PDA

View Full Version : Raiders trade for Svendsen/3rd round pick

EOK1
06-28-2010, 01:28 PM
http://www.raiderhockey.com/news/releases/index.html?article_id=728

Raiders Acquire Import Centre Svendsen from Edmonton

Prince Albert, Saskatchewan – The Prince Albert Raiders have acquired 19 year-old import centre Sebastian Svendsen from the Edmonton Oil Kings along with Edmonton’s 3rd round pick in the 2011 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft in exchange for 20 year-old centre Jordan Hickmott.

Svendsen, from Hvidovre, Denmark, was the Vancouver Giants second round selection, 71st overall, in the 2009 CHL Import draft. He appeared in 64 games for the Giants and Edmonton last season with 12 goals, 8 assists and 46 minutes in penalties. Svendsen has played for Denmark in both the World Under 18 and World Junior Championships (Division 1) the past two seasons.

Prior to coming to North America as a 17 year-old, Svensen played in the top professional league in Sweden (Superelit) with Vastra Frolunda with 6 goals and 6 assists in 37 games.

Hickmott was acquired by the Raiders from the Medicine Hat Tigers prior to the 2008 CHL Import Draft on June 26, 2008. In two seasons with the Raiders, Hickmott appeared in all 144 regular season contests with 31 goals, 40 assists and 72 minutes in penalties.

“We would like to thank Jordan for his 2 years of service to the Raider organization and wish him well,” said General Manager and Head Coach Bruno Campese. “We are excited to acquire Sebastian from Edmonton. He has proven with the opportunity to play he can put up some numbers in the Western Hockey League.”

To Raiders:

Sebastian Svendsen

Hometown: Hvidovre, Denmark DOB: July 30/91 Position: Centre

Shoots: Left Height: 5’10” Weight: 180 lb

Year Team GP G A PTS PIM

08-09 Vastra Frolunda (Sweden) 37 6 6 12 30

09-10 Giants 36 5 1 6 19

Oil Kings 28 7 7 14 27

WHL TOTALS 64 12 8 20 46

To Oil Kings:

Jordan Hickmott

Hometown: Mission, BC DOB: April 11/90 Position: Centre

Shoots: Right Height: 6’1” Weight: 183 lbs.

Year Team GP G A PTS PIM

05-06 Tigers 1 0 0 0 0

06-07 Tigers 29 3 1 4 4

07-08 Tigers 55 7 4 11 24

08-09 Raiders 72 10 12 22 41

09-10 Raiders 72 21 28 49 31

WHL TOTALS 229 41 45 86 100

Raider Believer
06-28-2010, 01:38 PM
http://www.raiderhockey.com/news/releases/index.html?article_id=728

Hmmm.... not exactly earth shattering news. We gave up virtually nothing and got the same, at least at first glance. gotta like that Bruno is trying to get us something but this guy is a long shot to even make the team.

lordstanley
06-28-2010, 01:43 PM
To me it seems trading a 20 year old away there keeping a spot open for Revenko to come back

Dwight Schrute
06-29-2010, 08:36 PM
so did we trade the 16th pick in the euro draft away cause we got cedergren 2.0 ? i understand passing on the 2nd. but is this euro better then what was available at #16

Raider Believer
06-30-2010, 06:21 PM
The third round pick is good for the Raiders. Not many average 20 year olds will get more then that and the Raiders always seem to do pretty well in the 3rd round anyways. Dober, Herrod,Aschim and Balson were the last 4 that were old enough to play here. And Svendsen is not a long shot to be good enough to make the team.

In your best guesstimate, who would you project might be playing on Svendsen's wings?

Raider Believer
06-30-2010, 10:38 PM
honestly I think Macneil and Maylan will be given every chance to be the top 2 centers (at least I hope) . I think Svendsen will play with Parker and Taylor or something similar on the 3rd line. I do also think Parker should be given another chance on the 2nd line but doubt that will happen

Wow. I completely disagree. IMHO I think it will be a challenge for them to make this year's team. They just didn't have the production last year. Also Bruno has to find a way to work in the two boys from Chase Chiefs and also Danyluk and Winther. I'm thinking Herle will probably still be here anchoring the 4th line with one of the 94s. I agree that the recently acquired Euro will probably be centering the 3rd line.

I have the following lineup projections:

1st line
McNeil Harrison Herrod

2nd line
Revenko Maylan MacKenzie

3rd line
Winther Svendsen Balson

4th line

Herle Danyluk, ?

Looking at the lineup, Bruno has very little flexibility because of the right/left shot ration which is weighted heavily towards the right hand shots. Balson and MacKenzie will bounce back and forth between 2nd and 3rd lines, just as Maylan and McNeil will probably move back and forth between 1st and 2nd lines. Honestly, I'm expecting some kind of trade for a 2nd or 3rd liner who shoots left. Its really too bad Basara chose to go the BCHL route. He would have looked good in the lineup. The def looks way more settled with returnees Rowley, Deck, Button anchoring the blueline with Hrynyk, Yaworski, Ruopp and maybe newcomer Wasylenko from St. Albert, Alberta. I think we'll be solid with Tucker between the pipes.

Raider Believer
06-30-2010, 11:40 PM
I guess we will have to wait and see but I cant see MAckenzie playing anything but 3rd or 4th line. as well as Balson. heres how i see it

Herrod - Harrison- Ravenko
Macneil - Maylan - Parker
Winther - Svendsen - Danyluk
Constant - Mackenzie - Balson

*Braid,Dale , Steuart

Deck - Button
Rowley - Hrynyk
Yarworski - Ruopp

* Berry-Lamontagna - Wasylenko, Sutton

Tucker - Williams

*Fiebelkorn

Yikes! Balson and MacKenzie are way ahead of Winther and Danyluk developmentally. Both bring more size and experience. I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised. And I think Herle brings more to the table than Parker or Constant. You're wanting to put two fairly undersized rookies on either side of a fairly soft Euro?? Our enemies will be licking their chops in anticipation. Bruno has made it very clear that he is going to be placing a lot of value on size and aggression. He's promised the fans that the Art Hauser Centre will be an unwelcoming place for visitors.