PDA

View Full Version : raiders tigers blockbuster

wango tango
07-27-2010, 01:47 PM
http://whl.ca/tigers-acquire-ryan-harrison-from-raiders-p143421

Tiger Trauma
07-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Can someone give me a scouting report on Ryan harrison?

EOK1
07-27-2010, 04:27 PM
LOL PA.

Dwight Schrute
07-27-2010, 06:46 PM
oh my

Sabes
07-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Obviously Med Hat wins this deal at first because Harrison is a quality player but the Raiders have potential to take this deal easily. Fiddler is a top notch prospect.

Raider Believer
07-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Obviously Med Hat wins this deal at first because Harrison is a quality player but the Raiders have potential to take this deal easily. Fiddler is a top notch prospect.

Bruno is building his offence with youth. Fiddler, McNeil, MacKenzie, Balson, Winther & Danyluk. A very good forward grouping of 93s and 94s. They'll be battling the Blades to win the East in 2013 and then ....think Memorial Cup.

Dwight Schrute
07-28-2010, 12:20 AM
why the need to trade harrison ?

EOK1
07-28-2010, 12:51 AM
why the need to trade harrison ?

He wanted out.

westbeach55
07-28-2010, 07:52 AM
wanted out, couldn't finish and play a consitent game makes you wonder why he was passed up at nhl draft.

Raider Believer
07-28-2010, 09:15 AM
wanted out, couldn't finish and play a consitent game makes you wonder why he was passed up at nhl draft.

Scouting Reports
Ryan Harrison is 5'10 185 lbs who put up 54 pts in 72 games as a 17 year old. It was rumored that he wanted out of P.A. Michael Remmerde an NHL scout has this to say about him.

"Gritty little guy oozes leadership and does whatever it takes to win. But his size and skill combination is underwhelming. One of those guys who you want to succeed. Decent speed and so-so offensive ability, but I hoped he'd put the puck in the net a lot more. Even if he doesn't make an impact in the NHL, he's the sort of player who can be a leader on your AHL squad. Worth a middle round pick."

Joe Hallenback
07-28-2010, 10:57 AM
The rebuild of forever

EOK1
07-28-2010, 11:32 AM
He blames the Raiders and Campese for him not being drafted.

Dwight Schrute
07-28-2010, 11:52 AM
He blames the Raiders and Campese for him not being drafted.

well, safe money would be that he'd be drafted had he played on any other team. i saw fiddler a lot, hope he can do well, but he was riding shotgun with forsburg all year.i bet harrison hits 85 pts this year.

not a fan of this move at all. and i really dont like another player being added to the list of those who leave, want out, or dont report. especially one as good as harrison

Raider Believer
07-28-2010, 12:34 PM
well, safe money would be that he'd be drafted had he played on any other team. i saw fiddler a lot, hope he can do well, but he was riding shotgun with forsburg all year.i bet harrison hits 85 pts this year.

not a fan of this move at all. and i really dont like another player being added to the list of those who leave, want out, or dont report. especially one as good as harrison

PA for sure has had their share of guys wanting out, but so do the other teams. Just that we're familiar with PA politics.

Dwight Schrute
07-28-2010, 12:46 PM
PA for sure has had their share of guys wanting out, but so do the other teams. Just that we're familiar with PA politics.

its a vast increase the past 3 years, some quality players but also lots of quality people. bruno would say attitude or character issues, never that a kid cant stand him and wont report

Joe Hallenback
07-28-2010, 01:01 PM
I feel bad for the PA fans mostly. He is the type of guy you should be building around and really this year and next year should be your guys year but now your stuck in that eternal rebuild.

One thing KM does in Brandon is he will takes guys and make sure they want to be here. Schenn did not want to come to Brandon but KM sold him on it and it worked out great for him. He took a troubled kid in Glennie and got him drafted in the first round top 10. Look at a guy like Ferland not drafted in the bantam draft and he gets drafted.

Even with all the guys we are losing next season I think we will be better than PA now and that is saying something about our 2 orgs. One has a plan in place and sticks too it and the other does not.

