PDA

View Full Version : gogol signs entry level contract with sharks?

reims
09-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Early rumours tho nothing official have curt gogol signing an entry level contract with the san jose sharks...looks like he impressed enough to earn some cash...still think he will be back in a blades uniform?....i hope so!

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Early rumours tho nothing official have curt gogol signing an entry level contract with the san jose sharks...looks like he impressed enough to earn some cash...still think he will be back in a blades uniform?....i hope so!

If he does good for him. I hope he would be back because without McNaught the Blades have a couple guys willing to drop the gloves and some of those guys are needed for offence. (Benson and Siemens)

SectionNDeserter
09-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Early rumours tho nothing official have curt gogol signing an entry level contract with the san jose sharks...looks like he impressed enough to earn some cash...still think he will be back in a blades uniform?....i hope so!If he did crack the San Jose lineup, he would probably be the first ever 170lb 19 year old with 7pts in the previous full junior season, to crack an NHL lineup. Since he can't play in the AHL or ECHL, I would put my money on him being back in the WHL.

lostsheep
09-20-2010, 03:19 PM
im not right up on the rules and feelsomewhat stupid for asking but why cant he play in the other leagues?? could someone please clarify:hmmm:
________
Creampie Ass (http://www.****tube.com/categories/449/ass/videos/1)

Tidball
09-20-2010, 03:19 PM
If he did crack the San Jose lineup, he would probably be the first ever 170lb 19 year old with 7pts in the previous full junior season, to crack an NHL lineup. Since he can't play in the AHL or ECHL, I would put my money on him being back in the WHL.

Yes he must make the Sharks or be sent back. But they have kept him for awhile so he is making a good impression. Good for him. He does have talent(when he uses it)

Tidball
09-20-2010, 03:23 PM
im not right up on the rules and feelsomewhat stupid for asking but why cant he play in the other leagues?? could someone please clarify:hmmm:

To play in the AHL or ECHL, you must be in your 20 yr old season. This prevents farm teams form taking away prospects early. But if you're exceptional, than you can make the NHL at 18 or 19 years old. Sydney Crosby, Colton Gillies, are a few examples of players who made the early jump.

European players can play in the AHL at 18 or 19 years old as long as they were drafted BEFORE they become part of a CHL team. Example.

Jyri Niemi was drafted into the NHL as a Blade. So the earliest he can play in the AHL is as a 20 yr old.

Kirill Starkov was drafted into the NHL BEFORE he became a Red Deer Rebel. So he was able to play pro at a young age. He played in the ECHL as a 19 yr old.

lostsheep
09-20-2010, 03:33 PM
thank you:)
________
SHIP SALE (http://ship-sale.com/)

Allin44
09-20-2010, 04:12 PM
To play in the AHL or ECHL, you must be in your 20 yr old season. This prevents farm teams form taking away prospects early. But if you're exceptional, than you can make the NHL at 18 or 19 years old. Sydney Crosby, Colton Gillies, are a few examples of players who made the early jump.

European players can play in the AHL at 18 or 19 years old as long as they were drafted BEFORE they become part of a CHL team. Example.

Jyri Niemi was drafted into the NHL as a Blade. So the earliest he can play in the AHL is as a 20 yr old.

Kirill Starkov was drafted into the NHL BEFORE he became a Red Deer Rebel. So he was able to play pro at a young age. He played in the ECHL as a 19 yr old.

Also if you have 4 years in Junior. For example, Tavares played in the OHL as a 15 year old(exceptional player rule), so at age 19 he would have been able to play in the AHL.

BladesFan_2010
09-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Gogol does have a touch around the net with a decent shot, anyone who was there to watch him play can tell you that.

I think it's stupid that the NHL teams keep these kids away from their junior teams for a week or two then decide to return them to their junior teams. If you're sitting on the fence about the kid, let him go back to his junior team where he will get more ice time! I do hope Gogol comes back, because I doubt that McNaught will be back as a 20 year old.

