PDA

View Full Version : blades preseason

reims
09-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Was at the game tonight against moose jaw, and saw a very good moose jaw team with just as much if not better young talent then the blades..on the upside sena acolatse is lookin like a good pick to be a very good 20 year old in this league...toomey looked average and stanford showed some good stuff (mind you only one period played)...if patterson doesnt come back (which i highly doubt he is returned to the blades), i would take zahn acolatse and viedensky...also if dzuirzynski finds his scoring touch he could have a break out season, he had at least 4 prime scoring chances and got nothing...the cage could have been bothering him a bit. As a team the blades were flat...coulda been the 200 fans that showed up...pretty sad when there are more players then fans...a bit of exageration but not much!

RenegadeStylings
09-12-2010, 03:11 PM
I was in Moose Jaw on Friday night, and I also agree that I was very very impressed with what the Warriors had to offer.

Thar 16 year old Morgan Reilly is going to be a stud and maybe even a top 5 pick in 2 years time.

lostsheep
09-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Sena looked like he really wants to be here. Toomey looked like he had mailed it in. The fan support was also a disgrace, i know its pre season but come on. I enjoy pre season it give us all a chance to see the direction the team will be going in the next year or two. I really hope the next game at home ( 18th ) is better attended
________
FREE STREAMING AMATEUR POR (http://www.****tube.com/)

BladesFan_2010
09-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Lost, it's good to get your prospective on things. I will be attending the Saturday home game, it will be interesting to see what happens to the 20 year olds that play. I have to admit that Toomey looks like he should put up bigger numbers than what he has. Sure he is a decent defensive forward (though how can that even be said since his +/- went from plus 19 to even in the last two years). You'd think for a big body he'd do better than he does.

wango tango
09-13-2010, 09:58 PM
toomey's single biggest obstacle is little, to no, foot speed. if he had better wheels he would be a much better, and more dangerous player.

reims
09-14-2010, 01:47 AM
i agree i think toomey and stanford are being shopped right now around the league.

Trav
09-14-2010, 06:32 AM
The Flames would be wise to send Patterson back for another year but since their farm system is so friggin pathetic, it'd be easy to make their AHL team. How Sutter is able to keep his job still is beyond me.

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah I would like to see Patterson back here for one more season. After all Sutter did trade Pfaneuf to the Leafs:D

I think the Blades are doing ok in the pre season so far. Tyler Kizuik better improve or I could see him being traded or a rookie take his place. I think that Williamson has the edge over Vandane right now.

RenegadeStylings
09-14-2010, 12:39 PM
I watched some of that NHL rookie tournament from Penticton last night and Patterson did not look out of place AT ALL.

Makes me think that the Flames brass will likely play him in the AHL this year, which I think is the correct move.

This 20 year old situation is starting to sort itself out as I would expect that Patterson, Niemi and Sanford are all likely gone for sure by this point.

We really need Viedensky back.

lordstanley
09-14-2010, 01:33 PM
Yeah I would like to see Patterson back here for one more season. After all Sutter did trade Pfaneuf to the Leafs:D

I think the Blades are doing ok in the pre season so far. Tyler Kizuik better improve or I could see him being traded or a rookie take his place. I think that Williamson has the edge over Vandane right now.

I gotta disagree with you on this one Kiziuk i thought has got alot better his first 2 games against P.A were great he is showing more grit with his size and foot speed has picked up a bit and for Williamson he wont be here after this weekend he is way to slow hood flew past him like a joke for a goal saturday making him look like a peewee player

Steveo34
09-14-2010, 05:05 PM
Well today the Blades re-assigned rookie goalie Adam Todd, no big news here but I thought I'd share it. Is Adam Morrison back for this year?

