PDA

View Full Version : Pats sign Beukeboom

witness
09-10-2010, 02:00 PM
With the Pats signing Beukeboom (a 16 year old) and the emergence of Hewitt (an 18 year old), does that give the Pats some leverage to trade Ketlo or Guhle?

I don't think you can have enough goaltending depth, but there should be a market for either of these guys. I can see the Pats going with 2 - 18 year olds or maybe an 18 and a 16 year old.

The one thing that has disappointed me is that for a team that is rebuilding, there are not a lot of 16 year olds still in camp.

west coast
09-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Dont count on the new kid or Hewitt to replace either Hewitt or Guhle.They are in camp to push last years duo.They are staking their claim on the depth charts.Last season proved that the goaltending depth wasnt sufficient.I am not sure which sixteen year old players have a shot to stick other than Peel on defence as a part time player.

west coast
09-10-2010, 07:41 PM
looks like the youngster gets the start tonight against Brandon .Good luck.Cory Nyygard is recovering from knee surgery .He would be no.3 in my books and getting primed to make a legitimate shot at playing in a full time role next year.Alot of people dont think it would be a good idea to spend the 3rd 20 year old position on a goalie.I disagree.A good 20 year old goolie could carry this team on his back and would be a calming influence on the young defenceman.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-11-2010, 02:04 PM
This kid looked pretty good last night. Likes to stay a bit deep in the net, and you can tell he isnt quite ready for the big time, but overall a good signing, and most likely in future plans.

Its too bad some of the team infront of him quit around the 3rd period mark. This game was pretty revealing in showing who really wants to/should make this team.