PDA

View Full Version : Mosienko Named Player Of The Week

eecliff
05-09-2005, 10:35 AM
Great Job Mosie :clap:

MOSIENKO NAMED GREYHOUND WHL PLAYER OF THE WEEK - PLAYOFF EDITION
Created: May 9, 2005

Calgary - The Greyhound WHL Player of the Week is forward Tyler Mosienko of the Kelowna Rockets. Mosienko earned player of the week honours by recording a goal and three points including a game-winning goal in the first two games of the WHL Championship series against the Brandon Wheat Kings. The Rockets lead the best-of-seven series 2-0.

Game 3 of the Series goes Tuesday, May 10th in Brandon. Game time is 7:00 PM.

On Friday, May 6th, Mosienko recorded an assist in a 3-0 shutout victory over the visiting Brandon Wheat Kings in Game 1. On Saturday, May 7th, Mosienko scored the game-winning goal and added an assist in a 4-1 victory against the visiting Wheat Kings in Game 2.

Mosienko, a 20-year-old from West St. Paul, Manitoba, is a free agent.

GREYHOUND COURIER EXPRESS is the OFFICIAL COURIER of the WHL.

Greyhound WHL Player of the Week, 2005 Playoffs:
Mar 25 – Mar 27: Eric Fehr, Brandon Wheat Kings
Mar 28 – April 3: Andrew Ladd, Calgary Hitmen
Apr 4 – Apr 10: Bryan Bridges, Seattle Thunderbirds
Apr 11 – Apr 17: Derek Yeomans, Kelowna Rockets
Apr 18 – Apr 24: Shea Weber, Kelowna Rockets
Apr 25 – May 1: Chris Schlenker, Prince Albert Raiders
May 2 – May 8: Tyler Mosienko, Kelowna Rockets

mccabe23
05-09-2005, 11:00 AM
And well deserved! Tyler doesn't get a lot if credit in this league.

BWK
05-09-2005, 11:08 AM
I can't argue that pick. Good job by a good young hockey player. We don't see you guys much but from what I have seen of him I have been impressed.

On a side note he must be excited to play in Manitoba for the 3rd time (???) in his WHL carreer.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-09-2005, 12:25 PM
personally I think Later should of got Player of the Week :D

mccabe23
05-09-2005, 12:39 PM
In all honesty, I thought Plante would have got the honors. He played amazing in both losses for the Wheaties. Without Plante, the scores on both nights would have been very ugly. But Mosienko was also very deserving. Mosienko is our MVP every game for the past few years! He's the definition of hard work!

Jovorock
05-09-2005, 02:25 PM
personally I think Later should of got Player of the Week :D
Now thats funny.

Congrats Moisy, with all your hard work you deserve it. Now close down the Wheatties in your home province.

WHEATKINGS 04-05 CHAMPS
05-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Plante should have got it....man he stood on his head on saturday

mccabe23
05-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Now close down the Wheatties in your home province.

Yep. There should be an abundance of Mosie lovers at the Brandon games this week! Even some Bodie fans as well!

fightstrap50
05-09-2005, 06:52 PM
yeah what a hard little digger that kid is. I see him as an Adam Taylor type player with Dawes size and speed. Aint it sad seeing the 20 year olds leaving after a good career with their home teams. I know we will all miss Taylor, Sagat, and the best +/- man around in James Cherywick

Chipper
05-09-2005, 07:28 PM
And well deserved! Tyler doesn't get a lot if credit in this league.
Congratulations Tyler! and your right the small guys never seem to get the big recognision.lol

BWK
05-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Yep. There should be an abundance of Mosie lovers at the Brandon games this week! Even some Bodie fans as well!

I don't know how many fans Bodie will draw from Portage la Prairie. I think they are all in Weyburn for the Royal Bank Cup.