PDA

View Full Version : Game in Innisfail

Rebrevs
09-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Watching Matt Dumba is a pleasure!! Shades of Dion PHanuef when he took out a Calgary player mid ice!! What I really love is how quickly he can convert the play from defense to offense. He moves the puck very well. He was called on in the shoot out. His attempt wasn't so great but I'm sure we'll see an improvement. Speaking of the shootout Siwak was the first out and cashed and very nice deek to his backhand. Under pressure, Burr shot a nice quick shot high to the goalie's glove side. After watching Oursov through the Black and White game where he looked impressive, he has become unnoticeable in the Airdrie and Innisfail games. As a nineteen year old, I don't think they should keep him. He doesn't have enough grit in the corners and in fact is decidedly absent from the corners. I like Ness's ability to score. He isn't big so I'm not sure what they will do with him. In the other side, McCoy has good size but just have enough giddyup in my opinion. I like Robinson. He is a good skater and isn't afraid to go to the boards. I like Muller's toughness and willingness to hit. I'm just not sure there will be a place for him. Scheidl is playing very well right now!! Any other thoughts out there??

RDRebelsfan
09-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Personally, at the same age from what I remember I think Dumba is a better player than Phaneuf. Maybe I am alone on this? But I think Dumba does things better. He skates better, IMO.

Ness, will be a good addition. In today's hockey you don't need size to succeed. In this day and age it's more tailored to speed and skill.

Also, why was Oursov listed as Arseni Oursov on the gamesheets?

Rebrevs
09-12-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm thinking it is probably his real name. I'm not sure why, at this stage of the game, he would want to be called Arseni. We'll have to see if it continues. They called him ARseni in the Advocate as well.

west coast
09-12-2010, 06:59 PM
i have been impressed with Dumba as well.He is such a strong powerful and quick skater.He is as good as anyone his age.The sky is the limit with this talented player.He should put up some pretty good numbers as well

SectionNDeserter
09-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Also, why was Oursov listed as Arseni Oursov on the gamesheets?As I recall, he was actually born in Russia. That is probably his real name. He probably goes by Steve, because it is more common in North America than Arseni. ;)

Rebelsfan13
09-13-2010, 05:54 PM
Ness has stood out for me and deserves to make this team. They play a few more exhibition games so it will be interesting to see who else steps up!