from Junior Hockey Junkies forum:

One of the bloggers (Mike Caccioppoli) gave his own analysis on the series:

Offense: edge Brandon
Defense: edge Calgary
Goaltending: edge Brandon
Special Teams: edge Calgary
Coaching: edge Brandon

Prediction: Brandon in 6

Granted he's a Seattle fan so we can laugh at him for that, but we hope that Jonsey circles that goaltending comparison and turns that anger into outdueling DeSerres and/or Hayes!

REGULAR SEASON:
Jones 48 GP, 36-11-0-1, 2.21 GAA, .919 sv%, 8 SO

DeSerres 35 GP, 25-8-1-1, 2.91 GAA, .899 sv%, 2 SO
Hayes 42 GP, 25-12-0-2, 2,68 GAA, .906 sv%, 5 SO

PLAYOFFS:
Jones 13 GP, 8-5, 2.69 GAA, .897 sv%, 1 SO

DeSerres 8 GP, 7-1, 2.79 GAA, .909 sv%, 0 SO
Hayes 2 GP, 1-1, 3.03 GAA, .898 sv%, 0 SO

If there's a weak link in Brandon, it's those two between the pipes - here's hoping our guys put a few dozen goals behind those two bums while Jones shuts down the big guns![/I]
FUEL FOR THE FIRE!

You might have just provided Brandon with something for their locker room!

League Play head to head stats:

Snider:
October GAA 2.77, Save %.909

Jones:
November GAA 5.0, Save %.878
January GAA 5.11, Save %.808
February GAA 4.12, Save %.852

DeSerres:
January GAA 3.0, Save %.897
February GAA 2.0, Save% .929

Hayes:
October GAA 2.77, Save% .903
November GAA 2.0, Save% .933

Now playoffs is a whole different animal, but "those bums" shut down their big guns pretty effectively in league play. And Jones was less than great against Brandon's offense.

GO WHEATIES!!

patsdude114
04-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Jones is a bum anyways, so over rated, i am sure Brandon will lite up Jones at least twice in this series.

armypower
04-16-2010, 02:40 PM
I get a kick out of everyone saying Jones is overated,obviously you
haven't seen him play much this year

Chipchura_Fan
04-16-2010, 09:37 PM

I remember one night in PA... I think he got pulled :rolleyes: and that was in PA.. just sayin`

sbtatter
04-16-2010, 09:46 PM

Well, Jones was kind enough to gift us 2 softies tonight!!

armypower
04-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Yes,he got outplayed badly by DeSerres tonight,was real impressed by the Wheat King squad..
The biggest problem with Jones this year has been giving up the soft one...Brandon will be an excellent
representative at the Memorial cup whether they win the WHL or not

dagley
04-16-2010, 09:58 PM
DeSerres was remarkable, hopefully everybody stops criticizing out goaltending. He's been fantastic these entire playoffs, minus his one little blunder against Saskatoon...but still came up remarkable in the third. Brandon played a really good road game, we dictated the pace for much of the game I thought. Hamonic and Robak is such a scary pairing...those two log so many minutes.

It's nice to finally see the baby blues clicking again, they were pretty much non-existent against Saskatoon until Game 6 and it looks like they got some confidence. Glennie has been much more noticeable these past few games than he has all playoffs. Hopefully they can keep rolling and steal another one in Calgary and bring back to town 2-0, and our road fortunes will turn to home fortunes and not pull a Saskatoon blunder.

Keep it rolling boys!

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-16-2010, 10:06 PM
The Wheat Kings played a good game tonight. It was scary when Calgary came within one goal..... If you can not beat em join em.... GO WHEATIES!!!!

Wheatie Pete
04-16-2010, 10:18 PM
I would have been pissed if that Schenn open net offside had come back to haunt them! Exciting game from start to finish. Brandon outplayed Calgary in the 1st 2 periods, but Calgary poured it on in the third.

Got to love the undefeated road record

sbtatter
04-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Yes,he got outplayed badly by DeSerres tonight,was real impressed by the Wheat King squad..
The biggest problem with Jones this year has been giving up the soft one...Brandon will be an excellent
representative at the Memorial cup whether they win the WHL or not

Looked like it took Calgary a while to get up to speed, but once they adjusted, they were dangerous. Should be a doozy tomorrow night, got to think that our goaltending can't stay quite that stellar and yours will get better. We really miss the physical presence of Bestland and Miller, they're our best hitters.....

armypower
04-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Ya,at one point Brandon was outshooting us something like 14-5,then as the
game went on the Hitmen picked it up a bit,hopefully they can carry that over tonight....These teams are matched up pretty good,it's gonna be a great series if Calgary wins tonight...