PDA

View Full Version : blades bantam draft

wango tango
04-20-2010, 11:45 AM
what do you want to see the team draft?

with siemens, thrower, dietz, and vandane the defense core looks good for the next few seasons.

forward depth looks ok, could add more pure goal scoring talent.

area that worries me is goal. mentally morrison has to toughen up. ewan, todd, and oswald are all unknowns.

would the team keep stanford as a 20?

reims
04-20-2010, 12:34 PM
I agree goaltending ... It would be nice to see a 16 year old goaltender on the roster next year, kinda like a holtby like....let him grow with the team.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-20-2010, 12:36 PM
what do you want to see the team draft?

with siemens, thrower, dietz, and vandane the defense core looks good for the next few seasons.

forward depth looks ok, could add more pure goal scoring talent.

area that worries me is goal. mentally morrison has to toughen up. ewan, todd, and oswald are all unknowns.

would the team keep stanford as a 20?

I think the Blades should try and draft some skilled forwards,but with the spot they have in the draft it may be tough to draft a superstar like Eberle.

I think the Blades might grab a goalie because I would keep Stanford as a 20 year old,but just in case he is not kept I think it would be a safe play to draft a goalie.

I think the goaltending battle will be most intereresting next season.

I think the Blades should focus on forwards,then goalie (if they draft one.) Then the defence,but pick the best player that is available and hope the player is a forward,

wango tango
04-20-2010, 01:46 PM
I think the Blades should try and draft some skilled forwards,but with the spot they have in the draft it may be tough to draft a superstar like Eberle.

I think the Blades might grab a goalie because I would keep Stanford as a 20 year old,but just in case he is not kept I think it would be a safe play to draft a goalie.

I think the goaltending battle will be most intereresting next season.

I think the Blades should focus on forwards,then goalie (if they draft one.) Then the defence,but pick the best player that is available and hope the player is a forward,

eberle is a good and not so good example.

he was taken in the 7th round of the bantam draft. so the good part is, it is possible to get a superstar in any round, or as a list player.

the not so good. it's very difficult to project a 14 year old and what they will be at 18. every team in the whl passed on eberle for six rounds.

i'd like to see them take the best forward available with their 1st round pick, best defense available with their 2nd round pick. saskatoon doesn't have a third this year. maybe a goalie in the fourth or fifth.

GBG BLEED BLUE
04-21-2010, 12:01 AM
eberle is a good and not so good example.

he was taken in the 7th round of the bantam draft. so the good part is, it is possible to get a superstar in any round, or as a list player.

the not so good. it's very difficult to project a 14 year old and what they will be at 18. every team in the whl passed on eberle for six rounds.

i'd like to see them take the best forward available with their 1st round pick, best defense available with their 2nd round pick. saskatoon doesn't have a third this year. maybe a goalie in the fourth or fifth.

You are right I forgot that these kids are only 14 and 15 years old,so pretty much do what you said. The Blades just need a player like him,that probably sounds better.

Here is a question: Should the Blades take a gamble on the California draft again? It was not really a gamble because he did report. I think they may take a player because you never know who you could pick.

With the Blades finishing so high in the standings this year their 1st rounder in 20th overall again. I am not saying they can not get a decent player at that spot,but it would be nice to see the Blades have a top 10 pick. The fans and the city want to see the Blades go to the Memorial Cup soon so maybe finishing lower would help them get the pieces that they need (top draft positions) to land some good players like in 2008 when they selected Siemens and Benson.

Trading is a good tool as well but you are not going to get star players to build a team around unless you give up an arm and a leg.

I am sure the Blades will do well in the bantam draft coming up.

lordstanley
04-21-2010, 10:54 AM
This is a very strong draft my sources have told to me it's pretty close to the 2008 draft so with us picking 20th we could still land a very very talented foward hopefully

And as for our goaltending i wouldn't say oswald iwan or todd are unknowns they have all put up some great numbers i would probably give the nod to Oswald or Todd the only reason why oswald didn't get the call in the playoffs was because his team was still playing and iwans wasn't

Oswald is a way better prospect, next year Morrison will get the job done i aint worried one bit.

lordstanley
04-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Here are a few fowards that may be available when the Blades pick 20th keep your eyes open for

Nick Petan
Ryan Siroky
Greg Chase

Trav
04-22-2010, 02:28 AM
with their first pick.

They could use a bit of everything.

wango tango
04-23-2010, 12:44 PM
could the blades do a deal with one of their potential 20's and get back the third round pick they gave up to seattle for boyer?

see les lazaruk's blog through the blades website...

http://www.saskatoonhomepage.ca/sports-blog/blades-post-mortem.html

if the blades 20's will be zahn, patterson, and viedensky it gives the team a chance to get some picks back.