Trav
09-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Not really surprised to see Todd re-assigned. He's young, he'll be back in the future. He needs to control his rebounds a lot better. I think Oswald will be the backup, just a prediction.

lostsheep
09-14-2010, 05:59 PM
i liked the improvment that Vandane showed from last year to now. It looks like his latteral movement has improved and he has good size. Sutter seems like he is going to be a spunky player this year, i hope it leads to drawing penalties not getting them. I would like to say we are looking good, and there are somethings left to sort out. if we make trades i still would like to see a big tough 1st line centerman. i dont know what the trade bait may be, but i would also like to see Stanford stick around. Even if he stayed for the first couple months to gain as many early season points as possible. Sorry my spell checker isnt working and it has never been a strong suit:p
________
tits Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/big-tits/)

lordstanley
09-14-2010, 06:24 PM
I sure hope we don't keep Stanford for 2 months then decide to start Morrison

Morrison is ready he is 19 has been drafted by philly the guy is good not a stud but good enough and with our strong defense he will be fine only having to stop a little over 23 shots per game

lostsheep
09-14-2010, 06:29 PM
i havent seen him this year, if he stays i hope he gets some confidence early. his rebound control last year was very spotty, our defence is strong and will have to be accountable for tieing up the players around the net. he is ready if his head is in the game. i guess that would develop after some time as #1. either way we have a good backstop!
________
redheaded Cam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/redhead-girls/)

lordstanley
09-14-2010, 06:32 PM
NHL scouts also see something seeing as Morrison is in NHL camp and Stanford is with us i will be happy either way but i just feel we need 2 20 year old fowards this year cause were lacking a bit up depth up front talented yes but still a bit young and a 20 year old on the backend

Trav
09-14-2010, 06:52 PM
You sure have a lot of confidence in Morrison. Morrison was to damn inconsistent last year and it did not start after Stanford started getting more games lol, the reason why Stanford was getting more games was because Morrison wasn't showing he can be the number one guy.
Stanford played very well and I'd keep him over Morrison any day but Morrosin could be thanking the overage limit pretty soon.

I'd keep Stanford and Oswald and then next year have Oswald and Todd in net.

lordstanley
09-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Well i totally disagree with you but thats with this board is for to voice our opinions right ? anyways lets get this season started 10 sleeps away :clap:

Steveo34
09-14-2010, 07:04 PM
I sure hope we don't keep Stanford for 2 months then decide to start Morrison

Morrison is ready he is 19 has been drafted by philly the guy is good not a stud but good enough and with our strong defense he will be fine only having to stop a little over 23 shots per game

I agree, Morrison is good but not great, the team just basicly has to step up the offence, no 2-1 losses like I'm so used to seeing..

slkone
09-14-2010, 08:23 PM
While I won't say that Morrison is a great goalie he played well for the Blades last year when he was really the only goalie that they had. Once they brought Stanford in and Morrison was pushed for the starting job his game seemed to go downhill. That being said if he is the starter in Saskatoon and not really pressured by (Oswald or Iwan) for the starting job he may be ok.

RenegadeStylings
09-14-2010, 08:48 PM
If Morrison is going to be the guy this year (which I think he will be) there is no way Sanford is around to start the year. Both Iwan and Oswald have shown they are good enough to be capable backups, especially if Morrison is going to be starting a huge chunk of the games. The guy is 19 and I still think he has the ability to take the reigns and run with the job.

Not sure if Sanford can be used as a tradeable asset at this point in time, but if he isn't, he is easily a castoff as a 20 year old.

Trav
09-14-2010, 08:50 PM
If he can't handle being pressured by other goaltenders then that's a big concern cuz then it makes u wonder how he'll be able to handle the pressures when it comes to playoffs.

If Morrison can show that he's rid of the inconsistency issues and shows that he can be a good starting goaltender then thats great, keep him as the starter, it's not that I don't like the guy, just I'm not confident with him in net.

BladesFan_2010
09-15-2010, 12:13 AM
I have to agree with Renegade, I can't see Stanford staying, which is good for two reasons. First, because of his poor play in the playoffs against Brandon. Secondly, it's more important that we keep our 20 year old forwards and/or Zahn.

