PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Changes???

Flathead
05-11-2005, 10:49 PM
I was told the other day that come opening night we may only have about six players from last years squad, and to start listening for the trades to begin. Dean apparentley wants to add a lot of size to the team. Adding size is alright, but some much needed scoring would be nice as well! So lets say that this does come true, which six would you keep from last years team?? For myself I would keep, Moir, Rumsey, Hunter, Aspenlind, Desloges and Leckovic. It's a tough call, sounds like things are going to get interesting and we will have a lot to discuss.
Also heard that season ticket sales are already going well, imagine that lower the prices and people buy them. Let's pack the CCC, this year :thumb:

Broncs in RD
05-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Where did you get that from? I think leavold, schenderling, brisebois and Larochelle and the 6 you listed as well will be back.

Scout
05-12-2005, 07:56 AM
I think we will see lots of changes and our team will get alot tougher. Dean is known for big, tough teams as we saw in Seattle. I like his coaching style of playing all the players. We have alot of good players up and coming in Bortis, Postma, Nelson, Benke, Yonkman, and others. Good job by the scouts on some of these players. We will still be young but faster i think. What players will be gone? I think we all have opinions on this but there will have to be some to make room. Hunter i think is safe easily. All the rest i'm not sure.

Scout

Flathead
05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Where did you get that from? I think leavold, schenderling, brisebois and Larochelle and the 6 you listed as well will be back.

six was just a number he threw out, a guesstimate. But he was sure that a lot of changes will be happening. Where did I get it from.........he gets his paycheck from the Broncos!

Toswammi
05-12-2005, 05:26 PM
I think i said something to this earlier in the offseason. Moir, Hunter, & Rumsey are all locks for the team next year. I remember Dean or Dave saying they are about as untouchable as it gets, or it would have to be some kind of deal to get them. From there I would venture to guess Aspenlind, Leavold, and maybe Desloges and Lloyd.
On the otherside its been said that the Broncos will pick up 2 euros in the draft, and apparently Dave was doing some scouting at the U18's while coaching with Canada.
Lastly its great to see ticket sales going good, i would love to pick some up, but i really dont know where i will be living in 3-4 months. (Kinda weird how optimism and beer help sales)

Flathead
05-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Lastly its great to see ticket sales going good, i would love to pick some up, but i really dont know where i will be living in 3-4 months. (Kinda weird how optimism and beer help sales)

I would say it has a lot to do with the fact that the season ticket prices have been lowered and their are a few different options when buying. Beer and optimism help some too.