PDA

View Full Version : Goalie Situations 2010-2011

colinst14
05-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Hey guys. First of all, I'm new here, and I kinda stumbled across this site, and I love it.

Now, being a big WHL fan, and a goalie, I'm kind of interested in next seasons goalie situations? Like, what rookies have a chance of coming in, what vets will move on to pro, stuff like that.

I'm a Hitmen fan, so what about them? Do you think Jones will move on? I'd like to hear your guys' thoughts on other teams too.

Joe Hallenback
05-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Liam Liston will be the guy in Net for Brandon next season. He got invited to Team Canada u18 camp and Brandon(as am I) are really high on him

Pretty sure Jones will be in the minors next season but you never know with Goalies. Snider is pretty good backup plan to have and they have Komistek as well

colinst14
05-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Yeah.. what do you think about Calvin Pickard? hes going to be the first or second goalie drafted, any chance he'll go into the AHL right away? I've never seen him play, so i dont know.

Allin44
05-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Yeah.. what do you think about Calvin Pickard? hes going to be the first or second goalie drafted, any chance he'll go into the AHL right away? I've never seen him play, so i dont know.

Can't play AHL until hes 20. Don't see him sticking around the NHL as an 18

colinst14
05-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Oh right.... I couldn't see him sticking with an NHL club either.

Toswammi
05-26-2010, 11:04 PM
The one thing i know for sure is there will be a flood of 20 year old goaltenders available.

Rebelsfan13
05-27-2010, 01:15 PM
There definitely will be a lot of 20 year old goalies available next year with some of them unlikely to play in the dub. Barnstable is a pretty good example, he was a great backup for Red Deer but he won't end up as the starter even if Kuemper doesn't come back. As a Rebel fan I am really interested to see what the Rebels do in net. They don't have any young guys ready to come in and take over the reigns as a starter but made an interesting draft at the end of the Bantam draft for protection. Who knows maybe he can come in and steal the starting position regardless of Kuemper being signed or not. Kuemper is a good WHL goalie, but I am not big on using a 20 year old spot on a goalie so I am really interested to see how this plays out.

GBG BLEED BLUE
05-27-2010, 02:58 PM
The Blades have 20 year old Steven Stanford and 19 year old Adam Morrison. Obviously the Blades have to make a choice.

They have 17 year olds Adam Iwan,Tyler Oswald,and 16 year old Adam Todd waiting in the system. I have only seen Adam Iwan practice in the playoffs when Adam Morrison was injured.

The Blades could go with a solid duo of goalies in Stanford and Morrison for next season.

the flying moose
05-27-2010, 08:49 PM
I am curious to see what the Cougars do in the upcoming season considering we had about 100 different goalies play for the team last season.

Neither Stremmel or Wright overly impressed me but that's not that surprising considering the amount of shots they had on them each game. Not sure who they have in the pipeline but it should be interesting to see next season. Can't get much worse.

Brandonite
05-28-2010, 06:27 PM
I am curious to see what the Cougars do in the upcoming season considering we had about 100 different goalies play for the team last season.

Neither Stremmel or Wright overly impressed me but that's not that surprising considering the amount of shots they had on them each game. Not sure who they have in the pipeline but it should be interesting to see next season. Can't get much worse.

Prince George won like 10 games last year....besides Connolly and a select few, I don't think anyone was impressed with anyone from P.G. I dont think the goaltending was to start neither, this team was just bad period!

rednex50
05-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Chilliwack will have Gore as the Starter, with likely either Gamble or Holowenko having to battle it out for backup status...unless someone else in camp impresses to th pint that he leap frogs Gamble and /or Holowenko. Backup to likely see 25-30 games. We should be set.

Rocketsfan
05-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Kelowna will have Adam Brown as the starter with Chad Ketting and Warren Shymko likely battling for the backup role. Brown will play about 50-55 games I'm guessing.

BruinsFan19
05-30-2010, 12:49 PM
I highly doubt the Bruins will go with Gore for the whole season. He was far too inconsistent last year to be a 20 year old starter.

colinst14
05-30-2010, 01:29 PM
How did Gamble do? I know he came over from Drumheller, interested in how well he performed.

BruinsFan19
05-30-2010, 01:53 PM
How did Gamble do? I know he came over from Drumheller, interested in how well he performed.

Not bad. He had some really good games and he also had some stinkers. I'd be interested to see what he could do in a more full time role. Not sure if he could handle it or not but I'd like to see him get a shot. He's very competitive, he'll do whatever he can to stop that puck.

BruinsFan19
05-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Then again, Gore was hurt a lot last year. Maybe now that he's all fixed up he'll be okay.

colinst14
06-10-2010, 05:26 PM

Just saw this know, but the goalie I know of that they have in the system is Tyler Santos. He's my friends friends, and supposedly he's pretty good. He plays for the Midget AAA Sherwood Park Kings, so he's gotta be pretty good.

Malc
06-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Kelowna will have Adam Brown as the starter with Chad Ketting and Warren Shymko likely battling for the backup role. Brown will play about 50-55 games I'm guessing.

It looks like Chad Ketting and Warren Shymko are no longer Kelowna prospects (Warren Shymko is a listed player with Moose Jaw - Small Thoughts at Large http://smallatlarge.blogspot.com).

Seems like Jordon Cooke and Darren Hogg likely battling for the backup role.

Redwic
06-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Can't play AHL until hes 20. Don't see him sticking around the NHL as an 18

Pickard will be in the WHL until his 20 year old season, and then he will be gone. Plain and simple.
------------

In news closer to my hometown, the Silvertips will likely keep Kent Simpson and find a young backup this season, and trade away Thomas Heemskerk (if he even returns to the WHL, after having already signed an entry level contract with San Jose).

jasonbird
07-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Just get in and have a look at this..
Thats correct~~!