PDA

View Full Version : patterson signs with flames

wango tango
07-16-2010, 09:11 AM
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports/Patterson+inks+deal+with+Flames/3285123/story.html

patterson signs with calgary, zahn will get a long look for tampa's ahl team, viedensky has a chance to stick with san jose's ahl team in worcester.

it's a good thing the blades have a deep pool of 20's to choose from for next season.

how the 20's and euro situations sort themselves out could go a long way to showing what this team will be like.

Trav
07-16-2010, 05:14 PM
I wouldn't call it a deep pool if Viedensky and Patterson are both gone, theirs no offensive guy although Acolatse can put the puck in the net at times and he'd be a lock to stay if Viedensky and Patterson go. Other then Acolatse, the only other twenties I'd consider would be those three, Zahn and Stanford. There's other 20's out there that'll be available that I think that are better then MacNaught, Toomey and Boyer.

BladesFan_2010
07-16-2010, 10:14 PM
What are you, nuts? Why would you keep Stanford after he bit the bullet in last year's playoffs? Morrison is 18 and he SHOULD be the starter after all he's gone through. He would have played in the playoffs last year if he didn't suffer a concussion from a Jiri Nyemi slapshot in practice. This way, you play Mo for the next couple years and groom a backup when Mo leaves.

The only thing Acolatse did consistently was have his mouthpiece hanging half way out of his mouth when he was on the ice. I think Les Lazaruk made the point that for a 20 year old he has to supply some offensive punch. Now, let's assume that Patterson and Viedensky don't come back. I think Zahn stays, if only because he'd be the team captain. I think Toomey won't be back he's too inconsistent for a big man. I think Boyer, McNaught and Zahn stay.

Trav
07-16-2010, 11:35 PM
Acolatse can play forward and defense, he can score and play physical, thats why you keep him if there's a spot open. Stanford is better then Morrison, hate to break it to ya, Morrison is to inconsistent and having him as the starter next year would scare me if he doesn't get over that inconsistency problem.

The Blades 20's are only deep if Patterson, Zahn and Viedensky come back, if they don't then Acolatse and Stanford would be the top two, Boyer would be in there seeing how he did well in the playoffs but during the regular season he was a bit disappointing seeing how he scored 20 the year before in Seattle. Toomey and MacNaught I would not keep around. Toomey would be kept ahead of MacNaught.

Your twenties are supposed to be top six forwards or top four d-men.