As for Kizuik, I haven't seen him play yet this year, but last year it seemed like he got benched A LOT. Usually a player who is that inconsistent wouldn't play that much, but lots of times he sat and Acolatse took his place on defense. Does he actually look improved?

I would love to watch the exhibition game Saturday night, but it's the final night of the thoroughbred horse racing season at Marquis Downs! LOL

lostsheep
09-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Morrison may have helped in the playoffs if he wasent hurt but it was Stanford that allowed or at least helped get us to the playoffs in the first place. Kizuik makes a regular5-6 pairing on the back end unless Vandane or Williamson steps it up. Davis has improved over last years performance, has size and a decent shot to boot. Morrison will be fine in net, and i hope his philly camp goes well, or his confidence may be hurt again. Maturity will help get his mind back on track, and his age is on his side.
________
Sell vaporizers (http://vaporizeraffiliateprogram.com)

Steveo34
09-16-2010, 04:47 AM
So who'd you like to see start this season? Morrison or Stanford?

warr2
09-16-2010, 07:31 AM
How did stone play for moose jaw in saskatoon

lordstanley
09-16-2010, 07:51 AM
So who'd you like to see start this season? Morrison or Stanford?

It would be Stanford if he was 19 but he's not so lets go with Morrison :clap:

Trav
09-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Should be Stanford, rite now he'd be 5th among the overagers on the team but probably 4th since Patterson should make the crappy Calgary Flames farm system

lostsheep
09-16-2010, 09:39 AM
My vote would be for Stanford for the # 1 spot. However i would not Risk the next year or two with young goalies being pushed in too early. so i surrender to Morrison and have the young guns get 1/3 of the starts for the expierience. Our defence is up to the task. now who rounds out the defence??
________
TWINK GANGBANG (http://www.****tube.com/video/17511/twink-gangbanged-by-horny-studs)

lordstanley
09-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Teigan Zahn has been sent back to the Blades as he never made main camp Tampa Bay Lightning

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=537637&navid=DL|TBL|home

lostsheep
09-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Nicholls, Morrison, and Elliott have mad the main camps so far if im not mistaken? so i guess that helps anchor the blueline.
________
How to open iolite (http://vaporizer.org/reviews)

wango tango
09-16-2010, 03:13 PM
from the regina leader post...

"Regina's lineup on Wednesday won't resemble the one the Pats send out for the regular season when their five NHL prospects return. That said, the Blades were missing 11 players due to NHL camps on Wednesday and dressed just eight WHL veterans. Regina had 13."

this has been an extremely competitive camp for the blades youngsters and prospects. good to see the future seems promising.

Bepoleon
09-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Don't let the score fool ya"... Blades dominated from the start to about 3 mins left in the game.

I was impressed by how most of your youth played. Also, Siemens looked like a monster out there, Him and Bell spoke a couple times during face-offs, was sure there was going to be a showdown, but nothing came of it. Thrower and Benson also looked good.

20 year old Boyer looked way better than Toomey. Toomey actually looked like he took a step backwards from lastyear. Kiziuk played very chippy. Drzyziniski (pardon my spelling) with facemask = Douchebag. I know Darians tough and can handle himself, but he was doing alot of gawking and cheapshots, hacking, etc during stoppages in plays.

Looks like you guys have a good team this years and years to come.

lostsheep
09-16-2010, 08:50 PM
during last nights radio brodcast it was mentioned we might drop down a gaolie, has there been any information out yet.
________
Gl1800 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_GL1800)

Trav
09-16-2010, 08:52 PM
This is huge for the Blades, having Zahn returned. He's likely going to be the captain and with Elliott, Siemens, Thrower, that makes a pretty good top 4 on the blueline.

