PDA

View Full Version : Inglis traded to PG for a 2nd round pick in 2011

Trav
09-06-2010, 04:41 PM
http://www.saskatoonblades.com/News/Blades_News/1044/

lordstanley
09-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Told you all there would be a anouncment today i'm glad it's all over and a second round pick is pretty darn good

SectionNDeserter
09-06-2010, 05:03 PM
It will practically be a late first rounder. Will be interesting to see if he reports now.

Trav
09-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Would be something if he didn't lol but I hope for the Blades sake he does, least for part of the season, then he can demand a trade.

reims
09-06-2010, 05:12 PM
It will practically be a late first rounder. Will be interesting to see if he reports now.

Gee .... Do You think the brodskys had sumthin to do with this hmmm .... I would have liked to see An instant player for inglis but maybe with his off ice activities his trade value was prettu low...

Trav
09-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Considering the circumstances, Blades did well in my opinion, wasn't expecting a player and even if he they did get one, doubt that player would have been any better then the guys they have trying out for the third-forth lines and in that case I'd take the 2nd round pick since it'll probably be a high 2nd anyways.

lordstanley
09-06-2010, 06:21 PM
I like this too i mean look what we got back for a guy like Wacey Rabbit it was a second rounder wich turned out to be Sutter or Thrower so not to bad

Dwight Schrute
09-06-2010, 07:36 PM
inglis was a 4th overall pick right ? and cost another 4th cause of tampering rules. you got 2 seasons, and then regained a 2nd......... not a bad deal

wish we could have done that with cole penner

lostsheep
09-06-2010, 08:20 PM
wow i would have rather seen a player trade. this could turn out to be really positve if a good player turns up in the draft, but leaves us short up the middle if Gaelan, or Marek dont
return.
________
WHAT IS LOVE (http://www.love-help.org/)

Trav
09-06-2010, 08:42 PM
I think it's pretty much a guarantee Viedensky will be back, the Sharks have been open by saying they would have no problem having Viedensky finish his junior career this year rather then in the AHL where he'd get less playing time.

Trav
09-06-2010, 08:43 PM
inglis was a 4th overall pick right ? and cost another 4th cause of tampering rules. you got 2 seasons, and then regained a 2nd......... not a bad deal

wish we could have done that with cole penner

The Cole Penner fiasco should haunt who ever was the one that picked him for a long long time.

wango tango
09-06-2010, 10:58 PM
this is addition by subtraction.

getting anything at all for him is a plus.

hopefully a change of scenery will help him.

a message had to be sent.

lordstanley
09-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Wow we don't have many returning Fowards from last years roster now

Hamilton
Nicholls
Dziurzynski
Benson
Gogol

Then 2 of these guys
Viedensky
Patterson
Acolatse
Toomey
Boyer
McNaught

So 7 returning fowards and 5 rookie fowards wow i think it will look a little something like this

Hamilton
Viedensky
Nicholls
Dziurzynski
Acolatse
Benson
Gogol
Stransky
Bews
Sutter
Olsen
Stovin
A.Elliott

lordstanley
09-06-2010, 11:53 PM
I could see us using that second round pick for a third line depth player that can put up Inglis numbers they could have tried that with Inglis but i think they wanted to get this situation over with as quick as possible

Trav
09-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Bews and Sutter may be rookies on paper but having stepped in to lineup last year during the playoffs I think that will benefit those two a lot this year. They already know what to expect and I think both are going to be key players over the next few years.

The Inglis trade does give the Blades some options, they can a pick or some picks to get a 2nd-3rd line forward from someone.

the flying moose
09-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Any insight to what are the "team rules" he broke which caused him to be traded?

lordstanley
09-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Probably hitting the clubs past curfew as a under ager and possible causing a fight not a 100 % on the fight but i know he went out alot so you never know

reims
09-07-2010, 11:34 AM
sure would be nice to see novotny from the broncos come to the blades!! we could use his offence this year and have a open import spot with niemi not coming back.

Dwight Schrute
09-07-2010, 12:49 PM
The Cole Penner fiasco should haunt who ever was the one that picked him for a long long time.

well thing is he was ranked top 5 in every mock draft, and rating list. if pa hadnt have picked him someone else would have. luck of the draw. just like im sure stoon would have rather had connelly then inglis.

its a combination of bruno campese, and a brainless talented kid, a idiot father, and a lot of bad attitudes and no maturity. should be a lesson for all in the whl to learn, and all kids coming up

lostsheep
09-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Stransky, and Marek would be our two imports if im not mistaken, or statsny if that ever gets resolved. My wish is still for a strong center who can produce as many points as Inglis. We have an agitator in Gogol, and a few players that can drop the mits if required. Our young players like Sutter, and Bews will have plenty of chances to prove themselves this year. If Patterson and Marek come back that would leave us a chance to address things later in the year for sure.
________
Wendie 99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

Rye
09-07-2010, 01:46 PM
Probably hitting the clubs past curfew as a under ager and possible causing a fight not a 100 % on the fight but i know he went out alot so you never know

