PDA

View Full Version : New D-man?

Wolfman
06-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Why in God's name do we need a new D-man? Especially when we have 5 returning vet's? Hellllooo? What about Rogers? Great skater. Fast. Been around a few years. 2 seasons ago he had "crunch' and "tough-guy" of the game and now - nothing. At one point it was even the "welcome to my neightborhood" show. Now nothing. ***? Screw the new guys - put the old guys in! Lamb needs to get his head out of his a**! Who did Rogers piss off! Hey, what about Brody Luhning? Does that kid even know what his uniform looks like? Come'on. :burningmad:

brandonboy
06-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Im not even gonna touch this one!:evil:

Toswammi
06-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Yeah, well...ummm

The one thing i noticed with both picks is the Broncos picked up some big boys. Both are over six feet, and I assume they believe they will come over and be big parts of the team. Guess we will wait until August/September and find out for ourselves exactly what we got here.

trucker
06-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Wolfman, what are you talkin about? When opportunities arise to improve the team, you jump at them!! Don't know why you would have an issue with these players, both add A LOT of size, something we need!! I would have to think that Lamb knows a little more than you, hence he has that title "headcoach and G.M." And you refer to yourself as "dumbass" er, I mean "wolfman".

eighty
06-30-2010, 12:06 PM
I would think Lamb will have to ship someone?

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
06-30-2010, 01:58 PM
Wolfman's trying to make this a joke topic, right?

trucker
06-30-2010, 03:24 PM
I think Rodgers is on the chopping block. Don't think his style is liked by the coaching staff and that's why he was a healthy scratch last year. Who knows, but our defense has to improve big time this year. Rodgers seems like a nice kid, but being nice doesn't win championships.

Raider Believer
06-30-2010, 06:26 PM
I think Rodgers is on the chopping block. Don't think his style is liked by the coaching staff and that's why he was a healthy scratch last year. Who knows, but our defense has to improve big time this year. Rodgers seems like a nice kid, but being nice doesn't win championships.

Scarlett is a nice piece to the foundation if he continues to develop and get stronger.

ointhecreek
07-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Rogers isn't even close to being big enuff or strong enuff, gets knocked off the puck in the corner every time. Nice to finally see some much needed size on the D. Now we just need a scrapper.

CrazyGeorge
07-04-2010, 01:23 AM
I'm unsure what's going to happen with the 20 year olds this year (Friesen, Clarke, Bobbee, Dowling, and Novotny) and even the Europeans (If Ortio reports, Novotny, then now these two new ones they just drafted)...from a defensemen stand point, I like the options of Bobbee, Scarlett, Verdino, Evans, and now this new/big dman they drafted out of Euro draft, I'm liking how this possible defensive core is shapping out. With that being said, the Euro's first have to report then if we have more than two we'll have a decision to make. I do agree somewhat that Rogers doesn't really fit and I'm really unsure about Lhuning seeing how he had very limited time this past season. We'll see come training camp.

Toswammi
07-04-2010, 11:19 AM
I really like Luhning and his shot from the point. I would think that he would be valuable on the PK. I prefer him to Craig, but i know the coaching staff feels differently.
Rogers seems to have lost his spot in the lineup, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him traded (likely during camp)

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
07-08-2010, 01:05 AM
I'm waiting for the announcement that the Salmon Arm Silverbacks have signed Joel Rogers for the 2010/2011 season.

trucker
07-08-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm waiting for the announcement that the Salmon Arm Silverbacks have signed Joel Rogers for the 2010/2011 season.

That's funny!! I thought he may have been more of Dean's idea, but you might be on to something! lmao! You don't think Tim's contract didn't get renewed cause of Rogers do ya?

eighty
07-12-2010, 03:53 PM
big D-man to the Broncos from MJ, Matt Francyzk 6'2 200, 17 year old, brings a bit of offense too

Toswammi
07-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Also speaking of Defenseman....officially signed Heatherington (our 1st round pick last draft). He is already a 6'0 defenseman.

CrazyGeorge
07-14-2010, 10:07 PM
Bobbee (20)
Verdino (19)
Rogers (19)
Evans (18)
Lhuning (18)
Scarlett (17)
Craig (17)
Nedomlel (17) - assumes he reports to the Broncos
Francyzk (17)
Zimbaluk (17)

Of course we all have our preferences as to who we would like from this list and who do not want from this list but regardless, there is lots of different skill sets but in general it appears our d has gotten bigger. With this list as long as it is (and who knows who else that is not on the list that will give a strong battle at camp), does anyone feel a trade may be possible? Just curious. I'm curious what our defensemen will look like this year, which Euro's will be on the roster and the general make up of the team. About 6 more weeks till camp starts.

Toswammi
07-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Bobbee (20)
Verdino (19)
Rogers (19)
Evans (18)
Lhuning (18)
Scarlett (17)
Craig (17)
Nedomlel (17) - assumes he reports to the Broncos
Francyzk (17)
Zimbaluk (17)

Of course we all have our preferences as to who we would like from this list and who do not want from this list but regardless, there is lots of different skill sets but in general it appears our d has gotten bigger. With this list as long as it is (and who knows who else that is not on the list that will give a strong battle at camp), does anyone feel a trade may be possible? Just curious. I'm curious what our defensemen will look like this year, which Euro's will be on the roster and the general make up of the team. About 6 more weeks till camp starts.

I know myself I am not sold on Craig like the coaches are...but he was only 16 last year and you really can't criticize them too much.

But I would be happy with the following seven defenesman opening night:
Bobbee (20)
Verdino (19)
Evans (18)
Lhuning (18)
Scarlett (17)
Nedomlel (17)

with the other spot being fought over by the other three guys and assuming that Nedomel is worth a roster spot and not one of those iffy Europeans (and i guess shows up, that always seems to be a question).

Still think that Luhning can be a guy that can put up the points on the power play. Hopefully they all have strong camps and make a case to make the roster. That should set up some nice potential trades to fill in other possible holes.

ointhecreek
07-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Evans? Surely you jest. I'd put him in with Rodgers, gone for a bag of pucks.;)

hockeyfan123
07-18-2010, 02:21 PM
I'd be shocked if Luhning made the club. His shot is good but I cant see him making the club. His defensive game needs some work.