PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Camp

Nature Boy
05-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Does anyone know when the Prospect camp will be this year? Anyone know who is coming to this camp? Where will it be?

Red celtic
05-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Prospect camp is June 4-6 usally is held at the arena. Expect this years and last years drafted players plus any listed players between 15-17 years old.

colinst14
05-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Sorry, a small bit off topic, but is there a place where teams have there protected players list, or is it completely exclusive to the team, and players? I would guess it is.

Red celtic
06-02-2010, 11:39 AM
The prospect camp starts this weekend here is what the Advocate has to say about the camp. http://www.albertalocalnews.com/reddeeradvocate/sports/Rebels_prospects_coming_95411469.html

SectionNDeserter
06-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Nice to see Jackson Playfair back. Also nice to hear that there is at least a chance that we will see Olsson back for the main camp!

west coast
06-05-2010, 10:29 PM
am just wondering if prospect McCallum received some bad advice and decided to pursue a junior A carrer with the NAHL Dawson City Rage.He would have recieved about 20 extra points a year with superstar Hopkins entering his WHL prime .

rebel
06-05-2010, 11:36 PM
http://www.albertalocalnews.com/reddeeradvocate/sports/rebels/news/Pufahl_not_letting_shoulder_hold_him_back_at_prosp ects_camp_95710284.html

SectionNDeserter
06-08-2010, 06:24 PM
I managed to take in all 3 days of the prospect camp, and here is what I thought...

First and foremost what I noticed was that the goaltenders looked really good, and gave me a bit of hope for the future of our goaltending. Zach Rakochy played his angles well, was quick, and had a nice glove hand. Bolton Pouliot had good size, and handled the puck very well. Alex Orth also had good size, possibly bigger than Pouliot despite being a year younger and had decent rebound control. I fully expect to see either Rakochy or Pouliot as at least our backup goaltender this season.

Dumba looked to be the most dominant player, as expected.

Three of the '93s impressed as well. Matt Pufahl has a great first pass out of his zone, skates very well, especially getting back into the play, though I was hoping he would have gotten a little bigger over the last year or so--no such luck. Tyson Ness had incredible hands and a quick release--he should challenge for a job of some sort in the upcoming season. Locke Muller, a listed player was very thick and stocky (must have been at least 6' and over 200lbs), could skate and had good overall skill and threw some punishing hits. I am pulling for him to make the team this season, as I think he could turn out to be a good player in this league.

Brooks Maxwell showed a scoring touch, and a bit of feistiness. I liked Chase McMurphy's game as well, and he is a decent size for a 16 year old. Was looking forward to Jackson Playfair, as I liked his rugged, irritating play in camp last season, but while his skating improved, I am not sure if his first few strides get him up to the speed that he needs to be going at the WHL level. Too bad too, I think he could be a heavyweight.... Hope he is back next season! Big '94 defenseman Danys Chartrand impressed me, but not as a defenseman, but as a forward! He had a natural hat trick in a scrimmage, playing as a forward. Something to think about I suppose....

2010 first rounder Kayle Doetzel impressed me with his skating, and had a pretty good shot from the point. Red Deer boy Scott Feser was the smallest player in camp by a fair bit, and seemed to start off really slow but improved a great deal by day 3 of the camp. Should be some interesting decisions to be made after the main camp this year.

colinst14
06-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Do you expect Dumba to definitely start with the Rebels next year? I know some guys who know him, and hes awesome, you know, being from calgary and all :D

SectionNDeserter
06-09-2010, 07:19 AM
I can't even imagine Dumba not making the team this season.

Rebelsfan13
06-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Not only does he make the team but he ends up being one of the top four defensemen. Dumba making this team is almost as much of a lock as RNH was to make it last year!

colinst14
06-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Awesome, do you think he'll be a high pick in the NHL draft?

Rebelsfan13
06-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Kind of early to tell, but if he keeps progressing as projected then he likely would be a first round pick in the NHL.

Nature Boy
06-10-2010, 05:12 PM
Awesome, do you think he'll be a high pick in the NHL draft?

I think he will be if he works on his skating. He needs to get a litlle bit better foot speed. I believe that he isn't eligable until the 2012 NHL draft.

Red celtic
06-11-2010, 12:12 AM
I think he will be if he works on his skating. He needs to get a litlle bit better foot speed. I believe that he isn't eligable until the 2012 NHL draft.
Not sure what you are talking about his whole game is far and above (including his foot speed) anyone in his draft class excluding the top 2 picks. Even with those two he is on par. ISS has already projected him to be a first round pick but time will tell.

Rebelsfan13
06-11-2010, 07:57 AM
He is two years away from the NHL draft so anything can happen in that time. If he continues to develop as he has then I can't see why he wouldn't go in the first round, and potentially as an early first round pick. It sure is nice actually being excited about the future of team for a change!