Two overage spots left for Viedensky, Patterson, Acolatse, Boyer and Stanford. The rest I wouldn't bother with. Patterson likely gone though so that leaves 4 guys left.

Hudson Morrison re-assigned today, that kinda sucks, wouldn't have been surprised if he made the team, the kid has potential in my opinion.

Steveo34
09-16-2010, 09:24 PM
Ok so someone give me the situation on the Blades guys who might or might not come back this year please.

reims
09-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Ok so someone give me the situation on the Blades guys who might or might not come back this year please.

my opinion is zahn viedensky and acolatse as 20 yr olds...patterson isnt coming back...scored again tonight against vancouver

lostsheep
09-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Zahn, Marek, and Sena would be great for us. Leadership and work ethic. Zahn is a workhorse that logs a lot of minutes and dosent really have a down side IMO. Sens is a good two way player who can mix it up with the best, and he really looked like he wants to be here this year. Marek will bolster our scoring and improve those around him with points. I also thought Hudson was playing very well for us, and didnt look out of place. Im not sure if anyone else will stick with the NHL teams, how is Elliott playing?
________
HEMP (http://marijuanahemp.com)

RenegadeStylings
09-17-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm a big Avalanche fan and have been following reports from Avs rookie camp. Apparently Elliott hasn't looked very good, which is kind of shocking to me.

The Avs have 4-5-6 guys competing for one spot on their blueline, so the odds were stacked against Elliott in the first place.

The Avalanche play their first actual exhibition game next Tuesday, and I wouldn't be surprised if he drew into that game before being sent back to Saskatoon.

lordstanley
09-17-2010, 11:54 AM
MAREK VIEDENSKY has been sent back to the Blades expect an anouncment tonight or early tomorrow now if Patterson comes back it's just gravy Acolatse is a very good third 20 year old option as well

RenegadeStylings
09-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Where'd you hear that?

Trav
09-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Not surprised...Marek said on facebook, he'd likely be back, he said he hadn't played very well at Sharks camp. Our gain though, hopefully he comes in ready to go as the Blades top line center.

So Viedensky, Zahn and Acolatse or Stanford, depending on how Morrison does when he comes back, if he's inconsistent still, you can expect him gone. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they brought in Tadejah (sp?) who was released from the Chiefs, he's a pretty decent goaltender. He should give Morrison a run for the starting job, if they trade Stanford.

lostsheep
09-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Wowo when things happen it gets around fast! how are the others doing Nicholls, Gogol, and Hamilton??
________
Digital Vaporizer (http://digitalvaporizers.info)

lordstanley
09-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Hamilton and Nicholls made main camps but i would think they would be back for the home opener as for Gogol i'm not sure i would expect him back soon as well

RenegadeStylings
09-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Things really starting to fall into place in regards to the roster.

nivek_wahs
09-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Toomey to Seattle

http://www.seattlethunderbirds.com/article/t-birds-acquire-travis-toomey-from-saskatoon

Seattle sends 4th round 2011 Bantam pick to Blades

KENT, September 17, 2010 — Seattle Thunderbirds general manager Russ Farwell today announced the team has acquired 20-year-old forward Travis Toomey from the Saskatoon Blades for a fourth round pick in the 2011 WHL Bantam Draft.

“We are pleased to be adding an experienced leader and proven player,” said Farwell. “Travis is a big, two-way forward that will play a large role both on and off the ice.”

Toomey is entering his fourth season in the league. Last year with the Blades he had 11 goals and 17 assists for 28 points with 129 penalty minutes. Toomey has appeared in 198 career games and has 82 points on 41 goals and 41 assists with 314 penalty minutes.

WHL teams are allowed three 20-year-olds each season. With the addition of Toomey, the T-Birds now have two 20-year-olds on the roster, with defenseman Brenden Dillon being the other 20-year-old. It is expected Toomey will arrive in Kent in time for first game of the regular season.

