07-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Goal
Tucker
Williams

Defence
Deck (20) Ruopp(17)
Rowley(20) Hyrynk(18)
Button(19) Yaworski(18)-although more of a forward
Lamontagna(17) Bettauer(19)-Unsure if he will report(former Bruin)

Looks good 1-3,maybe the best 3 some in division,Ruopp,Hyrnyk and Yaworski all have limitations ..Bruno might need to find a solid 4th d-man like Wall was last season.

Forwards

Revenko(20)-20 yr euro...can he bounce back after bad last half
Harrison(18)-rumour has it he might not want to come back.
Herrod(19)-best all around forward
Parker(19)-very bad afetr trade to PA
Maylan(19)-up and down year,lots of skill
Svendson(19)-he will be gone by x-mas..guy is awful
Herle-(19)-energy guy...no skill
Mcneil(17)-should have a good year..needs more ice
Winther-will be a good 16
Danyluk-same as Winther
Mckenzie-good size,not a saviour only played Jr.B
Balson-4th liner at best also played Jr.B
Stewart-trouble off the ice..longshot to make team
Constant-good skill,conditioning will be a factor,prob 25 to heavy
Formosa-I dont think he will make team
Dale-Maybe toughness..lacks skill or footwork

Raiders will need some scoring from Herrod,Harrison(if he reports)
Revenko to bounce back and Mcneil and Maylan to improve.Parker,Herle,Svendson will also have to contribute or find a new place to play.I think Danyluk will end up the best of the rest.

Not a lot of depth up front

hockeyfan123
07-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Whats the status of Trach?? Will he be good to go? I heard he still wants to play hockey. Would he make P.A. or would he have to play SJHL?

HockeyGuru
07-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Harrison wouldn't come back...I hope this trade works out for Raiders.

Raider Believer
07-27-2010, 08:07 PM
Goal
Tucker
Williams

Defence
Deck (20) Ruopp(17)
Rowley(20) Hyrynk(18)
Button(19) Yaworski(18)-although more of a forward
Lamontagna(17) Bettauer(19)-Unsure if he will report(former Bruin)

Looks good 1-3,maybe the best 3 some in division,Ruopp,Hyrnyk and Yaworski all have limitations ..Bruno might need to find a solid 4th d-man like Wall was last season.

Forwards

Revenko(20)-20 yr euro...can he bounce back after bad last half
Harrison(18)-rumour has it he might not want to come back.
Herrod(19)-best all around forward
Parker(19)-very bad afetr trade to PA
Maylan(19)-up and down year,lots of skill
Svendson(19)-he will be gone by x-mas..guy is awful
Herle-(19)-energy guy...no skill
Mcneil(17)-should have a good year..needs more ice
Winther-will be a good 16
Danyluk-same as Winther
Mckenzie-good size,not a saviour only played Jr.B
Balson-4th liner at best also played Jr.B
Stewart-trouble off the ice..longshot to make team
Constant-good skill,conditioning will be a factor,prob 25 to heavy
Formosa-I dont think he will make team
Dale-Maybe toughness..lacks skill or footwork

Raiders will need some scoring from Herrod,Harrison(if he reports)
Revenko to bounce back and Mcneil and Maylan to improve.Parker,Herle,Svendson will also have to contribute or find a new place to play.I think Danyluk will end up the best of the rest.

Not a lot of depth up front

Too funny! Are you sure you're a fan? You're slagging the Jr B experience? Check out the literally hundreds of NHLers who donned the Jr. B jerseys for a season i.e. Shea Weber, just named Captain of the Predators. And in case you hadn't noticed, Shane Danyluk played with MacKenzie and Balson for a few games in Chase, apparently he didn't exactly stand out, and FYI, he's only 6 or 8 weeks younger than MacKenzie. I think all those players you mentioned plus young Mr. Fiddler will be standouts with a little experience, good coaching and maturity and it is way too early to tell who might be the 'best of the rest'.

Raider Believer
08-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Bruno has made some changes since this thread was started. Time for an update and projections.
This is what I think we'll see after the 1st week of September, assuming a 23 man roster.

Goalies:

Tucker & Williams

Defense:

Rowley, Deck, Button Bourhis, Bettauer, Ruopp, Hrynck, Yaworski (who can also be forward).