I have said it before about PA they need to go back to be a tough hard working group. They need to make it so teams HATE going to PA to play like they used to be. If they had a team like that maybe guys wouldn't hesitate to head up there.

EOK1
07-28-2010, 02:16 PM
the boys club that is the Board of Governors in PA needs to go and be changed. McPhee and his oink needs to be pushed out because the organization is stuck with a certain image and it starts with them somewhat. That isn't the reason why Harrison wanted out, but it's a part of the franchise that needs to be changed.

patsdude114
07-28-2010, 03:20 PM
well its a nice deal for MH thats forsure but PA could very well win this deal in a year or 2.

But with that said its a far cry from a blockbuster as the thread headline is lol

EOK1
07-28-2010, 03:48 PM
14 goals isn't a lot for a 2nd year player playing top line minutes. They just got Fiddler to replace the aboriginal flavor with the departure of McCallum.,lol

HockeyGuru
07-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Buyer Beware with Fiddler...when your Midget AAA team doesn't even want you back after leading league in scoring..somethings wrong.This is the same kid who quit SJHL La Ronge Ice wolves during playoffs(AP Callup)to play in a native tournament.....Huge Character Issues.

EOK1
07-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Buyer Beware with Fiddler...when your Midget AAA team doesn't even want you back after leading league in scoring..somethings wrong.This is the same kid who quit SJHL La Ronge Ice wolves during playoffs(AP Callup)to play in a native tournament.....Huge Character Issues.

A. He's a '93, which would still leave him eligible to play AAA and I don't get where you think they wouldn't want him back?
B. He was only an AP and the Ice Wolves gave him the option to stay with the Wolves or to join Team Saskatchewan.

Your should change your username, cause you know **** all.

Raider Believer
07-28-2010, 10:16 PM
A. He's a '93, which would still leave him eligible to play AAA and I don't get where you think they wouldn't want him back?
B. He was only an AP and the Ice Wolves gave him the option to stay with the Wolves or to join Team Saskatchewan.

Your should change your username, cause you know **** all.

I completely agree with the last statement. This 'Hockey Guru' blogger (parent) is obviously trying to slag all the competition that will be trying out against their son come main camp. Not too hard to figure out who .....just read previous posts. Quite funny and very transparent.

Wildeyes
07-28-2010, 11:45 PM
This might be a good deal. it depends on which Fiddler shows up. I have watched Fiddler a couple of times this year and i found him to be a little lazy on the ice. He would like to hang out at the red line and wait for passes. For Fiddler to be effective in PA he would need to put out hard work every night.

Austin Bourhis is a neat pick up if he is willing to use his PIMS for the good. He would need to be out tough guy along with Mackenzie like Joe Hallenback said make teams scared to come and play against us.

Raider Believer
07-29-2010, 12:31 AM
This might be a good deal. it depends on which Fiddler shows up. I have watched Fiddler a couple of times this year and i found him to be a little lazy on the ice. He would like to hang out at the red line and wait for passes. For Fiddler to be effective in PA he would need to put out hard work every night.

Austin Bourhis is a neat pick up if he is willing to use his PIMS for the good. He would need to be out tough guy along with Mackenzie like Joe Hallenback said make teams scared to come and play against us.

Is anyone even a little bit worried about the number of 16 and 17 year old forwards projected to be on the team? I know the future looks good but... do we need to worry about this year? Will they be able to compete? All the projections seem to suggest that we will have 6 forwards who are 16 or 17 years old. McNeil, MacKenzie, Balson, Fiddler are the 17 year olds and Winther and Danyluk the 16 year olds. That is a lot of very young forwards, half of which have never played junior hockey at all, let alone the WHL!

patsdude114
07-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Its not a blockbuster ? What do you mean ? Harrison did get 14 goals and ooozes leadership.... Where do they get these scouting reports from? Haha

nope its not a blockbuster by any standards but i guess u do live in PA so anything is possible.

Not trying to be a douche but Harrison being the only proven player in this trade doesnt make it a blockbuster it flies in under the radar really. A very minor trade to say the least.