PDA

View Full Version : Who will the 20 year olds be?

BladesFan_2010
09-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Well, a few days until the season starts, it's probably a good idea to banter about who the 20 year olds will be on this team after the October 10th deadline.

Viedensky, Zahn and Acolatse are probably the three that will stay, at least in my mind. Viedensky has come back from Sharks camp and when he came here last year was almost a point-per-game player. I don't think we have seen that kind of production from a player in a Blades uniform in years! Zahn, of course will probably be made captain and Acolatse from what I have heard has really worked hard and should earn a spot on the team. He is versatile enough that he can play D when needed, but barring any injuries, we seem to have enough players on the D (I think they will be Siemens, Zahn, Thrower, Elloitt, Kizuik, Vandane & Dietz). We need Sena to be more of the power forward to play with that grit.

I would like to see McNaught back because as a season ticket holder, I got to see him progress as a player and it was great to see. It'd be nice to see him come back, or Boyer too, but we will see.

Your thoughts are welcome....

reims
09-20-2010, 01:35 AM
I think you have to go with viedensky and zahn for sure....after that it depends on a lot of factors...does morrison come back??...i think he probobly will but if he doesnt you pretty much have to keep stanford...acolatse has played great and looked good in the games i saw him in and showed he really wants to be here...kiziuk was playing forward against the pats, may have just been an experiment but kind of makes a guy wonder about the "d"....i cant see mcnaught being a 20yr old on this team as much as i liked seeing him fight...dont be suprized if he is picked up by a division rival at the oct 14 deadline...there are so many factors to concider at this point for that 3rd 20 yr old spot....I can see the blades carrying all these guys till closer to the deadline in case on injurys too...should be interesting...they can only dress 3 20yr olds but can carry more until oct 14, so the debate continues...by the way i thjought boyer looked really good too, he will be playing as a 20 somewhere this year to good not to.

reims
09-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Why would Morrison not be back ? You dont mean because he could make the Flyers do you?
nah....but he may end up in a semipro league...east cost...ahl... somwhere who knows...

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-20-2010, 01:51 AM
I would go with Zahn,Viedensky and one of Acolatse or Boyer. Should be interesting that is for sure.

Trav
09-20-2010, 06:26 AM
nah....but he may end up in a semipro league...east cost...ahl... somwhere who knows...

He can't play in the AHL or in another league, it's either NHL or WHL and he obviously won't play in the NHL, doubt he ever will unless he gets his consistency problems fixed.

Seriously I think the Blades would be better off keeping Stanford, put Morrison and Acolatse or Boyer in a package deal and get a younger forward back in return rather then trading 20's for picks.

twentyone
09-20-2010, 11:21 AM
It will be interesting to see how Morrison will do this year. I personally think its a waste of an overage position to use it on a goalie, especially when we have so many good 20 yr olds that could make our lineup better. I think Lorne will try his luck with Morrison and give him until December 1st. If he isn't cutting it then pull the trigger and try and trade for goalie.

I belive Patterson will be back and the 20 yr olds will be between Patterson, Viedensky, Zahn, and Acolatse. From what I have seen so far in the pre season I think we need help on our back end. Elliot, Seimens, Thrower are solid but, Kizuik, Vandane, and Dietz are not ready to play big minutes on a top team. They are good young players need to play to improve for the future but come crunch time I think we could use a guy like Acolatse on the back end.

With many factors still to considor, like will Statsny still come?, Stransky has played well enough to make this team and if Statsny show's up I personally think Viedensky is expendable (he will give us the best trade value also), assuming Lorne doesn't have an agreement with the Sharks that he has to play in Saskatoon when they released him. That will leave Patty, Zahn, and Acolatse.

Acolatse can play a power forward role when needed but I think we need him on defense this year.

With trading Viedensky, Stanford, Boyer, Mcnaught we will get numerous drat picks. (probably won't get any players worth it). Then Lorne can use all those draft picks to package at the deadline to fill in the needs.

Sounds like a good plan, now lets bring on the start of the season already.

wango tango
09-20-2010, 11:49 AM
viedensky and zahn are two of the three 20's.

last 20 spot should be between patterson, acolatse, and stanford.

sounds like patterson sticks in the ahl.

then it's between acolatse and stanford. this would be easier if morrison was more consistent.

BladesFan_2010
09-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Morrison will be the starter. Stanford goes because of how he butchered that last game vs. Brandon in the playoffs. Plus, there are lots of forwards that we need to keep and not waste the 20 year old spot on a goalie. I didn't know about the rule that says you can't have an 18 or 19 year old in the AHL, but I suppose it makes sense. Makes me kinda wonder sometimes why the hell teams keep a guy (Colton Gillies for example) only to have him sit in the press box most games.

Based on that, Morrison will be back. As for the comment about Viedensky being traded, um.....excuse me? Did you see the way Marek played with us last year? Remember, the coaches saw how he played last year, and I think we are taking the agents word that Stastny is a good player. Agents are greedy money hungry arrogant SOBs who are partly to blame for these stupid ticket prices now days...sorry, I'd take Viedensky anyday. He's a big body and dominating on the ice. If Stastny does come back, either him or the other Euro in camp we have will be traded, but not Marek.

So yeah, I agree that Marek and Zahn are back for sure, with that third spot open. Acolatse has done well to deserve a spot, but Boyer is pretty good too. Wasn't Boyer on a line with Stovin at the last home game vs. Regina? They looked good together.

BladesFan_2010
09-21-2010, 12:02 AM
Does anyone know how Hulak did at the Coyotes rookie camp? I noticed he wasn't on their training camp roster, then again neither was Inglis HA HA

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-22-2010, 11:08 AM
I do not know how those guys did. I have been looking to see if he earned a contract but I can not find anything.

Tidball
09-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Derek Hulak will start the season with the San Antonio Rampage