PDA

View Full Version : Off season Poll

Hitmen1
05-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Where should the Hitmen upgrade the most?

Hitmen1
05-11-2005, 12:07 AM
I voted for scoring forwards. With Getzlaf, Ladd, and Pushkarev all likely gone next year I think we might struggle to score.

Maybe I should have included the coach in the poll. I would still like to see Evason take over the team with Kisio focusing on his gm duties.

tazndevil
05-11-2005, 08:26 AM
Without a doubt. Gotta be scoring forwards.

With the Hitmen's top 2 lines graduating from the WHL, who is going to put the puck in the net?

The only one IMO from the Hitmen's top 2 lines this year that has a realistic shot at returning next year is Ladd. To put it mildly, trying to fill 5 of the top 6 forward spots is a big hole. As much as I hate Kisio as a coach, the man is a great GM. I have faith that he will pull something off.

It will be interesting to see what Kisio does to shore up the scoring on this team. If everything happens the way I think it will, we will have an open 20 yr old spot as well.

I was looking at our 50 man protected list (the list before the draft), and holy are we ever young. I'm think Kisio will make a major trade to bring in one or 2 scorers from another team, and sell off some of our young talent.

Taz

Hitmen1
05-11-2005, 09:22 AM
I would like to see the Slovenian kid play with the Hitmen. He is 17, and from what I heard watching the WHC, he would like to come play major junior in North America. Taz, good points about Kisio, he is a very good gm, and I have faith that he will bring in a couple of scorers from another team.

ScottyWazz
05-11-2005, 02:39 PM
I think it's a sweep about the scoring forwards-- they have the grit and the guys who will take a hit to make a play, now they need to get some guys who will be there when the play is made.

And I think you're talking about Anze Kopitar that is from Slovenia. He's going to be a stud when he gets to the North American game. He's got the whole package and will be an asset to anyone who gets him.

The_Vulk
05-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Well, the newest Hitmen is definately not a scoring forward.

But being able to keep a lead in the third period would be nice too.

peatfan
05-14-2005, 03:08 AM
This is the only weakness for next year. Goalie solid two and defense coming out of our ears and lots of forwards but not much offense. I expect Dupont might be the highest scorer (30-35 goals/ 70-80 points) next year of the returning forwards(baring unexpected return of Ladd/Pushie or Getz). I see Covington as a second line scorer with 25-30 goals. Lots of 20 goal scorers but no 50 goal scorers for next year. Trade Carson and maybe another d for a high scorer. :clap: