PDA

View Full Version : Niemi traded to Rangers and signed

twentyone
05-25-2010, 04:08 PM
This could change things come October. Now that Niemi is signed by the Rangers they will either send him to Hartford or back to junior. I think his option of playing in Europe would be out of the question now that he signed. I can see him playing in Hartford next year but stranger things have happened.

Its a good problem to have but I would not want to be in Lorne Molleken's shoes this off season.

lordstanley
05-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Just heard from a very very reliable source can't name any names but the Rangers want to send Niemi back for one more season like they did with Sam Klassen this past season they were really happy how Klassen developed under Mollekens watch this season and want the same for Niemi same goes for Viedensky so with that being said obviously you would keep Viedensky and Niemi as 20's but who would be the third Zahn or Patterson if you keep Zahn you have the best defense in the league bar none

Elliott Siemens
Niemi Zahn
Thrower Dietz

Trav
05-27-2010, 12:13 PM
but I doubt they'd keep both imports as 20's if both came back. Zahn is probably staying, Patterson would be a lock to stay in my opinion. Viedensky I'd keep over Niemi, Niemi could be traded for a younger import forward perhaps.