The T-Birds final exhibition game of the preseason is Saturday, September 18, at ShoWare Center in Kent against the Portland Winterhawks at 7:05 p.m. Tickets to the preseason game are $10 if purchased online prior to the game and $12 day of game at the ShoWare Center box office.

The T-Birds will open the regular season against the Everett Silvertips on Friday, September 24 at Comcast Arena in Everett at 7:35pm. The T-Birds will hold their home opener on Saturday, September 25 at 7:05p.m. against the Winterhawks. The T-Birds will wrap up their opening weekend in Kennewick against the Tri-City Americans on Sunday, September 26, at 5:05 p.m. at the Toyota Center.

T-Birds single game tickets for the 2010-11 season are available online at the T-Birds website and at the ShoWare Center box office. The ShoWare Center Box Office is open Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday game days at 10 a.m. and Sunday game days at noon.

T-Birds Group tickets are currently on sale. Group tickets can be purchased by calling the T-Birds office at 253-239-7825.

Bepoleon
09-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Toomey<fourth round pick.

Trav
09-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Funny I was just thinking earlier that I could see Toomey being moved to a team like Seattle who had only one overager at the time. A 4th is pretty good for him. I was never a big fan of Toomey's, he never really put up the points that I thought he would. Big guy but didn't always use his size to his advantage in my opinion. To be honest, I think he saw that his time with the team was over cuz he didn't look good in the pre-season games i saw him in.

RenegadeStylings
09-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Toomey looked bad from what I had seen so far this pre-season.

I like the deal.

BladesFan_2010
09-17-2010, 03:49 PM
He took far too many stupid penalties last year anyhow.

lordstanley
09-17-2010, 03:55 PM
I heard Boyer may be going to Regina stay tuned

Bepoleon
09-17-2010, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't mind Boyer coming to the Pats. Its a big upgrade from Mappin.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-17-2010, 04:27 PM
Boyer is way too soft to wear a pats uniform this year, especially with all the stumps we got already.

I dont see the blades trading to the pats anyways, but of course Stanford or Acolatse would be nice additions to the pats if we are presented the chance.

BladesFan_2010
09-17-2010, 10:03 PM
I don't know if they should be so quick to dump Boyer. Last year he went a million miles an hour but didn't do much, then in the playoffs he showed his worth and improved his play. I would want to keep Zahn and Acolatse for sure, then see what shakes out with the rest of the 20s before making any knee-jerk reactions.

slkone
09-17-2010, 10:26 PM
How is it that Gogol makes San Jose's main camp and Viedesky gets released back to the blades?? It is now up on the SJ web site. Not that I am complaining
it makes the picture a lot clearer.

reims
09-17-2010, 10:29 PM
How is it that Gogol makes San Jose's main camp and Viedesky gets released back to the blades?? It is now up on the SJ web site. Not that I am complaining
it makes the picture a lot clearer.

becuase gogol would be a role player (fighter)...agitator, they dont need viednsky's offenceiveness right now

lordstanley
09-17-2010, 10:38 PM
becuase gogol would be a role player (fighter)...agitator, they dont need viednsky's offenceiveness right now

here's a reason why they maybe like him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0yEKGZUZaY&feature=fvst

Steveo34
09-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Good fight...makes me want to ask the quesion, is he playing for the Blades again this year?

reims
09-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Good fight...makes me want to ask the quesion, is he playing for the Blades again this year?
ya i would bet he will be back...but who knows...i think they maybe wanna see how he can do against the big boys...i think he will play against anaheim in exhibition and try goerge parros..lol...thats my prediction!

