obviously a high sticking penalty but the first one is debatable imo. That kind of hit should be called every single time but it isn't called every time which must be frustrating for the players and coaches etc.

Good recap. The hitting will get better as we get bestland and Miller back

Boltz9
04-18-2010, 12:18 AM

Just watched the high sticking call on the dvr after the game and it was a garbage call. He clearly hit him on the hand and Schultz acted like it hit him in the face. Even the stupid guys on Shaw said he never hit him.

RunTheGoalie
04-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Last I checked, slashing was a penalty too. That was a reckless and dangerous chop by Urbom, and with a referee like Herman there, stupidity like that is begging for a call.

However, fair enough. Lets remove that penalty, and remove the ridiculous hooking call against McKenzie that led to your second goal, and call it a 2-1 Hitmen win in regulation.

sbtatter
04-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Last I checked, slashing was a penalty too. That was a reckless and dangerous chop by Urbom, and with a referee like Herman there, stupidity like that is begging for a call.

However, fair enough. Lets remove that penalty, and remove the ridiculous hooking call against McKenzie that led to your second goal, and call it a 2-1 Hitmen win in regulation.
We just want consistency, call schultz's late hit on Melnychuk, the trip behind the net that sent Glennie into the boards. But we lost the game ourselves by not hitting the net on all those glorious opportunities in the 3rd.....not going to blame the loss on the refs.....But I'm feeling good about this series as long as we get Miller and Bestland back into games, Calgary don't look as solid as last year.

Wheatie Pete
04-18-2010, 09:34 PM
don't bet on Bestland coming back this series or the season

dagley
04-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks Hale.

Boltz9
04-18-2010, 10:56 PM

What happened to him after he came back for those two games last series?

Boltz9
04-18-2010, 11:01 PM

Pretty sure slashing wasn't the call, and it would have been a weak call as well because he stopped the follow through just as he touched his hand. I just find it rather amusing that Schultz tried to play it off like he got hit in the face, even on the post game show he continued to lie. But I guess we should expect that from a player like him.

Had a good time in Cowtown though, the atmosphere in the building was awesome.

sbtatter
04-19-2010, 05:33 AM

Really? How did he manage to play those 2 games against the Blades? He was great in those games, we really miss him.

MVNWriter23
04-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Good to see Foucault playing well in this series thus far as well. C'mon Hitmen give him some Memorial Cup experience! :D

Hitmen1
04-21-2010, 08:42 PM
I was only able to watch the 3rd period last night as I was in the hospital with my wife but the samething happened again tonight. These 2 teams are taking turns dominating one period in each game. I never know what to expect in the games as they (both teams) play great for a stretch and then play crappy for a stretch.

lordstanley
04-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Congrats Hitmen no wheatking fans have class to give you props but i will good luck next round !!!!

WHEATMAN
04-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Congrats Hitmen no wheatking fans have class to give you props but i will good luck next round !!!!

Dude, the game just ended. You're the village idiot of this site, go embarrass yourself on the Blades forum.

With that being said...

Well done Hitmen, they outplayed the Wheaties several times over since game three.

Congrats

Allin44
04-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Yeeeep. Good luck against TC, hopefully see the Hitmen at the Memorial Cup in 3 weeks!

Hitmen1
04-23-2010, 10:48 PM
It was an even series, the Wheaties were arguably the better team through the first 3 games and in stretches of game 4. The big difference to me was Martin Jones. Before the series Jones was the edge that the Hitmen were suppose to have and after game 1, he was the best player in the series.

Congrats to the Wheaties on a great season, hope to see you in 3 weeks.

dagley
04-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Congrats to the Hitmen, really getting sick of losing in the playoffs to you guys. Best of luck in the Finals, being from Calgary...Ill find it hard not to cheer for you guys.

sbtatter
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Props to the Hitmen for their performance, good luck in the finals

Jimbo24
04-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Congrats boys hope to see ya in 3 weeks