PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Cup Preview Show

Boltz9
05-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Did anybody catch the joke of a Memorial Cup preview show last night on sportsnet?

First off its disgusting how biased all these people are towards the OHL.

And the funniest comment came from one of the commentators when he was talking about the Wheat Kings. He said we have a good team, but most people think this team is one year away from being a contender. Boogaard'd

Also thought it was funny when they were picking their 2 'steady eddies' from the leagues and decided to go with Darren Bestland.

Joe Hallenback
05-14-2010, 01:12 PM
I didn't mind them picking Bestland he is a pretty important guy on the backend and we really missed him during the Calgary series.

But ya it will be all Windsor all the time. They are a great team but it is always like this. Remember when Spokane went into Kitchener and shut everyone down? They had Kitchener the cup already. Same thing Last year with Kelowna who made it to the finals.

drummermajor
05-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Check out Yahoo Sports page
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey

One of their stories reads "WHL host Wheat Kings are ready to show the CHL that their Winnipeg city is a "hockey town"."

Since when was Brandon a part of the province of Winnipeg?:crazy:

lordstanley
05-14-2010, 09:23 PM
Wow Taylor Hall makes Schenn look like a ***** tat

Sudzy
05-14-2010, 10:03 PM
I had to change channels after the first period and a half.

Hard to watch such a one sided game.

Hope things go better for the Wheaties in the future games.

armypower
05-15-2010, 02:39 AM
It's too bad the Wheat Kings don't have adequate goaltending,I saw it
in the Calgary series ,how deflated the team got when the goalies didn't
come up with stoppable pucks.......Jones and all good goalies make hard saves seem routine......I"m no expert on the Brandon team but was a bit shocked when I saw Hayes as the starter.....

dagley
05-15-2010, 08:45 AM
come up with stoppable pucks.......Jones and all good goalies make hard saves seem routine......I"m no expert on the Brandon team but was a bit shocked when I saw Hayes as the starter.....

That surely wasn't just a result of goaltending, McCrimmon is an idiot for starting Hayes though

Boltz9
05-15-2010, 09:25 AM

Ya your not the only one surprised by that move, I'm sure Hayes thought KM was joking when he heard he was starting. But as Dagley said it was definitely not the only problem. Strategy and gameplan was and always has been our biggest problem imo. We just had no idea on how to combat their game, I think even the Hitmen will be hard pressed to beat them but I hope they can.

Allin44
05-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Ya your not the only one surprised by that move, I'm sure Hayes thought KM was joking when he heard he was starting. But as Dagley said it was definitely not the only problem. Strategy and gameplan was and always has been our biggest problem imo. We just had no idea on how to combat their game, I think even the Hitmen will be hard pressed to beat them but I hope they can.

Strategy/Game Play was evident. But how many times did we have 3 guys go at a puck and all fan on it. Windsor is SO good at the cross ice passes from boards to boards

DunnerStunner
05-15-2010, 12:13 PM
That surely wasn't just a result of goaltending, McCrimmon is an idiot for starting Hayes though

Im glad he is coaching your club. best of luck

Wheat Kings #1
05-15-2010, 12:37 PM
As bad as the goaltending was, and fans have been worried this exact thing was going to happen all year long , our top 5 let us down in a BIG way last night. They were all -3 on the night and the top line was -4 after 2 periods, YIKES! Only other player at -3 was Schneider, and that was to be expected. Hopefully Miller takes his place at least he comes to compete and will knock some peaple down instead of falling down. Gotta go with Jake in net and hope for the best nothing else you can do their. Hell for as nervous as Brodie looked he came out a +1? Same with Urbom. The other 3 lines didn't play all that bad although Wiebe has to stay out of the box, 2 PPgoals off him. The 4th line I thought was real good. Can't change the coaches they've had all year to work with them. But these top 5 have to step up in a hurray and in a BIG way if we hope to have a chance. As fans let's not get down, come out and keep cheering. For some strange reason I still think it will be a Brandon/Windsor final, but only if these 5 "Future NHL'ers" come out and be the leaders their supposed to be.

patsdude114
05-15-2010, 11:02 PM
The biggest problem on the WKs team was out on friday night.... no goaltending which everyone in the league was surprised the WKs didnt go get a capable goalie... with all the depth the WKs had at forward trading away a 20 yr old forward & a pick of some sort or prospect for Zemlak would of secured ur crease for this exact problem.

What was it 5-0 by the 10 min mark (or so it seemed) the team isnt going to come back from that they r emotionally drained, the players know they r done with no goaltending. The 1 position ur GM forgot about.

Look at the series against Calgary & theres ur answer & now u think the WKs will compete against teams that actually won there league?

0-3 WKs ok they MIGHT beat the QMJHL team as they play a soft game for the WKs anyways..

Good luck

dagley
05-15-2010, 11:15 PM
The biggest problem on the WKs team was out on friday night.... no goaltending which everyone in the league was surprised the WKs didnt go get a capable goalie... with all the depth the WKs had at forward trading away a 20 yr old forward & a pick of some sort or prospect for Zemlak would of secured ur crease for this exact problem.

What was it 5-0 by the 10 min mark (or so it seemed) the team isnt going to come back from that they r emotionally drained, the players know they r done with no goaltending. The 1 position ur GM forgot about.

Look at the series against Calgary & theres ur answer & now u think the WKs will compete against teams that actually won there league?

0-3 WKs ok they MIGHT beat the QMJHL team as they play a soft game for the WKs anyways..

Good luck

Moncton is far from soft.

patsdude114
05-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Moncton is far from soft.

They play in the QMJHL they r soft but hey good job the only team the WKs could beat was the team from the QMJHL... good luck on friday in the semi final against the HOME team Calgary (they get the match-ups they want) but wont really matter cuz the WKs goaltending wont show up anyways.

Any other time i am in full support of the WHL team(s) in the Memorial Cup but considering how u arogant guys from Brandon have been all season this is the best case scenario for u guys (something from SAJ said back in feb) That the WKs will fall flat on there faces in the Memorial Cup.

Looks like that is the case & will be the case when its a Hitmen vs Spitfire Memorial Cup Final

Allin44
05-19-2010, 09:29 PM
They play in the QMJHL they r soft but hey good job the only team the WKs could beat was the team from the QMJHL... good luck on friday in the semi final against the HOME team Calgary (they get the match-ups they want) but wont really matter cuz the WKs goaltending wont show up anyways.

Any other time i am in full support of the WHL team(s) in the Memorial Cup but considering how u arogant guys from Brandon have been all season this is the best case scenario for u guys (something from SAJ said back in feb) That the WKs will fall flat on there faces in the Memorial Cup.

Looks like that is the case & will be the case when its a Hitmen vs Spitfire Memorial Cup Final

Still have Friday. Don't think you'll get any argument from Brandon fans that the WKs have been awful.