Dwight Schrute
09-18-2010, 12:54 PM
here's a reason why they maybe like him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0yEKGZUZaY&feature=fvst

they like him cuz he can scrap a useless plug like ellington, and then cheapshot him at the end ? lol i hope he gets in a preseason game so a guy like rick rypien can tune him in......... parros ? lol

lordstanley
09-18-2010, 02:15 PM
He would have won that fight even without that cheap shot i didn't like the ending either but i do think he is a very valuable player to a team good team leader has some speed and can really toss them

lordstanley
09-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Oh another thing Tyler Oswald has been assigned to his junior team in Dauphin

http://saskatoonblades.com/article/blades-make-pair-of-roster-moves

reims
09-18-2010, 04:39 PM
they like him cuz he can scrap a useless plug like ellington, and then cheapshot him at the end ? lol i hope he gets in a preseason game so a guy like rick rypien can tune him in......... parros ? lol

I was only kidding...he is not in that class of fighters...hes tough but has some growing to do!

lordstanley
09-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Curtis Hamilton has been sent back to the Blades

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=538134&navid=DL|EDM|home

BladesFan_2010
09-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Good! We need him back with Curtis being the Children's Wish Foundations point man this year at home games.

RenegadeStylings
09-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Stefan Elliott made the first round of cuts at Avalanche camp.

I would expect him to be in the lineup for their first pre-season game against the St. Louis Blues. After that, who knows.

lordstanley
09-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Yeah Stefan is 1 out of 41 players left in Avs camp there is no way i can see him being back in time for the opening weekend thats ok we should still be fine against the Raiders

Nicholls may be back Thursday as Ron Wilson is gonna make alot of cuts tomorrow

Morrison I'm not to sure about seeing the Flyers website is not as up to date as most

So you could probably see Viedensky Zahn and Stanford as the 3 20's this weekend if Morrison aint back in time you really can't start Iwan in your home opener

RenegadeStylings
09-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Elliott had an assist in his pre-season debut last night.

I would expect some Avs cuts today or tomorrow, so he could still be back for opening weekend.

lordstanley
09-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Adam Morrison has been sent back to the Blades so i would expect a Stanford trade soon

wango tango
09-22-2010, 01:17 PM
Adam Morrison has been sent back to the Blades so i would expect a Stanford trade soon

molleken won't rush a goalie trade. the last 20 is between stanford, acolatse, and patterson. very tough decision to make, if the flames keep patterson it would solve part of it. if morrison still looks shaky, then that solves the rest.

lordstanley
09-22-2010, 01:21 PM
I just have a hard time keeping a 20 year old goalie when you need to develop your younger goalies for the future heck i would had a very tough time even keeping Holtby if he came back for his 20 year old season

RenegadeStylings
09-22-2010, 02:51 PM
Yeah i have to agree, I have to think Stanford is gone.

lostsheep
09-22-2010, 02:54 PM
sorry but i would have kept Holtby hands down. Split time with then 18yr old Morrison, and we wouldnt be talking about who to keep this year. i think some of our issue is that he lost his confidence in his play and so did alot of fans. Age aside i go for Stanford, and hope our scouting staff has directed us in the right direction with our picks
________
The Simpsons Advice (http://www.tv-gossip.com/simpsons/)

RenegadeStylings
09-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Lord stanley where did u hear that Morrison is back anyways? I can't find confirmation of it anywhere.

lordstanley
09-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Heard it via twitter the Blades site is just very slow lately not sure why they took a full day to even anounce Hamilton being back

lordstanley
09-22-2010, 03:41 PM
And for people who think Stanford is way better think again compare the numbers from last season they were very close except for the win loss colume my main goalie stat is save % and Stanford and Morrison were 1 point difference the guy got drafted into the NHL 3rd round pick to the Flyers Stanford didn't

Morrison's rookie season was great he went 9-1-1 with a goals against of 2.49 and a save percentage of .907 give the guy a break lol

Dwight Schrute
09-22-2010, 04:41 PM
And for people who think Stanford is way better think again compare the numbers from last season they were very close except for the win loss colume my main goalie stat is save % and Stanford and Morrison were 1 point difference the guy got drafted into the NHL 3rd round pick to the Flyers Stanford didn't