You're actually bang on.

reims
09-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Stransky, and Marek would be our two imports if im not mistaken, or statsny if that ever gets resolved. My wish is still for a strong center who can produce as many points as Inglis. We have an agitator in Gogol, and a few players that can drop the mits if required. Our young players like Sutter, and Bews will have plenty of chances to prove themselves this year. If Patterson and Marek come back that would leave us a chance to address things later in the year for sure.

ya but stransky is young and wont necessarily even make the team

BladesFan_2010
09-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Inglis didn't produce much in the second half of the season last year. It looked to me like he wasn't using his wrist shot enough later on in the year. He has the talent but chose to run his mouth and fight instead of score. Don't get me wrong, when I sit behind the penalty box it's fun to listen to, but sometimes you need to put up points on the board.

Steveo34
09-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Well I don't like this move..Inglis was one of the better players I've seen in Stoon for a while, it's a shame to see him go.

lordstanley
09-07-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm hearing Viedensky wont be back now either........Viedensky is going to Vitkovice if he doesn't make Worecester
He has a ready contract over there

Trav
09-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Well until I read something like that in the paper, I'm not going to worry bout it, most rumours are just that...rumours but if he does go then I can see the Blades going after Novotny. I like to see Stransky be given a good opportunity to play here.

lordstanley
09-07-2010, 07:19 PM
It is a rumor as of now but keep in mind i was also told by Charles he was getting traded before the media knew marek told me this on facebook so take it for what you will as for Stransky i would hope they pick up a more vet euro foward who has WHL expierence .

lostsheep
09-07-2010, 09:56 PM
and the plot thickens! So up the middle we have Nicholls, Benson, Sutter, for sure Marek, Gaelan, Travis, as possibles. I would hope that there could be a trade made for a 1st or second line center, who has some WHL mileage under thier belt. Novotny is listed as RW, there was rumbings last year about Glennie being traded. Or maybe go for a guy like Jimmy Bubnick, a guy who has been there. We could shoot for the moon and go for Jordan Weal, but i dont think thats required. Iguess time will tell, once we know who will be back and who wont.
________
buttsex Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/anal-sex/)

RenegadeStylings
09-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Would Calgary have any reason to move Bubnick though? He would be a great guy to target if he was actually available.

So could someone post a rough lineup of how you think they may look?

Trav
09-08-2010, 12:18 AM
It is a rumor as of now but keep in mind i was also told by Charles he was getting traded before the media knew marek told me this on facebook so take it for what you will as for Stransky i would hope they pick up a more vet euro foward who has WHL expierence .

Funny, Marek just told me a bit ago there's no contract, it's fake, when I asked him bout it lol.

lordstanley
09-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Well he must be playing games with you im sure he didn't want me to leak that info out but i got to excited

lostsheep
09-08-2010, 04:36 PM
stirring the pot, i love the drama
________
vapir oxygen vaporizer (http://oxygenvaporizer.com)

lordstanley
09-08-2010, 04:41 PM
lol all in good fun we will just wait and see what hapends the Blades really need Marek back in the worst way getting a little low on centermen here

Trav
09-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Lol I'm pretty sure if he had a contract to be signed back in Europe, we wouldve heard bout it already in the news.

Not only that, he's signed by the Sharks, how can he go and sign a contract with a European team if he's already signed by the NHL club? lol enough with ur BS lol.

lordstanley
09-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Are you kidding i'm suprised the Paper even talks about the Blades a little it's a football town the cities coverage on the Blades is so horrid .

lostsheep
09-08-2010, 05:25 PM
i agree either Patterson or Marek or both in a perfect world would need to come back. No offence to our other players like Benson, Nicholls or Sutter, but a bonified first line center would be nice. if that cant happen a trade option should be looked at.
________
Female advice dicussion (http://www.love-help.org/female-advice/)

Dwight Schrute
09-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Are you kidding i'm suprised the Paper even talks about the Blades a little it's a football town the cities coverage on the Blades is so horrid .

the amount of people who even care about the blades in saskatoon is so small its horrible. i laugh at those that say they could have a nhl or ahl team here.

in a city this size how is the fan base so small.

lordstanley
09-08-2010, 06:56 PM
the amount of people who even care about the blades in saskatoon is so small its horrible. i laugh at those that say they could have a nhl or ahl team here.

in a city this size how is the fan base so small.

I couldn't agree more but the true season ticket holders that come out are great very friendly and very knowledgble we just need another 5 thou of those to come out

lostsheep
09-08-2010, 07:52 PM
I dont live in S'toon, but for the last 3yrs i have gotten 5 seats woth of season tickets. I drive 400Km/per game and last year i only missed 4 home games. I realy wish the team could draw out more fans a full arena is a great atmospere. I also wish the few fans that show up were a whole lot louder. There is no way we could suport a NHL team and why would we want a AHL team. Our Blades are great entertainment and are priced right for everbody. My seats cost me what it does to take my family to one Oiler game.
________
WASHINGTON MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://washington.dispensaries.org/)