09-19-2010, 08:28 PM
how is your pick for captian mine will be kevin king

In the crowd
09-20-2010, 02:16 PM
Mine will be Matt Fraser

Reg Dunlop
09-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Mine will be Matt Fraser

My vote is for Fraser also. If he is back, isn't he still in Vancouver?

whlking
09-22-2010, 06:04 PM
Why not Brayden McNabb? He is their best player is he not?

In the crowd
09-22-2010, 11:46 PM
Why not Brayden McNabb? He is their best player is he not?

I'd say he is the best player, but if thats your reasoning for captains, why wasn't Kozun the Hitmen's captain? or Eberle the Pat's captain? or Taylor Hall the Spitfires captain? or Ilya Kovulchuk the Devils captain? or Marian Gaborik the Rangers captain? or Sidney Crosby team Canada's captain at the olympics?

McNabb would be my second pick for the Ice though.

In the crowd
09-22-2010, 11:46 PM
My vote is for Fraser also. If he is back, isn't he still in Vancouver?

Fraser is back

ICEinmyveins
09-29-2010, 04:42 PM
My picks for Captain this yr is one of these 3 guys......McNabb,Fraser, Reinhart.....The front runner in my mind is McNabb. He is a vetran with NHL camp experience and probably someone who the Ice look up to for leadership. The only problem is I personally don't think hes comming back. Hes not back yet and its down to crunch time with the Buffalo Sabres. He must be doing something right or he would have been back by now. I really want to see him back but I really want to see him waering Buffalo Blue this yr too. My next choice would be for Fraser, for pretty much the same reasons I would choose McNabb. If McNabb doesn't come back and they don't give it to Fraser someone who I would really like to see wear it is Reinhart. He was the leader on the ice for the Ice in their first game and I think he will continue throughout the season. I would go and say he will lead the ICE this yr in pts. I would even go out on a limb and say he will be in the top 10-15 in scoring in the WHL this yr. I may be a little out of my mind in saying that but I can really see Reinhart having a breakout yr this yr.

Spungy
10-02-2010, 08:30 AM
I would like to see King for Captain!

Arthur Fonzerelli
10-02-2010, 06:39 PM
. . . . or Captain for King ! ! !

Reg Dunlop
10-02-2010, 07:39 PM
3 guys were wearing A's last night King, Fraser, and McNabb. I am assuming there is one on Boomer's jersey who didn't play due to the 20 year old rule. Anyone know any more on this?

In the crowd
10-02-2010, 08:01 PM
3 guys were wearing A's last night King, Fraser, and McNabb. I am assuming there is one on Boomer's jersey who didn't play due to the 20 year old rule. Anyone know any more on this?
Boomer has a wrist injury from the Red deer game and is out about a week I think, thats why he didn't play, and Lieuwen has a knee injury (thank god not a concussion). Out day-to-day. So Mathews got forced in forcing one of the other 20's out anyway. I believe voting for captain will happen early this week.

In the crowd
10-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Anybody like the approach Calgary has taken the past few years towards captains? We could easily have co-captains this year, heck we can have 4 rotating captains this year. I hate the idea of co-captains, I don't even like rotating 'A's. But I'm sure they'll find a way to get Reinhart an 'A', he'll split it with Boomer or something. My picks are:

C- Fraser
A- McNabb
A- King
A- Boomer