Morrison's rookie season was great he went 9-1-1 with a goals against of 2.49 and a save percentage of .907 give the guy a break lol
Player Name GP Min GA GAA W L T Svs Pct EN SO
Steven Stanford 42 2337 103 2.64 28 6 4 967 0.904 4 1
Adam Morrison 36 2040 112 3.29 18 13 3 950 0.895 4 1

you maybe shouldnt pumping the guys tires about being a 3rd rounder, seeing as he has dissapointed and failed to earn the trust of the coach. klotz was also a 3rd rounder it didnt mean he was a good player. 13 games he appeared in during his draft year, not exactly a great size to sample from

that 08-09 blade team was a veteran laden group with 9 guys scoring 48+ points. stanford spent all last season proving why he was the starter. why would you question that he is better now ? surely its not due to the flyers reaching and taking a chance on him in late in the 3rd round ?

lordstanley
09-22-2010, 05:00 PM
I never said 1 goalie was better than the other i just said for people to think Stanford is way better is crazy why didn't Stanford earn a tryout ? read closer next time

Dwight Schrute
09-22-2010, 06:40 PM
I never said 1 goalie was better than the other i just said for people to think Stanford is way better is crazy why didn't Stanford earn a tryout ? read closer next time
i just think people are overrating him simply because he was drafted. klotz and dalyn flatt were both picked higher... doesnt mean much.
he had one with minnesota before.

lordstanley
09-22-2010, 06:42 PM
I think people are not overating him at all i just don't think he is as bad as people are making him out to be i am very confident he can get the job done as a number 1 guy

Dwight Schrute
09-22-2010, 06:56 PM
I think people are not overating him at all i just don't think he is as bad as people are making him out to be i am very confident he can get the job done as a number 1 guy

well now that its for sure zahn and viedensky are staying i doubt they will keep stanford now.

lordstanley
09-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Josh Nicholls has just been sent back by the Toronto Maple Leafs i would think he would be ready for tomorrow nights game

lordstanley
09-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Colorado Ave made 7 cuts today as well and Elliott is still there 1 of 34 guys left in camp now

RenegadeStylings
09-23-2010, 03:32 PM
I have some inside info on Elliott...sounds like the Avs plan to keep him for one more game..against Dallas on Friday night, then send him back.

That likely means he won't be in the lineup for either game this opening weekend.

lordstanley
09-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Thats not really any inside info if you look on the Avs website it shows they made 8 cuts and Elliott is still there out of 34 players of course he would play 1 more game lol

wango tango
09-23-2010, 03:49 PM
there wouldn't be any doubt about who the starter would be, if morrison proves he is mentally tough enough to carry the load. it's not talent, morrison has it. mentally he just got rattled too easily with a bad goal, or some kind of adversity.

RenegadeStylings
09-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Thats not really any inside info if you look on the Avs website it shows they made 8 cuts and Elliott is still there out of 34 players of course he would play 1 more game lol

That's not the inside info...the inside info is the fact that they plan on playing him only one more game, then returning him.

wango tango
09-23-2010, 03:57 PM

lordstanley get off your high horse. we have no idea how long colorado plans to keep elliott! for all we know they could keep him for a couple of regular season games, then send him back. according to renegadestylings inside info he'll play another game this weekend, and be returned.

good news for the blades.

RenegadeStylings
09-23-2010, 04:08 PM
lordstanley get off your high horse. we have no idea how long colorado plans to keep elliott! for all we know they could keep him for a couple of regular season games, then send him back. according to renegadestylings inside info he'll play another game this weekend, and be returned.

good news for the blades.

Exactly, and lordstanley, the Avs actually made 7 cuts today, not 8. :p

RenegadeStylings
09-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Gaelan Patterson re-assigned today by the Flames to the Heat of the AHL.

No Gaelan for Saskatoon this year.

lordstanley
09-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Gaelan Patterson re-assigned today by the Flames to the Heat of the AHL.

