PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Smith

Rebelsfan13
07-22-2010, 07:59 AM
Jeff Smith is still playing professional hockey. Pretty impressive considering he wasn't a naturally talented player. What is also impressive is that he won a Memorial Cup, ECHL Cup, AHL Cup, and another in Europe. Here is an article

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-warwickshire-sport/coventry-blaze-ice-hockey/coventry-blaze-news/2010/07/22/coventry-blaze-secure-a-massive-signing-92746-26908180/

Brandonite
07-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Jeff Smith is still playing professional hockey. Pretty impressive considering he wasn't a naturally talented player. What is also impressive is that he won a Memorial Cup, ECHL Cup, AHL Cup, and another in Europe. Here is an article

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-warwickshire-sport/coventry-blaze-ice-hockey/coventry-blaze-news/2010/07/22/coventry-blaze-secure-a-massive-signing-92746-26908180/

He also sports one of the biggest high stick goals in the playoffs against Brandon...I think some wheat kings fans are still stinging from that brutal call.

SectionNDeserter
07-22-2010, 03:24 PM
They must be, if you are still bitter about one goal in a semi-final game a decade ago. ;)

Rebelsfan13
07-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Wow, that is holding a grudge. Was that the 2001-2002 season? I imagine then you would still remeber being up 3 games to 1 and the Rebels coming back and winning three straight. See I don't remember the high stick but I do remember the amazing come back and winning in double OT in game 6!

Brandonite
07-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Wow, that is holding a grudge. Was that the 2001-2002 season? I imagine then you would still remeber being up 3 games to 1 and the Rebels coming back and winning three straight. See I don't remember the high stick but I do remember the amazing come back and winning in double OT in game 6!

What you guys dont understand is that I really could care less...literally! Like you said, that was about 10 years ago (which was right around the age when I really looked up to alot of the players) and was a huge fan at a younger age. At the time, I definitely cared and was choked but to this day I don't care one bit if Brandon wins or loses. I just thought I'd throw that out there about Smith because that is 100% the 1 thing he is rememberd by in Brandon. Fan or not, 10 years ago or 5 years ago...it was a high stick that Smith will always be rememberd