PDA

View Full Version : Audition for the Pats?

BigCat20
09-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Anyone think Stanford played so the Pats could have a look at him? What about Boyer going to Regina.......any word?

Bepoleon
09-19-2010, 07:04 PM
No word as of yet... A trade between the two teams is looking grim. When Toomey was traded, Molleken said that he sent him out west because he didn't want his team to play against Toomey (a minimum of four games).

When asked, Lang said that most of the (good) 20 year olds are in the east and its tough to do any deals basically because of what Molleken said (many games between division teams) but he also said that as soon as teams see players come back from NHL camps, u can see some deals being done.

Does Lang have something worked out with an other team and their just waiting for a player(s) to return? We'll see... hopefully sooner than later...

BigCat20
09-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Yah but with only a handful of teams with open overage spots, you might have to trade within the division. Or you release them & get nothing. I think most teams have their goaltending set. And we got Stanford from P.A. last year! I think Lorne was pumping up Toomey's tires!

CrazyGeorge
09-19-2010, 08:37 PM
I can see teams releasing or trading 20 year olds to get a better 20 year old from another team. For Siwfty for instance, we have Dowling and possibly Novotony as two of our 20's. Friesen and Bobbee as the other 20 or release/trade them and get someone better that is available from another team perhaps?