No Gaelan for Saskatoon this year.

Great for Gaelan bad for the Blades lornes decision got a little easier on who to keep now

lordstanley
09-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Who would have ever thought Morrison would be 1 of the last few Blades still in NHL training camp well i always knew he had the talent to do good things i would expect a great season by Adam this year

lordstanley
09-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Only Blades left in NHL camp now are Elliott and Morrison as the Rangers send Niemi to the AHL and McNaught back to the Blades

so the Overagers we are left with are

Viedensky
Zahn
Acolatse
Stanford
Boyer
McNaught

Joe Hallenback
09-24-2010, 12:51 PM
I would think they keep Zahn,Viedensky and McNaught. The 100K development fee is too much money to pass up and McNaught would be a force of evil in the east :)

RenegadeStylings
09-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Not overly surprising news with Niemi and McNaught.

I still think the last 20 will be Acolatse.

lostsheep
09-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Glad im not Lorne. Is Morrison eligable for AHL play? or will he be back. I dont think any goaltending decisions will be made until closer to the deadline.Zahn and Marek are shoe ins, the rest would be a tough decision. Sena has played very well this pre-season,Boyer is a home town kid, Randy showed tremendous growth as a player last year, i would like to see him develop more under Lorne and the rest of our staff.
________
HOTELS IN MEXICO (http://mexicohoteles.org)

RenegadeStylings
09-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Lorne said recently the goaltending decision will be a long and hard one and that the decision likely won't be made until the very very end of the deadline. I don't blame him.

And Morrison has to either play in the WHL or NHL, no AHL for him.

lordstanley
09-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Not overly surprising news with Niemi and McNaught.

I still think the last 20 will be Acolatse.

I agree I want Acolatse to be the last guy, the guy can play both positions if there is a injury to the back end Acolatse would fill in nicely, When Niemi went down with a injury last season Acolatse played defense and was a force

lordstanley
09-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Jeeebus McNaught is going to kill the Raiders kids!

Well he maybe will but he wont be ready for tonight anyways

our 2 20's tonight are
Zahn
Viedensky
Stanford

lostsheep
09-24-2010, 01:30 PM
i agree the goalie decicion could have long reaching implications. Im ok with either player for this year, its what happens next year if you keep Stanford.
________
Dodge hornet specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Hornet)

lordstanley
09-24-2010, 01:32 PM
If we were to keep Stanford i wanna see Iwan atleast get in 25 games maybe even 30 we would need experience in goal for next season

BladesFan_2010
09-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Nope, I still stick with my gut that I don't want Stanford back. Mo needs a legitimate shot at being #1, and once Morrison comes back (if it's before the October deadline), then Lorne can shuffle the 20 year olds in and out of the lineup on a rotating basis, taking Acolatse, McNaught, Boyer and others (?) and insert them in the one remaining overager roster spot.

I saw Acolatse play a lot last year, and yes he's got that versatility to play both positions, but to take a 20 year old spot, you gotta be a force or put up the numbers at least. Last year on defence he was steady, never put up the points really but then again he wasn't a defensive liability like Kizuik was last year. Acolatse would have to put some points on the board if he was to stay. They need to dump Stanford because then if Mo comes back as a 20 year old next year, Iwan will have a couple years as a backup before taking the starters reigns in his third year. If you keep Stanford, then you need to still get rid of the other overagers, but if you dump Mo, then you have to make sure that Iwan plays in enough games this year so he can be the starter for next, unless you want to make a deal for a starter for next year if you don't think Iwan can handle the starting job next year.

At any rate, the Blades will kick the living snot out of the Raiders! If the Blades start hitting and taking the body, P.A. doesn't fight back, they showed that last year. If we don't hit them, we allow them to play an east-west type of game and their skill will get them some goals.

Bring on the season already! I WANNA SEE A GOOD OLE'FASIONED ASS KICKING!!!