PDA

View Full Version : New team Captain

lostsheep
08-27-2010, 09:19 AM
With camp under way im curious to see others opinion on a team Captain. I know we dont know who all is going to be returning, or who will be there come Oct 10, but im sure we all have some idea of who might be back. Maybe a better question may be what will that player need to be, to the team. Strong in the room, or a leave it one the ice and lead by example type of guy. In my opinion some good examples would be ( excluding 20yrs olds) Curtis Hamilton, Charles Inglis, Darian Dziurzynski. I hope all three of these players can have great seasons this year. My choices are based only on what i see from the stands. Hamilton plays hard and gives you 100% every night hes out there. He plays in both ends and isnt afraid of being physical, a good role model for younger players. Darian is very physical, and plays hard every night. when hes on the ice he is dependable and you know what to expect from him. Steady play in any situation. He has spoken up in the media when it was called for as well so i can only surmise his room presence would be the same. Inglis is a team motivator, he is loud on and off the ice with a great team attitude. Hes a bit of an aggitator, and a hard player to play against. All three would be good candidate in my opinion:groovy:
________
DEPAKOTE LAWSUIT INFO (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/depakote/)

Trav
08-27-2010, 02:34 PM
If Zahn and Patterson are both back, one of them will be captain with the other being an "A". The other two "A"'s I imagine will be Hamilton and Inglis although Viedensky could be a leader to.

lostsheep
08-28-2010, 08:16 AM
I agree 100%, i look forward to a new leader to step up this season.
________
JUSTIN BIEBER FANS (http://justinbieberfan.info/)

BladesFan_2010
08-30-2010, 03:46 PM
Your 20 year olds are always going to be team captain I would think. Zahn is the obvious choice here, as he took on more of a leadership role last year with Hulak. If he doesn't come back, then it would be Patterson maybe. Toomey is a great leader, but man, he has to produce this year if he wants to stick around. Last year his +/- went down considerably and he took penalties at the worst times too.

So yeah, Zahn is the no-brainer here, providing he comes back, then it would be Patterson. After that, maybe Elliott?

Trav
08-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Doubt Toomey will be a Blade this year.

BladesFan_2010
08-31-2010, 05:08 PM
I know. I said he HAS to produce more and stop taking bad penalties if he wants to stick around.