PDA

View Full Version : Toomey Dealt To T-Birds

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-17-2010, 11:51 PM
For a 4th rounder in 2011. From what I saw of him in pre season he did not make his case to win an OA spot here.

Thoughts?

Steveo34
09-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Ya from what I've seen and heard from Toomey this pre-season..I'm not really upset about this news, except for I think they could've gotten a little better than a 4th rounder for him..but then again we didn't get much for Inglis either, so..

BigCat20
09-18-2010, 09:07 AM
I think a 4th round is very good for the #'s he put up last year! MJ gave up Bosch for a 6th so I think Lorne got a steal of a deal. Next.....get a good return for Boyer & Stanford!

Trav
09-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Ya from what I've seen and heard from Toomey this pre-season..I'm not really upset about this news, except for I think they could've gotten a little better than a 4th rounder for him..but then again we didn't get much for Inglis either, so..

Lol, didn't get much? are u flipping serious? Inglis has problems, we all know that as do every team in the league, most players that are traded that have had problems don't get ya a big return, u should be glad the Cougars were willing to trade a 2nd rounder lol. We weren't going to get Troy Bourke for him or a 1st round pick lol.

Toomey was never one of the Blades top players at any point during his career here, no offense to him. Not saying he sucks but in my opinion I thought he was going to do better here then he did. Think bout this for a minute to, every team knows the Blades have a boat load of 20's, u won't get like a 2nd rounder for him lol.

BigCat20
09-18-2010, 09:41 AM
"Why buy the milk if you can get it for free" There are more overagers than spots left on many teams. Why give up picks, when you can get them for free. They must have wanted Toomey, cuz he was a long shot to make it with the Blades!