PDA

View Full Version : Team Standings at the End of Regular Season

trucker
09-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Just curious to see where everyone sees the teams in our confernce at the end of the regular season. Does Moose Jaw finish on top? Is Brandon gonna make the post season? Do the Pats finish dead last? Is Red Deer finally gonna be a team to fear? What about the Broncos??

dubfan
09-20-2010, 12:21 PM
If Dowling does not come back the Broncos dont make the playoffs. Regina will not be good. Brandon, Saskatoon, Moose Jaw, PA, SC, Regina.

Toswammi
09-20-2010, 12:48 PM
If Dowling does not come back the Broncos dont make the playoffs. Regina will not be good. Brandon, Saskatoon, Moose Jaw, PA, SC, Regina.

If Dowling doesn't come back, Eakin is traded in Jan.

SC will finish between 4-7 in the Conf.
MJ/MH will be the class.
RD and Koo will be good too.
Brandon/Saskatoon have enough talent left to compete, Saskatoon should make it, Brandon should too, unless they get trade happy, or some guys stick in pro.
Calgary always seems to be good too.
I expect Regina and Lethbridge to be at the bottom.
PA and Edmonton will be around (I know nothing about Edmonton actually).

CrazyGeorge
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Could someone please provide a good link to the Washington Capitals camp and be able to follow Eakin's progress? Same to with Dowling at Philly camp. Can't find a good link to see how each are doing and the likelihood of either returning. I think our 20 year old situation can't really be determined until they know if Dowling comes and I'm curious about our euro situation...Nedomlel appears to be a lock...correct? Keeping a 20 year old euro (two spotter) or going with a 17 year old in Roznik? I haven't heard much regarding what type of player Roznik is and how he has done in games and such.

trucker
09-20-2010, 05:54 PM
Sounds like Eakin won't be around for the start of the season and may be playing some exhibition games for the Caps. Not really sure what to expect with Dowling, my thinking is he'll be back but plenty of others feel he won't. I'd say we will be in tough without either one of those guys. Eakin I think will be back but when? Then he'll be gone for a month with world jr's, meaning J D would have to carry the bulk of the load. I'm starting to get nervous here!! Hopefully Lamb can make something happen!!

trucker
09-20-2010, 05:59 PM
That being said,it'll finish like this: Moose Jaw. Saskatoon. Swift Current. Prince Albert. Brandon. Regina. Somethings gotta give and we'll finsh 2nd or 3rd. Am I trippen???

Raider Believer
09-20-2010, 07:22 PM
That being said,it'll finish like this: Moose Jaw. Saskatoon. Swift Current. Prince Albert. Brandon. Regina. Somethings gotta give and we'll finsh 2nd or 3rd. Am I trippen???

Trucker, with all due respect, do you really think you'll finish ahead of Brandon? I really hope you're right! And ya, I think you're "trippen". I can see you making an argument to finish ahead of PA, despite the fact they just beat you in two exhibition games quite handily, ya you could say you didn't have a full roster (nor did PA). But, IMHO the only team you'll finish ahead of will be Regina, but I'm sure you'll give me a less than gentle elbow if SC races out of the gates in the first half of the season LOL. BTW, best player for SC without a doubt is Scarlett, and that includes the guys away in NHL camps. Every night when you go to bed say a little prayer that he stays healthy. He must have had the puck on his stick 30% of the time in Saturday's game. He and Ryan Murray of Everett are the best young d-men to come along in a long, long time. No disrespect to Siemens from Toon town, he's a totally different kind of player, still effective tho.

trucker
09-20-2010, 09:24 PM
I agree with you that Scarlett is good...really good, but I think your pushen it when you state that he is better than Eakin or Dowling. He might become better than those two, but he is not there yet. And I will stick to my guns in saying that if Eakin and Dowling come back we will finish ahead of PA at the end of the regular season. And that is mho!lol

sectionL
09-20-2010, 11:23 PM
My prediction is that the broncos with a eakin and dowling in the line up will be in a battle with brandon for first. Saskatoon still lacks a dynamic scorer. Schenn is talented, but he still in my oppinion is a step behind eakin as far as goal scoring ability goes. The x factor this year will be goaltending. Once rogers is moved our defence won't be looking for the shot into the corner anymore.

Toswammi
09-21-2010, 08:03 AM
My prediction is that the broncos with a eakin and dowling in the line up will be in a battle with brandon for first. Saskatoon still lacks a dynamic scorer. Schenn is talented, but he still in my oppinion is a step behind eakin as far as goal scoring ability goes. The x factor this year will be goaltending. Once rogers is moved our defence won't be looking for the shot into the corner anymore.

I don't believe that Rogers will be moved.

smackitsakic
09-21-2010, 12:37 PM
MJ, Saskatoon, Brandon, SC, PA, Regina

wango tango
09-21-2010, 12:51 PM
moose jaw
swift current
brandon
saskatoon
prince albert
regina

Raider Believer
09-21-2010, 01:20 PM
moose jaw
swift current
brandon
saskatoon
prince albert
regina

MJ, Toon town & WK are significantly stronger than SC or PA.

eighty
09-21-2010, 03:26 PM
this is so not likely, but hey screw moose jaw. we can take em

Swift Current
Moose Jaw
Brandon
PA
Saskatoon

Regina

lostsheep
09-21-2010, 04:21 PM
i agree Schenn is over rated. I also agree that Eakin is a dynamic player and your best player. Moose Jaw has a strong team for sure and should battle for first. S'Toon has a very good team and only needs a little spice to be put over the top. I say:
Moose Jaw
Saskatoon
Brandon
Swift Current
Prince Albert
Regina. ( too bad they didnt trade Eberly )
________
Bubbler pipe (http://bubblers.net/)

eighty
09-21-2010, 08:21 PM
I definitely went against the grain haha! Blades will be strong though obviously, but it's likely that someone is going to crash mid/late season and while it could be anyone I predict Saskatoon for arguments sake. if they cant get themselves a solid deal with some more offense they will burn out. PA will catch a groove and go on a late-season tear

trucker
09-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Trucker, with all due respect, do you really think you'll finish ahead of Brandon? I really hope you're right! And ya, I think you're "trippen". I can see you making an argument to finish ahead of PA, despite the fact they just beat you in two exhibition games quite handily, ya you could say you didn't have a full roster (nor did PA). But, IMHO the only team you'll finish ahead of will be Regina, but I'm sure you'll give me a less than gentle elbow if SC races out of the gates in the first half of the season LOL. BTW, best player for SC without a doubt is Scarlett, and that includes the guys away in NHL camps. Every night when you go to bed say a little prayer that he stays healthy. He must have had the puck on his stick 30% of the time in Saturday's game. He and Ryan Murray of Everett are the best young d-men to come along in a long, long time. No disrespect to Siemens from Toon town, he's a totally different kind of player, still effective tho.

With the recent news of Dowling coming back (and likely Eakin) the Broncos will definately fish ahead of the Raiders!