PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Make Coaching Change

Malc
05-05-2010, 01:48 PM
The Spokane Chiefs have announced that they have elected not to exercise the option year on Hardy Sauter’s contract as Head Coach of the team.

“The decision to make a coaching change at this time was very difficult,” Chiefs General Manager Tim Speltz said. “Hardy is a great person and cares deeply about his players. At the same time, I feel strongly that we need to make a change moving forward. Hardy was a big part of our Memorial Cup Championship team and we wish him all the best in the future.”

Sauter joined the club as an assistant coach helping the team win the Memorial Cup during the 2007-08 season. After Head Coach Bill Peters left to take a position with the Chicago Blackhawks organization in the American Hockey League, Sauter was promoted to the job prior to the 2008-09 season and signed a two-year deal with a third year being the team’s option.

In two seasons Sauter finished with a 90-45-3-3 record as head coach.

The organization will begin their search for a replacement immediately.

http://www.whl.ca/spokane-chiefs-make-coaching-change-p142517

LifelongChiefsFan
05-23-2010, 04:40 PM
As nice of a guy as Sauter may have been, I'm glad the Chiefs pulled the plug. I wonder how far the Chiefs would have gone the past 2 years if Bill Peters was still running the show...