PDA

View Full Version : Draft

Rebelsfan13
06-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Well in the next 7 days we get the NHL draft and then the CHL Import draft. I am curious to watch what happens on when Petrovic goes, and whereabouts Kudrna gets drafted. Does anyone else get drafted i.e. Cowen?

As for the CHL import draft do we have anyone we would use our pick for or are we happy with Persson?

I just wanted to open a thread since there has been very little chatter in the last week.

SectionNDeserter
06-22-2010, 08:04 AM
I would like to see Kudrna back in a Rebel uniform next season, but if he isn't drafted by an NHL team this season, I think the chances of him staying in Slovakia or going elsewhere in Europe are much greater--in which case we would have a spot free for an import pick. Persson wasn't outstanding last season, but he wasn't bad either, and his physical game really picked up towards the end of the season. I suspect that he will be back.

Rebelsfan13
06-22-2010, 09:29 PM
I think Kudrna will be back, and I agree that Persson was coming on, but if they have the ability to upgrade Persson I wouldmt be surprised to see them draft someone else.

Hawkie
06-22-2010, 10:18 PM
I agree with SND ... if Kudrna isn't drafted he won't come back. He'd probably be better off making some $$ in a league over there somewhere. He was also drafted in the KHL draft about a month ago, so that might intice him to give that a shot as well.

SectionNDeserter
06-23-2010, 06:34 AM
if they have the ability to upgrade Persson I wouldmt be surprised to see them draft someone else.What exactly is the procedure you use to 'upgrade' Persson in a total crapshoot like the import draft? Send him home, cross your fingers and hope you don't pick another Polak or Barak?

Red celtic
06-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Alex talks about the draft with the Advocate looks like he would really like to go to the Oilers here is the link.
http://www.albertalocalnews.com/reddeeradvocate/sports/Petrovic_about_to_live_dream_96975444.html

SectionNDeserter
06-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Wow, not many players that would come out and say that they actually WANT to play for Edmonton. Maybe they should take him with the #1 pick!

Rebelsfan13
06-23-2010, 08:10 PM
What exactly is the procedure you use to 'upgrade' Persson in a total crapshoot like the import draft? Send him home, cross your fingers and hope you don't pick another Polak or Barak? The import draft is a crap shoot but occasionally you land a player that turns out to be Hanzal. The import draft is different you have usually talked to the person and know whether or not he will play for you. So if the rebels have an in they may make a pick otherwise you stick with the two horses you have. I never said it was likely lol

Rebelsfan13
06-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Way to go Petro~!

Rebelsfan13
06-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote from the Advocate:

Kudrna’s agent, meanwhile, continued to assure Wallin that Kudrna will return to the Rebels for the 2010-11 WHL season despite being passed over twice in the NHL draft.

“His agent said Andrej is coming back, which is what he’s been telling me all along,” said Wallin. “And I understand that Phoenix is interested in giving him a free agent tryout, which is good news for Andrej.”

SectionNDeserter
06-29-2010, 08:15 AM
I see on CHL.ca, that Seattle is listed under the 'traded to' section for the Rebels 1st round import draft pick. Looks like we are sticking with what we have for imports. Wonder who or what we acquired for the 1st round import draft pick?

Rebelsfan13
06-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Nothing out there yet, but likely a later round bantam draft pick in return. With the Import draft being such a crap shoot these days I can't see us getting much more in return.

SectionNDeserter
06-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Nothing out there yet, but likely a later round bantam draft pick in return. With the Import draft being such a crap shoot these days I can't see us getting much more in return.You are probably right, especially a 34th overall pick.

Rebelsfan13
06-29-2010, 10:38 AM
President of Hockey Operations/Head Coach of the Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club announced today that they have traded their 1st round, 34th overall selection in today's Canadian Hockey League Import Draft to the Seattle Thunderbirds in exchange for the Thunderbirds' 4th round pick in the 2012 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft.

Trav
06-29-2010, 10:48 AM
Good return for a 34th overall pick.

SectionNDeserter
06-29-2010, 05:42 PM
Good return for a 34th overall pick.No kidding, turned something they couldn't even use into a 4th round pick! Wonder what Seattle has up their sleeves?

Rebelsfan13
06-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Kind of funny that they used the pick to draft someone with the last name Sutter