Forward:

Herrod, Revenko, Maylan, Parker, McNeil, MacKenzie, Vanderhoek, Svendson, Balson, Fiddler, Winther, Danyluk, Herle-or possibly Dale.

I don't see any surprises to the defensive group, and if there should there be any surprise challenges to the forward group I would think that Danyluk or Winther would be most vulnerable being that they are 16 year olds and there is no rush to have them play this season, and one or both of them may be incubated in the same way as Balson last season. But if I was a betting man, I would bet that the only real competition will be between Herle & Dale for role of fourth line enforcer/agitator. If they both scrap and claw their way onto the team then Bruno will have to choose between one of the 16 year olds.

I think the d looks pretty solid, especially our top 3, and I really like the addition of Bourhis. Our forward corps is a nice mixture of skill, speed and toughness, AND very young.

Raider Believer
08-18-2010, 04:45 PM
So I got bored and wanted to see what some of the battles at camp would look like. So I broke down the team a bit , anything you don't agree with add on.

Returning players (forsure)
Ravenko-Maylan-Herrod
-Mcneil-
-Svendsen-Parker(although rumour is he isnt returning)

which means 6 or 7 potential battles at forward

Going to be interesting you see what physical players make the team this year. Brock Balson ,Mathew Berry-Lamontagna , Chance Braid , James Bettauer , T.J. Constant , Daniel Dale , and Marc Mackenzie will probably make it a tough camp for Herle. Also add into the mix Winther, Danyluk ,Fiddler and Steuart into the mix. My guess is Bruno will want to put Winther Fiddler and Danyluk into a offensive role possibly with Mcneil. A line that could be together for 3 more years. MAckenzie and Balson will also be tough to cut .

Deck - Button
Rowley - Ruopp
Yaworsk - Hrynyk

At first glance Bourhis ,Matthew Waseylenko and Connor Sutton seem to be candidates to stick with the team. But I think Mathew Berry-Lamontagna will also challenge for a position.

Tucker is the only sure thing for goalies making the roster. It should be his team to carry this year. Eric Williams , Jacob Edwards and Brenden Fiebelkorn will battle for the 2nd string.

I think you can pencil in MacKenzie & Balson with the returning guys. Even if both Winther & Danyluk do make the team, and I'm not sure this is a given, but probably likely given they were high draft picks, I don't see Bruno throwing them or Fiddler on a line with McNeil. It is a huge jump from major midget to WHL. And none of those three players are particularly robust or physical. I wouldn't want to see McNeil having to carry two soft wingers. Although we do seem to be tougher than last season, I am still concerned about the toughness level of Danyluk, Svendson, Fiddler & Winther .... lots of skill but not a lot of sandpaper and thump factor. :karate:

Raider Believer
08-20-2010, 01:35 PM
The Raiders open training camp on the 26th with fourteen holdovers from last year's team and Sebastian Svendson who split time between the Vancouver Giants and Edmonton Oil Kings. He was acquired in the Jordan Hickmott trade (Hickmott a 20 year old forward was dealt to Edmonton for Svendson and a third round draft choice).

Coach and G.M. Bruno Campese says this is the core of the team...the players they will rely on to take the next step and return to post season play for the first time in four years.

Campese insists the veterans will be ready to set the example for the rookies.

"I think it's part of our culture...they certainly understand...they've gone to work... there is not one returning veteran we know...and we track our veterans very closely...as far as their conditioning is concerned... to this point there is not one veteran that we know that is not going to be ready for camp".

The old adage is every job is up for grabs, but Campese says that doesn't told true when you have players like Brandon Herrod who is coming off a 37 goal season and stalwarts on defence like Nathan Deck, Jordan Rowley and Ryan Button.

"The players we have kept.. we feel they are the our core...the guys we are going to lean on heavily this year to get us going and they have done their homework and I would be extremely surprised if any one of those guys lost their jobs".

However Campese insists they will take the best players from training camp into the regular season and beyond.

"I think there were some instances last year where guys didn't get the ice they thought they should and as a result just aren't here right now. We have made some of those decisions already. Jordan Kochan's not here.. Garrett Taylor's not here. We have removed some of the players we thought were going to be in a real stretch (to make the team)".