PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Import Draft.

GBG BLEED BLUE
06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
The Blades selected 19 year old forward Andrej Stastny from Slovakia (a teammate of Merek Viedensky at the WJR's) Hopefully he comes over.

In the Blades traded with P.G to get their 2nd rounder (it only cost the Blades an 8th rounder in 2012.) The Blades selected Matej Stransky a 17 year old from the Czech Republic.

So both Niemi and Viedensky are gone. :(

It will be interesting to see them this fall.

lordstanley
06-29-2010, 09:08 PM
With Stasny being a slovak and all reports of Viedensky coming back who is also a slovak they both played together with team Slovakia in the world juniors i think you will see a line of

Hamilton Viedensky Stastny

and the second line of

Dziurzynski Patterson Nicholls

not to shabby if you ask me

wango tango
06-30-2010, 12:27 PM
so the blades now have 4 euros!?

blades 20 year old and import situation very unclear.

the wish at the end of the season was for patterson, zahn, and viedensky to be the teams three 20's, now all of them could be gone.

many good players to pick from for the teams 20's. and hopefully the euro situation sorts itself out.

so much to happen.

Trav
06-30-2010, 02:02 PM
My guess is it'll still be Patterson, Viedensky and Zahn as the 20's.

The rest traded or released.

Battle between Stastny and Stransky for the 2nd import spot should Viedensky be back unless Viedensky is traded which I don't see happening but u never know, it happened last year with Kytnar.

BladesFan_2010
07-04-2010, 11:38 PM
I don't know how the 20 year old situation, or the European thing will sort itself out. I've heard rumblings that Niemi would be better off to not come back. As for the rest of them, I don't know what will happen.

Remember though, last year we thought that Klassen was gone for good but he ended up being returned, so you never can tell.