BladesFan_2010
09-21-2010, 12:24 AM
The Blades just posted on their Twitter page that Gogol has been returned to the Blades! Good, now he can take a round out of those whimpy Raiders who don't fight!

reims
09-21-2010, 01:57 AM
they had 5 fights against the Broncos in P.A and 3 the next night in Swift. Ruopp left Siemens with stiches in 3 spots on his face. They may not have anyone that can hang with Gogol YET. All the up and commers are 17

good to hear becuase you know as long as lorne is coaching in stoon he will always have at least 2 tough guys dressed everynight!...and truth be known i dont think gogol is the toughest on the team anyways...try zahn...he doesnt get many fights anymore becuase he anihilates guys.

reims
09-21-2010, 11:56 AM
all i am saying is he doesnt get many fight offers anymore...blades are loaded with tough guys so this weekend should be interesting if your young guys step up or not???

Trav
09-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Well the Blades better have more goal scorers then tough guys cuz thats how u win games, not how many friggin fights u win. If Molleken wants to see a bunch of fights every game he's in the wrong business.

lostsheep
09-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Gogol does more than just fight he's a pain in the *** to play against. If your on the ice you keep your head up cause you know if he's out there you will get hit. IMO he plays like Esa Tikkonen (sp), and if he finds the net a little more he could be dangerous.
________
Cocaine Rehab Dicussion (http://www.rehab-forum.com/cocaine-rehab/)

Raider Believer
09-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Gogol does more than just fight he's a pain in the *** to play against. If your on the ice you keep your head up cause you know if he's out there you will get hit. IMO he plays like Esa Tikkonen (sp), and if he finds the net a little more he could be dangerous.

I've watched this kid since he was a tyke in Sherwood Park, Alberta. At no level was he ever an Esa Tikkonen. And it sounds like Reims wants him to make a name for himself beating up on Raider 16 & 17 year olds. Pathetic.

lostsheep
09-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Maybe Esa was stretching but he is a Pain to play against. I hope he puts more tricks in his bag, a few more regular season points would help the team more. As far as beating 16 & 17yr olds it would be pathetic, unless provoked. I would expect the same for our young players if they acted like an a**
________
Wellbutrin settlement news (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

Raider Believer
09-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Maybe Esa was stretching but he is a Pain to play against. I hope he puts more tricks in his bag, a few more regular season points would help the team more. As far as beating 16 & 17yr olds it would be pathetic, unless provoked. I would expect the same for our young players if they acted like an a**

I'm guessing that not too many informed PA Raider 16 & 17 year olds are going to provoke Mr. Gogel. LOL

BigCat20
09-21-2010, 06:46 PM
I dont think it would be pathetic if gogol danced with a 16 or 17 year old. If the other team takes a player of that age, for that role, I think he's fair game. Anyone have a problem with Schultz fighting Siemens(19 yr old vs. 16 yr old) last year?

lostsheep
09-21-2010, 07:36 PM
another good point, if your in the dub, i think you have been in your share of scrumbs. Your not always the biggest, toughest or meanest, but you can still hang in there when sticking up for teamates:groovy:
________
Shinto forums (http://www.religionboard.org/shinto/)

reims
09-22-2010, 02:04 AM
Well the Blades better have more goal scorers then tough guys cuz thats how u win games, not how many friggin fights u win. If Molleken wants to see a bunch of fights every game he's in the wrong business.

I think the blades have a good mix this year...you look at the top 3 teams in the eastern conference last year and they all had some pretty tough guys in there lineups...brandon saskatoon and calgary will always have tuff guys becuse kelly likes drafting or trading for them much like lorne does...you can teach and coach tough guys to score...but its hard to teach toughness (except in movies like youngblood)...lol...this is i was getting at...and i am willing to bet that dzuirzynski and gogol both have way more points this year then they ever had before....even the raiders in there glory days had 3 or 4 tough guys...it just seems in my opinion anyways you need these role players in your lineup or you end up with skilled guys being to scared to play there game...and skilled tough guys are rare....maybe schenn being an exception...a guy who would fight who ever whenever if you let him...and could handle himself...i think the blades are built with team toughness, and as a fan i wouldnt want it any other way.